Message from TripAdvisor:

“Why do I like this place so much?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Pigeon Forge
“Why do I like this place so much?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rooms could use some serious updating. Internet connection are rather haphazard. The pillows are rags. We had to go out and buy some. Having said all this, we've stayed here three times. The staff is super friendly and will go out of their way to be helpful. There is a restaurant and indoor and outdoor bars. There is nightly entertainment by one of the pools. Lots of families come here.

Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Overall my family's stay was pretty great. The only complaint we have is the lack of hotel staff at the pool. I'm all for kids having a good time but they were out of control running around the pool area knocking into people, playing tag in the lazy river, hitting people in the face with footballs, etc. It made it hard to relax . We went there 2 years ago and there was a guy working outside keeping things under control. We were disappointed he was there this year.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Sk8823
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was a bit weary when this hotel was booked. I ended up at Bay Watch after Wyndham selected this hotel for me to stay at, while excited to be on the ocean front as such a decent price, I couldn't help but be anxious about what I was in for with this hotel.Prime Location. Close to 1of the Tanger Outlets, Walmart, supermarket...all within a reasonable driving distance. The bellhops were patiently waiting arrivals of patrons-they were readily available. I just didn't like that I HAD to use the bellhop if I wanted to use the cart. Check-in was fine, the agents weren't overly excited, but my agent was nice enough to give me an extra parking pass-for which I was very grateful since my mother was coming in a separate car. This must be unacceptable, because another agent was angry that she had done that for me. Kind of silly...especially if these units hold 8 people, surely all 8 aren't traveling in 1 car.

Parking: At first I thought it was inconvenient, but my husband thought it was prime. Free parking with the garage a few feet away-you can't beat that (according to my husband). I just thought it was inconvenient because if you're bringing in groceries, you have to walk from the garage to the hotel since there isn't an adjoining walk-way from the garage to the hotel. Other than that, it's free and convenient enough. And lik any garage- be careful when driving in them-be sure to use the mirrors that are installed in the garage.

Pools: There are plenty of pools, 7+ (1ft-5ft) for patrons to use. My kids ages 2-5, really enjoyed the pools during our 3 night stay-they couldn't get enough of them! They were clean and well-kept.

I'll be honest, approaching my room, I felt weird....the carpet in the outdoor exterior was old-it didn't smell, but it was old and very worn.

The room had the same carpet- navy blue, old, and worn. The room's carpet and definitely the furniture could stand an upgrade- especially the couch and chair!!! I was scared to sit down. The bathroom was clean upon our arrival as well as the kitchen and other components. The kitchen appliances worked fine. The mattresses on the bed as well as the linen definitely need to be upgraded. The blankets had holes and were very "used." So you might want to bring your own. Oh and if you're in a room that sleeps 8, it doesn't mean it will seat 8!

Hotel Bar: Enjoyed the nightly music until 11pm, but the service at the Fishtails Bar was horrible. My husband and I sat at the bar for about 10 minutes before we were ever approached to order. We left the tab open and anyone that knows service, knows that you make sure you service the open tab customers well. Good service = more drinks= more money= more tips. Obviously, she didn't understand this concept at all, which is why we only got 2 drinks that night, she was tipped, but she shouldn't have been tipped as nicely as we did.

Blue Room= Our last night at the hotel, we ordered from one of the restaurants. Service was prompt. My daughter had the pizza which she said was good, but she's 5-what does she know!? I had the Grilled Jerk Chicken Sandwich which was HEAVILY seasoned with as seasoning that did not taste like Jerk at all. And my husband had a burger which he said was pretty tasty. Overall- try the Blue Room.

After our 1st night I was more at ease...the room was convenient to the beach, clean and affordable with great morning views of the ocean since all rooms are oceanfront.

