We rented through a Realtor not directly with the resort and regretted it from day one.
The Bay Watch is an excellent resort ! The pools are nice, the restaurants are good & the front desk staff are friendly(even though they couldn't help us).
The parking garage is easy to get in and out of. I recommend parking in the reservation parking spots to unload when you arrive, then park. The bell hops control the carts and they are quick ! In some resorts you can take a cart which is nice. The down side is some people keep the carts in their rooms and don't return them promptly.
The elevators are very quick !! We were on the 17th floor and never waited more than 20 seconds for an elevator.Most times you pushed up or down and an elevator door opened,this is very rare in resorts !!
The gym is an after thought & needs some TLC !!
The beach and pool are lit up all night with the help of huge roof top flood lights, awesome in my opinion. Families sat on the beach until midnight enjoying themselves, people were swimming or sitting in the hot tub late at night without incident. Great security staff always present in the evening around the pools & pool bar.
Surf fishing in the early hours before 8 am and early evening after 6 pm(assisted by the roof top lighting system ) was great family fun! We didn't catch a thing as we aren't very good fisherman. :(
We will stay at the Bay Watch in the future. We will use the hotel website and pay a little more than going through a realtor , so we have access to front desk services.Getting an answer, even if it isn't what you want to hear is so much better than waiting for days for help.
If you rent through a private owner/ realtor , you do have to wait for help.
Lastly, we had key less entry on the door to our condo & it was awesome !! We were told that all rooms were heading in this direction, hope so ! Never having to worry about demagnetizing your card, forgetting it or worst of all paying for a lost card ruins your fun !
We were in tower 2 , the middle main tower, our ocean front balcony was breath taking, our ocean view(bedroom) balcony had a view of tower 1, look at my tip below & have a great stay !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of North Myrtle Beach with more than 600 feet of pristine beach front, our resort features studio, one-, two-, three bedroom condominiums. This full service retreat offers onsite amenities such as oceanfront restaurant; beach & sports bar; oceanfront conference space; indoor/outdoor pools; lazy rivers; kiddie pools; fitness center; wireless internet and gift shop. We can accommodate groups of any size including: golf, wedding parties, sweet sixteen and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Watch Hotel North Myrtle Beach
- Bay Watch Hotel Oceana
- Bay Watch Myrtle Beach
- Bay Watch Resort Myrtle Beach
- Baywatch Myrtle Beach
- Baywatch Beach Myrtle North Resort
- Baywatch Resort Myrtle Beach