Message from TripAdvisor:

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Davidson, NC
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My friends and I enjoyed our stay. There was a concern about a couple packs of cigarettes that went missing from my friend. She had them on the nightstand when we left and they were gone when we got back. We all searched the room up and down and they were never found. We didn't want to accuse anyone, but my friend knows that she left them on the nightstand. That was kind of upsetting to her, seeing as how the price of cigarettes aren't cheap there. She wasn't smoking in the room and left the property everytime she smoked, she was doing what she was suppose to do, only to have her stuff disappear. Aside from that, everything was very nice. The staff was friendly, with the exception of the woman that checked me in (but I don't remember her name). But everyone else was friendly and helpful when we had questions. The room was nice and the view was beautiful. If I do the Divas race again, I will definitely stay there..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Lithonia, Georgia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a two bedroom suite which included two baths one with jacuzzi tub and washer dryer and small kitchen area. The suite was large and spacious with an ocean view. Not a Hilton decor but nice. We did seem to have some sort of electrical issue going on as the lights would sometimes go out and then you had to flip the switch to get it back on. My kids loved the pool area and housekeeping did great. I loved the ocean view balcony. I did wish it was closer to the race course since it was the Host hotel. I had to have my kids walk a few blocks so they could see me race. Wifi was not strong enough for the size of the hotel. Breakfast was good. I also like that they gave us a late checkout so we could come back and shower. Overall it was a great hotel for the price. They do need to update the beds though. They were hard and had small, flat pillows and were only doubles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Durham
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friends and I ran the Divas' Half Marathon, Myrtle Beach SC. The divas website suggested the Bay Watch Resort as their official resort. We stayed in room 908- 909.
1. When we checked in, we asked them about the breakfast tickets. They told us the breakfast was at 6:30 am, but we had to be at the start line at that time. We asked them if were possible to serve the breakfast before 6:30 am and they said that it was impossible.
2. We asked them about the shuttle to get to the start line. They did not have idea about the buses, parking areas or schedules.
3. In the "Post Race Pool Party" they did not provide chairs or tables in the area. We had to try to eat the best we could and not place to hold our drinks.
4. The indoor Jacuzzi did not work. We went to the front desk to report the issue and they said somebody would be there shortly. They never arrived to fix the problem.
5. Our room phone did not work. We tried to call the receptionist, she/he answered the phone and they did not could hear us. Instead of calling us back to check us out, they just ignore us.

Lexington
Reviewed April 29, 2013

WI-FI barely worked; hotel was not clean as I still don't know what the reddish brown stuff was down the door frame of our bathroom. I am scared anytime sheets and or mattresses have been labeled with the room number on them. The shower didn't work, maintenance fixed it so that the show button had to stay up. The 3-BR was outdated as for the decor and there was a stale smell in the room. Wouldn't ever stay here again, host hotel or not. Didn't receive breakfast tickets and parking was ridiculous.

Room Tip: Tip to help choose a good room - pick a different hotel
3 Thank T L
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I chose the resort as I needed a place to stay for the race weekend.

Room was very nice and clean. I loved the fact that it was very close to the beach.

I will be doing the race again next year and am going to book a place at the Bay Watch!

Room Tip: Be sure you get a room with a view to the beach. It is worth it!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We came for our Honeymoon and we really enjoyed our stay and the Resort itself. Everything was clean and up to par for us. Housekeeping ladies were very nice, esp the lady from Jamaica..unfortunately I dont remember her name but she was very friendly and polite and did a good job at cleaning our room. We did forget to get our welcome package that we were told about, whatever it was we were receiving..OOOPS!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Easley, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Your facility was very nice and easy to access the beach and pool. Your wait staff in the Blue Cafe needs a little pep talk about customer service and nice tones of voice. I didn't like the fact that we had to come to the front desk in order to get towels for the pool and hot tub, it was inconvenient and should be closer to the pools or in the rooms to start with. The room was very nice, the only thing I would suggest is vacumning the floors before another guest arrives, ours looked like it was still full of whatever was there before us, strings, lint, hair, etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!