“Adequate”

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in N. Myrtle Beach & Myrtle Beach. While the rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly and professional, I had a few major issues. The first being that we satyed in Tower 1 which is a 2 to 21/2 block walk to the parking garage, what an inconvenience. Second, the WIFI was awful if not non existent. I was trying to work while in Myrtle Beach and was not able to do so while in the hotel. That was a big negative. When we arrived at 8:00pm on Wednesday night, I could not find luggage carts or bellman, so after 3 trips from the loading area to the room we were all unloaded. Another strange issue was there was not a "do not disturb" door hanger. So we had housekeeping the entire time we were there-even though we did not need or want it.
It is not a bad place, just maybe too big. Overallm it was clean but could use some updating.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are obviously away from the noise on the beach. Also, Tower 1 is 2 blocks from the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,328)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff of this hotel is neither courteous nor friendly. I had to call housekeeping everyday to fix what they did not do. They never left enough towels, didn't leave sugar and coffee one day, did not vacuum all week, nor did they clean out the sinks. When I called to ask for more towels since two towels isn't enough for six people, the staff acted as if I was inconveniencing them. The pools were closed down two different days during the peak of swimming to fix light bulbs. No change machine in the laundry room which means you need to go to the main tower for change. I have never wanted to leave the beach until this hotel experience.

5  Thank 34angelaw
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I brought my three kids here for spring break. The lobbies and general facility was a little more dingy than I was expecting, but the suite itself (we had a two bedroom) was very clean and bright. The view was great. Nice to be right on the water. We were there on a VERY cold week, so normal beach activities were out. My kids enjoyed the indoor pool, but it was extremely chlorinated and steamy in the room.

The second night we were there our neighbors decided to put in hardwood floors at 1:00 a.m. (are there private owners at this resort?) At any rate, we could hear EVERYTHING.

Personally, I will not stay here again, but for the price I'd say we still got a good deal. Next time I'd spring more money for a nicer place with more privacy.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The check-in was fast and very friendly! Everything was in order and I was given my room keys in less than 5 minutes! My room was large with everything you need! It was very clean with a great view of the ocean! In the morning at 10 a.m. there was a knock on my door- room service- I did not require any, I signed a silp of paper and was not bothered again! My stay was amazing! I will certainly be back later this year! The only negative was no real fault of the hotel- the parking garage had some people take 2 places! This caused me to continue to find an open spot- while there were plenty of spaces on the higher levels, if people were more considerate, this would not be needed! Perhaps the hotel could come up with a fine or add a charge for the rude people that feel their vehicle is simply better than everyone else!!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view- beautiful in the morning!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here on a marketing promotion by Wyndham Vacation Resorts. The room was small. In fact, the bathroom was almost larger than the sleeping area. The check in staff were not really helpful when we asked questions. We found out the room (16th floor, North tower) didn't have a microwaveable dish in the room and wanted to see if they had any available, they didn't. So we asked if there were any places near by we could buy such a dish. They were unable to tell us where to go. Our view from the room was of the wall of the next (central tower) building. To see the ocean and the beach, you had to lean out off your balcony to see anything. The hallways and elevators were dirty. The only carts available to unload your luggage and carry to the room were for the valet service. This place and the Wyndham Vacation Resorts will not be a part of my "bucket list"...of places to come back to.

2  Thank Larry G
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Overall we liked the hotel a lot but there were a few problems that will make us look for a different hotel next time.
We were in the middle tower, floor 10 and the wifi and cell service was horrible. Couldn't even text between rooms.
The beds in our room were very uncomfortable and falling apart. The pillows were so big we all had neck aches.
Other than that the hotel was great. Tons of pools and the beach is beautiful. We also liked the huge lights on the beach and surf at night.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The kids enjoyed the indoor pools as it was cold outside. No problems with the room or parking or wait time on the elevators. Bellboys were very helpful and friendly. I would stay here again, because it was clean, nice amenities, and totally hassle free.