Message from TripAdvisor:

Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Denver, Colorado
“Golf in MB”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great place to spend a golf week. Will be back for a third year next year!!! Breakfast in the restaurant was good each day and included in our package. We enjoyed the bar in the south tower for football on Sunday and Monday nights. The staff was great and very helpful.

Room Tip: The layout of room 1613 was great, plenty of room for a week. The higher the better for the great v...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Booked our reservation through Oceana Resorts. Talked with a gentleman named Lee. He was very helpful and even matched the prices i was looking at on Bookit and Hotels .com. When we arrived on 10/10/12, our room was exactly as he had explained. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The resort is right on the beach and only a few steps down the boardwalk to the ocean. This was a 4 day trip with our oldest son, who had not got to go with us on a trip in awhile, so it was very nice. We liked the fact that this resort is on the North end of Myrtle Beach away from a lot of the noise and bustle of the boardwalk. We have gone to Panama City Beach in Florida most of our life, and this was our second trip to Myrtle Beach. We will be Back again! Only thing i would suggest is to have more luggage carts available to move luggage up to the rooms. Had to make 2 trips up and down the elevator each time to load and unload our luggage. The 2 gentlemen that were at the front lobby entrance were not very friendly when i asked about using the only 2 luggage carts i saw with them. They told me they had to stay with the carts and they would be happy to help if i called the front desk! Everyone else we came in contact with was nice and helpful! Our room was cleaned while we were there and we even got clean towels without even having to ask. Inside lazy river was a little dirty and was closed as far as i could tell while we were there. Overall, a great stay and we would definitely stay here again. Thank you for a great time!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a place to unwind the week following our daughter's wedding. We made our reservations on line with an Oceana Resorts specials who was thorough and knowledgeable regarding their varios properties. We booked Bay Watch as it wa apecific to our needs and desires and we got a great rate which included a fabulous breakfast buffet. Our trip was perfect. We cant wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jimzwife2
Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was average, fitness center dirty and unwelcoming, so I did not use it. Breakfasts at their Restaurant were reasonable and food good, both buffet or non buffet options. One maid was a bit lazy, when I told her I didn't need full service that day, just linens. She just threw the towels on the sink, and did not arrange them on the towel racks. A lot of surfaces were sticky in the room I was in. Bought wet wipes. Was there for business project, so did not have time to hit the Pool and Hot tub/Lazy River, but they looked fine. When my TV was displaying snow, maintenance was timely, and fixed it. Wifi worked great . Though the manager was very efficient, the staff itself lacked in "awareness." One of them mistakenly gave another guest my room number and room key, and suddenly a woman, that was not a maid, just walked into my room. I was relaxing on the bed, and then I was screaming. Talk about a pretty big mistake !! I had to call and tell them to cancel my keys, and re-key em. Imagine if i was not there, computer electronics and personal stuff in full view ! A good thing the bellman came with the keys. Bellmen were nice. I think the resort is affordable, and also gives you a rewards card for local restaurants, etc. But, I consider the room average, and like I said there were some glitches. Giving another guest my room key takes the prize, for worst hotel errors. And I have stayed at many hotels. If it was not for that key and security breach, I would have scored service at average. There are definite pluses on this property, but inconsistency in the quality of service. Though it is listed as three star, I found the standard here to be a bit relaxed. If you are looking for a value, then it is not bad on that front. So, if minding a budget with a family, maybe give it a shot. As I was there for a business project, and not being able to print , that put a crimp in the business center amenity.

Room Tip: Studios do not have oceanfront view, but one bedroom and up do.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I selected the room because of the low price so you get what you pay for.
The GOOD:
The view was wonderful. I visited in October and the pools were heated, which was great.
The BAD:
The room had an awful chemical smell that affected my sinuses. The hotel did put an ozone cleaning machine in my room for about an hour which did help. They allow pets which I was not aware of. Parking was across the street or you can pay $8.00 a day for valet parking.
The UGLY:
The room was not thoroughly cleaned. There were a couple of dead bugs, dirty walls, a dirty couch and dirty balcony chairs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center.

All of your comments have been noted and will be addressed with the appropriate parties. We are indeed pet friendly in some of our rooms, but not all. And, we do take the cleanliness of our properties very seriously so we thank you for your feedback.

We do hope you'll visit with us again very soon and allow us to provide you with an even better experience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our stay was perfect except for one thing. All the beds were extremely hard, not lumpy, but uncomfortably hard. Views were great as well as the hotel staff. Everything was very clean and neat. Will definitely visit again; hopefully with a more comfortable bed! :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Stuarts Draft
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I look for pet friendly locations when visiting MB. Nice ones are hard to find.
Was really impressed with facilities and staff. Only wish there was a better area for pottying pet. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Facility was well maintained. I wish they would consider having pets stay all year not just Oct. - March. Thanks for hospitality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,182 reviews
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,578 reviews

Been to Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!