Message from TripAdvisor:

“really enjoyed the baywatch resort”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
A TripAdvisor Member
“really enjoyed the baywatch resort”
Reviewed July 19, 2005

I was a little worried about my vacation at the bay watch after reading some of the reviews, but i have to say i had a really good time.
Our hotel room was probally the cleanest room i've ever stayed in and i've stay in a lot of the hotel rooms in myrtle beach. I also found no rude people at this resort. Every one was really nice and polite. The maids were very friendly and so was the front desk. I do think they could clean the pools and spas a little better. For the most part i thought it was very nice and will stay again someday.

• Stayed July 2005
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Reviewed July 17, 2005

Having stayed at various locations around the country, we decided to take the family to Myrtle Beach. Some friends told me that the Baywatch looked nice from the outside, but they had never gone inside.
We stayed there 6 nights, the inside is as beautiful as out; multiple swimming pools inside and out, hot tubs abound, indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, large bathrooms with jetted tubs, nice kiddie pools, outdoor bar, FULLY LIGHTED BEACH (lights installed atop the 19th floor make the beach a great plce to relax with the family with late night frisbee throwing), great food served daily, and the location was close to everything (we did the pavilion, family water park, medeival times, etc.) If you stay here, YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Reviewed July 17, 2005

We just stayed at Bay Watch Resort. Everything was wonderful. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, from the people at the front desk down to the maids. Check-in and check-out was fast. The rooms were clean and very nice. The only thing I would ask for would be packs of coffee in the rooms, but there is coffee in the lobby, plus the restaurant.

We had meals in the Blue Room. They have a breakfast buffet or you can order off of the menu. The food was good and Bernice and Kathy were wonderful!! We arrived late at night. The restaurant was still open and Bernice did not hesitate to be sure we were served promptly even though it was almost closing time. There is a smal bar at the pools, which was nice. I understand a bigger bar and entertainment will be there soon.

We could not believe the pools and the River Ride. This is the perfect place for the kids.

We will definitely be back at Bay Watch. You could not ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I don't believe a few of the negative reviews that I just read about Bay Watch Resort. Some of you people need to learn to read.....your rental contract that is! HELLO! Those of you who didn't have clean rooms and towels had probably made your reservations through another rental company other than Patricia Resorts. If you did that, then the Bay Watch staff is not responsible for your housekeeping, furnishing clean towels, etc. Read your rental plan and/or the notices that are on the front desk as you check in!
Every resort in the world is going to have a few problems in the middle of the summer when they are slammed, but there was nothing that we encountered that spoiled our vacation, it was beautiful and we have been to a lot of places. Every resort is going to have one or two employees who may be rude or a slob, but what I read is that the problem was corrected by firing the housekeeper. The staff did its job!
If you have problems with public swimming pools where 300+ people are jumping in with suntan lotions and using them for a quick restroom, then avoid them. Go to the ocean where even more people and more "critters" use it for a restroom. Especially avoid hot tubs...young children shouldn't be in hot tubs anyway! Or, just follow some very simple personal hygiene rules after being in a public swimming pool or hot tub.
People are not supposed to use towels to reserve pool chairs. There are signs around the pool that clearly state this. If peole aren't following the rules then too bad! Move their towels and take the chair. If they complain, tell them to "Read the sign!"
Before you make reservations at a highly populated vacation resort, make sure that you check out the parking facilities....especially if you are bringing very ill or handicapped people. Bay Watch has a beautiful drive- up at the front door. For those who can't walk very far, this is where they should be picked up or dropped off, and the healthy walkers should go get or park the car!
People are usually just as nice to you as you are to them. Also, they can be just as rude to you as you are to them. If you seem to get a lot of rudeness along your way...check out your own attitude!
Only one suggestion for Bay Watch....swim tags! This is a great plus cheap way to avoid having unregistered guests in your swimming pools and hot tubs. As each registered guest checks in they could receive a tag for each person who is with them. (This is also a good way to make sure of the number of people who are in the room.) You could even have a different color tag for each day. On Sunday they have a blue swimming tag, on Monday they drop off their blue tag and pick up a red one, and so on for each day they are there. It would be simple for a pool boy or cabana boy to walk around every so often and quickly check out who has a pool tag and who doesn't! The ones who don't, have to prove that they are a registered guest and they can get one for that day. If they can't prove they are registered, then they have to leave! Problem solved!
I say Good Job, Bay Watch! Don't worry about some of those negative reviews, consider the source. Keep it up! We'll be back!

• Stayed July 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

My sister and I, and both our families, stayed at Bay Watch this summer and we had two very different experiences.
We arrived at the front desk at the same time, my sister's check-in process was simple and hassle free. The desk could not find my reservation- seems in error I had booked through another rental agency that was 6 miles away. That check-in took hours, the cars were wrapped around the way too small rental office.
Anyway..my sister's room was spotless and well taken care of; my looked like it had never had a good cleaning. She had housekeeping service everyday; I found out, too late, that if I wanted the room clean I would have to pay extra ( a lot!)
It seems that you have to be careful who you rent from- you want to rent through the company that runs the hotel!!! Otherwise, you'll end up paying more and won't get the service you expect in a hotel as nice as this.
The kids, ages 16, 12 and 10 year old twins lived on the pool deck and were in one of the 10 or so pools from sun-up to sun-down. They had a ball. Sun, water, hot dogs from the lunch snack shack..what more could a kid want?
As for Mom and Dad, we were happy at the pool bar!!! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner there almost every day. They have a nice on-site restuarant, food was good-service just a little slow, but we watched the dolphins from the window seat and didn't mind.
The whole family will be back

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed July 11, 2005

We chose the Baywatch on based on the AAA guide and reading reviews here on trip advisor - the Baywatch was rated excellent.
We rented a 3 bedroom 2 bath ocean front room. The room was technically basically clean but very worn looking - the walls were nicked and dirty. Iron was broken, 1 bathroom didn't lock...etc.
The hallways were horrible, full of trash and smelled awful. Our room was right by a community trash bin that wasn't emptied for days until we finally called and complained. The elevators even smelled badly.
All the pools, hot tubs & lazy rivers were a strange yellowish/green cloudy color and full of sand although I did see hotel personnel vaccum them just about every day - I still had no desire to get into any of them - we stuck with the beach and the ocean.
Even though I got a great deal on the room - it was still not worth what was paid for it.
I wouldn't stay there again and I would warn my friends and family to stay away from it also.

7 Thank maff_4
Reviewed July 11, 2005

My family of 5 just returned home the beginning of July and I can't believe the reviews I have just read. I was very impressed when I arrived. Although we arrived early at about noon we could not get into our room until 3:00, they did tell me to check back a few times and it was not yet cleaned. When arriving at our room I gave a big sigh of relief the rooms were spotless and the rooms were awesome. One day we returned and the rooms were not cleaned but a call to housekeeping brought a quick response from housekeeping who did a quick vacuum, gave fresh towels and removed our garbage. Maybe my expectations of vacations mishaps differ greatly from others, but my main concern is that I am at a place I feel safe, clean and user friendly. This place qualifies for all.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#13 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!