Message from TripAdvisor:

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Augusta, Georgia
“we love staying here”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

we love staying here because its a nice, clean, big, and family friendly resort. the location is perfect because its off to itself on the end and there is no traffic coming or going. the staff is also very friendly

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stay at the BayWatch 3-4 times a year and it's always a great experience!! The staff is awesome, rooms are great and the location is terrific. We also always have a fun time with Jennifer and her staff at the bar and meet some really great people. We've stayed in various rooms at the resort and they are all great!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
G-ville
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Tons of clean pools, resort lights up beach at night, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, great guest services such as free daily beach towel usage, chair and umbrella rentals, kid games, on site restaurants and bars... It's worth the little extra to go thru resort over one of the cond companies IMO as rooms are cleaner, more updated.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have been staying at Baywatch for almost ten years running now and I have no doubt we'll be staying for ten more. We love the rooms, the pools, the atmosphere, the beach, the bar, food, and restaraunt, the staff, just about everything. We have a great vacation w you guys every year and this year was no different. The only complaints we had this year were minor but still complaints so I always let you guys know because you always seem to appreciate the input , whether good or bad. Not to say our trip wasn't wonderful but just a couple minor things. First, when I originally made reservations the girl who talked to me(who also was fantastic), told me that we were getting a Spring deal beaches I made the reservation in feb I think but that when we arrived to show my AAA card and they would also give me that extra discount to take off the total cost and that turned out not to be the case. She also told me we would be getting three coupons for free breakfast which also turned out not to be the case. Not a huge deal but when your told something you kind of expect it. Second, the entire staff is always courteous and go out of their way to make our stay more pleasant but this year the younger staff handling towels we found to be quite rude at times. Two of us would go up & drop off our used towels and ask for four new ones since there are four of us and they would say you have enough towels already, we're not giving you four and I would explain there were four of us and we were getting towels for all of us and they would respond with give me your room number, I'm marking down not to give you anymore towels and things like that. I understand that every group should get only enough towels for their party but we were treated rudely almost every time we went to get new towels, so much so that my children were afraid to go up and ask for towels(it was two male teenagers mostly) which I find very unacceptable. Even if there are four of us and we wanted an extra towel, which we never asked for , there were plenty of towels available each time and there was no need for the rudeness and attitude . Not a big enough deal of course to make us goto a different hotel for our vacation, but I felt it was very unacceptable. Third , I didn't appreciate the consigliere this year pulling me aside for the free gift and then giving us the spiel about these great discounts on these shows and things and having me fill out forms & such and then at the end after I had signed for and paid for the things then he decides to explain I have to go sit through a three to four hour time share thing. It was very manipulative and the sit down part wasn't explained till after he had taken my credit card. I know it's his job and it isn't necessarily your guys deal but it was very dishonest in my opinion and I didn't appreciate the way he did it and honestly felt tricked about the whole thing and really felt liked my forty dollars was stolen. I realize that's his job and technically he isn't affiliated w Baywatch but he does operate in your lobby. Lastly one bartender in particular was quite rude also in the outside bar. I take pleasure in making sure when we go there to tip at least 5 dollars(most of the time I try to tip them 40%) even if we just order a sprite because I know how hard your staff works and they deserve it. One male bartender in particular was quite rude to us, when we would ask for lids for my kids drinks, he would say, I don't have time jerk off and when I would say I'm going to pay you with a fifty so I can have change to tip you, each time he would give me all ones and say, thanks a lot buddy, I guess you just have to be a jerk to everyone and once he said while my son was beside me to my son(who is only 9), I hope you don't turn out to be a jerk like your dad. The first few times he waited on us I still tipped him way beyond a good tip, like I always do but this was the first year in all our years coming that after a point I quite giving him an overly big tip because he didn't deserve it , quite frankly, he didn't deserve the normal tip I gave him but I hate not to tip. I'm sorry to tell you these issues but you guys always seem to want to know because it may help to make someone else's stay more enjoyable. Nothing that would make us not return but thought you should have the input. Otherwise, a wonderful experience as usual, like I said earlier , except for those few individuals, the staff was exceptional, and I hope they knew it from the extra tips, cleaning staff(who did a great job each day w our room and when I would leave a ten each day for them even were so great to write & leave us nice little notes & thank yous!) front desk , servers, cooks , bartenders, everyone of them top notch. Room was great, pools were great, beach was great, everything wonderful and we can't wait till next year to come again. Please let me know when the best time to reserve our room for next year is and if there are any times better to reserve to get better deals and what not. We probably in years to come will be upgrading to the next size room but for now our room is perfect but I would also like to know how to make sure we get a room with the washer & dryer. I request it each year but sometimes we get it & sometimes we don't & I would like to make sure we get it each time , because it makes a huge difference. We can pack less and love to dry out suits but it's hard when you request it & our told you're getting it & get there and discover they didn't give you a room with them and didn't pack enough so if there is a way to guarantee that please let me know and let me know any deals for next summer. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to tell you the small issues but also to tell you how great we think your resort is and how much fun we have there. You are the only hotel that I recommend to everyone I know and even to those I don't know( trust me when I say that if I hear people talking bout the beach I'm sure to throw in Baywatch. I know for a fact that I have sent sixteen families your way and all now stay there for their beach vacations and that's only the ones I know about,lol!!!) and I stay at a lot of hotels and rarely do I recommend any of them so from me, it's quite a compliment, especially when we won't stay anywhere else when we goto the beach for going on almost ten years and hopefully fifty more as long as you and the staff keep the excellent work up !!! I hope you all have a wonderful season and wish you well and although I understand we are probably just an insignificant family of four to you guys but I can tell you that we never feel that way staying at Baywatch and I hope that you don't feel that way about us. With best regards,
Chris Gebhard & Family
Loyal customers of Baywatch
Now & Hopefully many many
More years to come

1 Thank Louwillsnd
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We decided to take a beach vacation with our grown kids and their families. We had 6 adults and 6 grandkids in our 3-bedroom unit. We had an absolutely wonderful time! Bay Watch personnel couldn't have been more accommodating! We had a few maintenance issues and they responding almost immediately each time. Our grandkids participated in some of the planned activities offered each day. The free admission to the Waterpark in Surfside was an extra bonus we enjoyed. They also had a stand right out on the beach by Bay Watch for banana boat and parasailing, which some of us took advantage of. The weather was beautiful.

We will definitely book again at Bay Watch - thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank Mary B
Middleburg Heights, Ohio
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The good --- room was clean, staff was friendly, pools were clean, great location next to the beach. They have fun things for the kids to do on a daily basis (pool relay races, duck races, tye dye t-shirts, pool volleyball, crafts, etc.) The view from the penthouse was amazing!

The not-so-good --- Communication between different positions at the hotel (front desk had a difficult time communicating with maintenance, bellhops, and housekeeping). I do not recommend going to the buffet in the hotel for breakfast. Service was really slow and the food was not very good. There are many other breakfast places very close to the hotel.

The bad --- Some of the rooms are in a much needed update!

1 Thank abb_23
Hendersonville
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We will definitely be back! We had been staying at another resort on past trips but loved the Bay Watch! We will definately be back! The room was clean and spacious and perfect for our family! The staff was very friendly. There were two restaurants and an outside bar on site. Had a great vacation there and can't wait to go back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!