“Wouldn't stay again” 3 of 5 bubbles

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Sands a Festiva Resort
Ranked #49 of 53 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Buxton, ME
“Wouldn't stay again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Though the location is nice, and easy to navigate to other places like the store and restaurants, the apartment itself had some issues. The first night we arrived the sheets in one of our rooms was dirty, and had somebody else's hair in it. To top it off there was a dead fly of some sort further down the bed. There was hair in the shower as well. We tried to call the front desk around 9pm only to be told they closed at 8. The "help" book in the room says they're open until 11pm. We had to find out by calling about their winter hours. They were polite the next morning when we were able to talk to someone and they asked us when would be best to fix the problem. It was corrected by the time we came back. The nights were beautiful the beginning of the week but we couldn't open anything but the window near the bathroom because there were no screens. The parking was horrible because every time you pulled out of the spots the car bottoms out, regardless how slow you go. It is also a pain in the neck to have to go a little over a mile down the road to check in and to use the gym.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jsmurray85
POC MANAGEMENT ., Front Office Manager at The Sands a Festiva Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
On behalf of the Management team, we sincerely apologize about the experience you had during your stay at The Sands. We are diligently working to resolve the issues that were mentioned. We thank you for staying with us and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I reserved a 1 BR condo at the Sands in NMB and ended up being the only person on the property for both nights I was there! No other guests, no staff, no nobody! It was unusual to say the least.

I booked the stay through Kayak - the rate was REALLY good, The unit itself was very clean and pleasant, if not a little bit dated. I didn't really care for the unit's layout, with the bath not connected to the bedroom, or the tile floors in the living/dinig/kitchen (I would have preferred more carpet, as there was in the bedroom). The bath itself was also very small. Other than that, the supplies and furnishings provided - including a full range of toiletries - was nice, as were the two flat screen tv's, one of which also had a built in DVD player.

Checkin was pleasant, albeit I had to check in at the Peppertree Ocean Club 20 blocks away. I'm not sure what would have happened had I needed help with anything from staff, when I checked out in the morning it took me almost two hours to raise anyone by phone at the front desk, to let them know that the only soul on the property had left.

The location is good - across the street from the beach in a great part of North Myrtle Beach. There is a great rooftop pation with a partial view of the water, and a nice enough outdoor pool. I believe this would be a great place to stay in the summer time, even though it is not directly oceanfront. It was an okay place to stay in the dead of winter, though I'm still wondering why Festiva - the property management firm - would have just one unit occupied, rather than change my reservation to the Peppertree Ocean Clun property with which this property is partnered.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joe G
Greer, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

What a pleasant surprise to find a super clean, well decorted, cute-as-a-button, one bedroom with full kitchen 1/2 block off the beach! I was traveling alone and stayed 5 nights at this motel because I wanted a really economical stay within walking distance to the beach. Front desk (Lindsey) was more than accommodating when my Hotels.com reservation was never communicated to them (Hotels.com verified the problems on their end.) Quiet, safe area. I was in unit 2E, second floor. There was an outside pool I never used (not heated). Coin laundry on main level. Ample linens and supplies that you could replace with the day-time attendant any time. Literally walk across a parking lot to the beach, or 3 blocks to Main Street in North Myrtle where there about 4-5 restaurants and a couple bars, including Fat Haroldt's famous for Shag Music and dancing. Also some beach stores. I would stay here again in a heartbeat if I wanted to be in North Myrtle Beach. Not much going on there, however. Good beach bike rental place where I rented a bike for two hours--rode on the beach to the pier, had a drink, and rode back. Would definitely not recommend The Sands if you have kids--space is too confining. Have to check in a couple miles North at the Peppertree--no problem. Includes free Wi-Fi. Large balcony overlooks Ocean Dr. Tables with Umbrellas and smoking allowed only there. You won't be disappointed with this stay.

Room Tip: The "A" suite on the second floor opens to a large balcony with umbrella tables that hardl...