Middletown, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

North Myrtle Beach is spectacular and the location of this hotel is convenient to shopping, dining, and fun things to do in addition to swimming in the pools and at the beach. We booked a one-bedroom ocean view room and it was very nice. We had two queen beds, a sofa bed, a murphy bed, a balcony, and a kitchen. The room was clean and just what we were looking for, but the halls, elevators and common areas were a bit on the dirty side - dirty glass doors and sand everywhere.
We had some trouble finding the place because the MapQuest directions I printed and my GPS both directed me to Myrtle Beach, not North Myrtle Beach when I typed in the name of the hotel. Apparently this happens all the time and at the hotel it directed me to, guest services gave me a pre-printed set of directions to Bay Watch. I already know you can't just trust your GPS; I guess now I'll have to check my GPS and MapQuest against another site before I leave home.
We also had trouble with our room keys. In the three days we were there we had to go to the desk four times because our room keys did not work. When your room is on the 14th floor that becomes a bit of a hassle.
What about those pools? When you look at photos of the hotel you can see the beautiful pools, but what you can't see is that the chairs are all taken by beach towels. Some chairs had people in them, but most just had beach towels. There is a policy and it is duly noted with ample signage stating that chairs may not be reserved and after 30 minutes your items will be removed so someone else can use the chair, but I guess that's just a warning. I watched from my room on the second and third days there and saw a parade of people go down and put towels on five or six chairs in a row and then leave. We stayed at the hotel for three days and the only place we could find two chairs was at the indoor pool. It was really a disappointment that we absolutely could not sit at the pool. The beach is right there, so on the third day we rented an umbrella and two chairs for $25 and avoided the frustration.
At night there is live entertainment, a guy on a guitar one night, DJs the other two nights. We were there the week after 4th of July and some guests put on a fireworks show. It was nice.
Happy Hour at the two bars offers half-price snacks which could serve as dinner if you want to save a few bucks. They had personal pizzas, mozzarella sticks, fries, onion rings, and more, all for $3 each. Other than during Happy Hour, we did not eat at hotel because there are so many great restaurants nearby. We ate at Martini's Continental Dining and Piano Bar and the food was delicious, but this is really expensive. We used a restaurant.com discount and thoroughly enjoyed this meal which we otherwise really could not afford. We also ate at Molly Darcy's on the Beach where the food was tasty, and sitting right on the beach was perfect. We used another restaurant.com and went to Nick's New York Pub and Grill and we were all delighted. This place has bout 20 different heroes on the menu and the ones we ordered were outstanding. If I return to North Myrtle Beach I will eat there every day!
Overall, we enjoyed ourselves. Would I return to Bay Watch? No. I did not need the kitchen and the pools in the pictures are the reason I booked this hotel, but we could not enjoy them. It may be the same everywhere, and I don't really know how the hotel can fix this problem. Maybe there are just too many people, or too many selfish people. In any case, next time I'll try a different place, maybe smaller is better for me.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful! I saw people on their balconies on the lower floors and it seems they had...
1 Thank GraceM8595
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were extremely happy with Baywatch Resort. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, everything in between was more than expected. The service from everyone there was beyond exceptional. They made us feel like we were the only patrons there. The pools were first class and they had a TON of hot tubs, indoor and outdoor. We stayed in one of their oceanfront 2-bedroom suites, and the room was perfect. Great view, plenty of space for our 4-person family. The only thing that kept me from giving this a 5-star review was the late hour noise. Which, wasn't the hotel's fault, but it did keep us from 100% enjoying our vacation. The noise curfew of the city is 11:00pm, and we have a small 2-year old who goes to sleep at 8pm. Not to mention the exhausted mom and dad who spent all day entertaining that wild-child and just wanted to crash right after he went to bed. The live music and inconsiderate guests kept waking him. So all-in-all, I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I'll most certainly stay here again. Like I said, the downfalls of our trip had nothing to do with the hotel. You'll have obnoxious people to deal with no matter where you go. ;)

Room Tip: I stayed here once during the off-season and we were able to get a corner oceanfront suite in the so...
1 Thank Kelly H
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Really liked how clean everything was The bathroom in our room was clean and spacious.The pool area was well kept, with attendants that made rounds and tidied things up constantly.Very family-centered place. I enjoyed the bell service at check in and check out. The only drawback was the limited handicap parking spaces.

Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We found this hotel last minute and because I insisted on a ocean view and it was the only one left at a decent price. Our initial thoughts of the hotel were uncertain at first. It felt slightly controlling that you had to pay/ tip a bellhop to use the trolley to carry your luggage to your room and even though we had 8 people (3 cars) in our party, you are generally only allotted a parking pass per how many rooms you had (however, the clerk was most kind enough to give us an extra one). Tip: it was worth it to pay for the valet. Once we were in the room it appeared that the appliances were neglected as the sink leaked when used and the coffee maker malfunctioned and leaked all over the counter and floor. The most disheartening part was when it was discovered that there were a few bugs in the room. To be fair: I understand that it had been raining a ridiculous amount for weeks and that not all rooms and hotels are perfect and all have their flaws. Once this was brought to the attention of the hotel management, they responded and accommodated accordingly and most graciously. After that, it was a much more pleasant stay. The new room was wonderful! It was clean and the only minor problems were the outlets in the kitchen, as they did not appear to be working properly and the remote in one of the rooms did not work. The staff was nice and helpful. It felt like there was plenty of space between all of the pools and the 2 lazy rivers for all of the guests, and it did not feel overcrowded. Especially since it was the middle of the summer (the most busy time for a place like this). The icing on the cake was the free pass to the water park! We had a great time and even though we did not use it, the shuttle bus to the park was most convenient. This was a pleasant/surprising find at the last minute. We will definitely consider staying here again on our next vacation to North Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: The ocean front views are so relaxing, and it was much more pleasant and spacious in the 2 bedroom s...
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 54 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,982 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#2 of 54 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 54 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 2,180 reviews

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!