Message from TripAdvisor:

“We loved this place!”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
“We loved this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2005

We just arrived home from a week at Bay Watch. I couldn't wait to get home and let everyone know about our experience. We loved this place! I was very sceptical before we arrived. I had read all the reviews, good and bad. I can honestly say that we were more than satisfied. The staff was very accomodating, our condo was clean, and we have NO complaints or regrets. I watched the maintenance on the pools each morning. The elevators were quick and clean. I guess I lied when I said I have no complaints, I do have one. I'm complaining that I have to wait a whole year before we go back!

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (537)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2005

Just got back from Myrtle Beach and loved the week there. The room was clean and had all the items in the kitchen we would want. Pools were clean and maintained well. Host staff were helpful. Business center was used for the internet - wished it had wi-fi. Need this for the future. (but this is supposed to be a vacation from work and laptops!)

Bought things at the Food Lion and Bi-Lo near by....and a Wallmart is about 3 miles north with a full supermarket. We decided to cook lunch and breakfast - to cut costs and travel - Hey! We are there for the beach and pool not for driving for eating!

Full size refridgerator had space for all the beverages we could want... and had an icemaker. Handy!

Balcony over the ocean was nice to have. Air conditioning was pre-set and had the room almost too cool some nights. Rather that then be hot.

The Bay Watch is north of the heavier traffic areas. It is close enough to the typical eating and entertainment locations.

Mornings spent on beach. Get a towel on a poolside lounge chair before 9:30 am to get a good spot. Umbrellas are there to rent. We got one for $3.99 at the Wings and 3 chairs at $3.99 - disposable needs.

Great time. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

This is an awesome place to stay with your family....... The people working there were awesome and very very nice.... The pools were in great condition... Some people complained about sand in the pools, but that is to be expected when some people don't rinse their feet off after coming from the beach ... We saw how much work and effort they put into cleaning those pools every morning.... NO COMPLAINTS HERE!!!! If you like southern cooking and seafood you must go to THE FARMERS DAUGHTER RESTARAUNT!! Excellent food and very very good service.... We were on the 6th floor 2nd tower and had a great veiw of the ocean ,, It was so relaxing just to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean at nite..... There is so much for your kids to do here.. My family and I are definetly going back next year......

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2005

We have stayed at the baywatch resort for the last 3 or 4 years and have been very pleased, until this year.

We decided to stay an extra night and paid for our room a couple of days in advance, the lady at the check in counter told us we could stay in our room until our new room was cleaned since they had it already rented. We told them we appreciated that and would check with them that morning.

We started calling and the man at the desk asked us to leave our items in the room in a corner and a bell boy would move them for us. I advised him I didn't want to leave my personal items such as my purse, jewelery etc in the room for someone else to move. He called the our room back and said the new room should be ready in 20-25 minutes (which was in the last building. My husband and brother in law packed all of our stuff and got over there and no one was there nor had they even started cleaning the room. In the meantime several maides come into clean the room and one of them tell my husband to put our stuff in the entrance way. They unload all of our stuff and the supervisor maide comes thru and tells them they have to get it out!

In the mean time I'm at the front desk fighting with the check in man he wants us out of our old room so they can clean it for next guest and we have no where to go. The day is half gone and he ask me to check back in, in 30 minutes. I advised him no that I was not spending the whole day playing this game. We finally get our keys at 2:00 p.m. and get to the new room and it starts pouring the rain.. So, we spent another 350.00 for another day to fight with the staff. I will have to really consider going back after all of the hassle we was given and the rudeness from the supervisor maide and the front desk.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cabot, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2005

Stayed at the Baywatch the week of July 16th, 2005. Rented it thru CondoLux and check in took forever--only 2 women checking in a 100 tenants. The room was nice and big, clean, and had a great view of the ocean. The pools were clean, but the lazy river was more like a crazy river! There was no supervision at these pools and there were kids and parents constantly running in the lazy river and you could not relax at all. Nothing like relaxing in a tube to be constantly pushed and goosed from kids swimming underneath you. The rules stated that no rafts were allowed in the pools or lazy river, but the rafts crowded the lazy river. We renamed them the Crazy rivers. Had to wait over an hour for food ordered from the condos restaurant, then when we finally got it, the order was wrong and missing half the stuff. Food was rushed and not cooked. A small cup of flavored ice at the pool for the kids was $5 and if you gave them a $10 bill, they would keep the change unless you asked for it back. Tacky! Please be aware that there was no long distance calling from our room which was a big inconvience for us due to the need to keep in touch at home with sick elderly parents and making reservations for shows could not be done from our room either. We were meeting people in NC and had no way of contacting them. If you rent from an outside rental agency, the front desk wants nothing to do with you, so if you have any maintenance problems, you're on your own. I think next time I'll stick to Ocean City!

1 Thank Joni D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2005

WOW!! THE BAYWATCH RESORT IS CLEAN, SPACIOUS, WONDERFUL GUEST SERVICE, GOOD MUSIC, NICE POOLS!!!! We couldn't have had a better time. My family and I stayed at the BayWatch Resort in North Myrtle Beach (27th and Atlantic). We stayed in a 3 Bedroom, 3 Full Bath Oceanfront Room. Along with my husband and my 2 children (ages 1 and 3) were my 2 Sister-in-Laws with their family. All in all there were 11 of us (including the children). We loved the room each room had 2 extra long double beds. We had a full kitchen, living room and a TV in every room. The turn down service was great. She did a good job cleaning and she was very nice. We stayed on the 4th floor so we had a good view of the Beach/Ocean as well as the 4 Swimming Pools. We are definetly staying again next year. You always have fears that the ad won't match the actual hotel but, this one met our expectations and went beyond. I recommend this hotel to everyone, you won't be sorry.

Zaire at the front desk was great, Thanks Zaire!! You did awesome even when you didn't know who was watchin

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2005

no complaints. It was great. After reading reviews, I was nervous about the pools and staff. But no complaints. The pools were cleaned everymorning and the staff was polite and helpful. We had a 3 bedroom 3 bath room with 9 people. All were happy and will return. My sister-in-law is getting married in Sept. at North Myrtle and is going to stay at Baywatch they enjoyed it so much. We never ate in the restaurant, but meet several people that did, they liked it. The new Jellyfish Bar that opened while we were there was so fun. It is right by the pool area outside. Live band everyday from 1 to 5. Then DJ at night. It was crowded but we had fun everynight. We had the same maid everyday. She was foreign and hard to understand, but very nice, polite and accomodating. She said no tip was allowed, but we did anyway. We will also stay again in Sept. for the wedding and probably next summer.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,159 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,551 reviews

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!