“Shagger week” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Utica, New York
“Shagger week”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

4 adults, 3 20 yr old boys stayed in the penthouse suite (on roof) for a week. I was impressed with the private wood deck we had. It came with table chairs, lounge chairs and a jacuzzi. I mean some stuff was looking a bit used but it all worked. When the boys were on the deck late at night with music loud we couldn't hear a thing inside. It was a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom suite. Master, Queen and two singles rooms. All with flat screen TVs, plus one in the livingroom. Kitchen had stainless steel appliances, tile floor, granite countertops, dishwasher. 6 person table and bar stools at the island. Very roomy. Beach was quiet which was nice. Hotel pool/jacuzzi was clean. Many chairs and tables. They had a Tiki bar with Drinks/snacks. The boys used often. Many bars, stores, restaurants were in walking distance. Broadway at the beach was about a halfhour drive. My only complaint was they only had 2 of the elevator keys you need to access the roof. If you have a large group you have to figure out who has what key and how your going to get back in if your not all together. We worked it out by leaving the keys with the front desk for others to pick up when coming or going. Also if your going during Shagger week don't bring young adults to North Myrtle Beach. Cause most people are 50+ which made it hard for them to find people their own age. All and all it was perfect weather and we had a wonderful time. Would use this resort again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mm2114

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Marshville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very quiet beach setting, but not far from resturants, shopping and local attractions. Located on a less traffic congested street, but plenty to do and see! Oceanfront and clean. Extremly nice employees. We have visited here several times and have never had any problems or issues. WiFi. Very satisifed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank CrusintheUSA
Gayeleen U, Manager at Maritime Beach Club, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to say such great things about our resort! We appreciate our guests and hope that everyone has an enjoyable vacation when they stay at our resort.
Bluffton, Sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Directly on the beach in No. Myrtle Beach. Nicely, brightly decorated 2-bedrm w/ full kitchen. Very roomy and homey. Very nice general manager. Only .3 from Main Street: fun places to go: Deckerz (small w/ lots of locals and decent bar food), Flynn's Irish Tavern (fabulous shepherd's pie and rated #1 on tripadvisor), Fat Harold's (the famous shag dance club), Duck's (live bands for shag dancing), and Pirate Saloon (fabulous for breakfast). Not too far from Little River (Captain Poo's & Key West Crazy). Desk people were saying the Jan-Feb rate for a 1-bedrm or studio was $40!! Beds are close to the walls.

Room Tip: All are ocean front, I think. I think that northern rooms might be noisy when seasonal beach bar is...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank laffininbl
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here over the MLK weekend. 2 bedroom with 3 nice new flat screens. You can look down on the ocean from the bed in the front bedroom. Very nice wide beach even at high tide. New everything throughout condo. No complaints. Great location

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Berk H
mack warren
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Friendly staff, lovely view, clean, well maintained. We enjoyed our time away listening to the surf and watching the birds. The beach is very clean and natural. We own a week in October but negotiated for November.

Room Tip: Studio nice for a couple.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mack243
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went through RCI for our “Platinum” exchange. What a disaster. This place was filthy! I would have taken my daughter and checked into a hotel the very 1st night, but nothing was available. I have stayed in older places on the beach before. But this was the worst. We were told by RCI that we would automatically get an upgraded unit at check-in. The 2 ladies at the front desk explained that wasn’t the case. As there is only one RCI unit. The 1 bedroom that sleeps four-I didn’t unfold the sleeper sofa, and put our beach towels on the dirty sofa to sit. When we got to the unit it was hot and stuffy. The ac unit in the bedroom had the front piece sitting on the floor and wouldn't turn on. I had to call maintenance to fix it. I was leery of using the refrig as is wasn’t cold & set on the highest setting.(see attached photos) The 2nd night, the living room ac started blowing hot air, and the tank in the toilet wasn’t filling & wouldn’t flush. I even took the lid off the blender to fill with water to flush the toilet. The blender had mold in the bottom of it. I wish I had a picture of that, but didn’t think of that in the middle of the night. I immediately called the front desk around 7:45 that morning. The woman that answers said “those silly owners, sometimes they turn the water off”. I explained that we had already been there 1 night, she just kept talking; said she would send someone up. 2 ½ hours later we checked out. WHAT a NIGHTMARE – she could have cared less, even when I explained that we were checking out 5 days early and had waited 2 ½ hours to have the toilet fixed.
I read the previous reviews but thought that it really couldn't be all that bad. It was! If I was an owner of one of these units I would be furious. THEY NEED UPDATED!!!!! What a waste of money!

Room Tip: Photos of the dirty moldy drapes and the sticky mess inside the blender. The microwave was clean, b...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank wrknmomnfl

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

blue hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had low expectations due to some previous reviews, and were pleasantly surprised! Every room has a straight on ocean view. We had a two bedroom unit so we had two balconies, one off the living room with room for two chairs and a side table and the one off the master bedroom was just big enough to stand on.
Upon check in I asked if our room was refurbished, the front desk lady said it was not and she didn't have any available to move me to. She did give me the option of calling interval international to see if they were able to, but I declined. So I had VERY low expectations when we arrived at our unit.
When we walked in I was sure she had been mistaken everything looked great! White cabinets (newer looking) granite countertops, white appliances that were not out dated. Flat screen tv's in the living room and Masterbed room. Beach/cottage themed furniture throughout, it was not high end furnishings by any means, but it was current, clean & undamaged. There were four of us (My husband and I and our two daughters 8&11). The space in the unit was fine for us for the week. We had initially planned on bringing my father and his wife as well, but they were unable to join us, it is just as well as the space would have been too tight for the 6 of us even though it was a sleep 6 unit. In my opinion 2 adults and two older children or 2 adults and four younger children would be the max. for the space. The two bedrooms had one double bed each (Our Mastebedroom was SUPPOSED to have a king, this was a big dissapointment and if I had paid alot for the unit I would have complained, but we got our week during our kids school april vacation for cheap! So we made do.) and there is a queen size sleeper sofa in the living room.
This is not an over the top resort typical of this area. This is a very simple understated resort with everything we wanted in a vacation rental. A pool (heated and ocean side, not in the shade until 4:30-5ish!), hot tub(VERY hot and in a seperate area from the pool). kids pool (small no frills and unheated) small tiki bar, served food and drinks (open lunch -early evening everyday we were there) bean bag games, horseshoes and shuffle board oceanside and next to the tiki bar and an exercise room (small, not used much and slightly outdated equipment-broken stationary bike, plus you have to exchange your room key for the exercise room key everytime you want to use it) small computer room, kept locked, needed to ask front desk for key everytime. There is a notice in the room that you will be charged for computer use over ten minutes, but they didn't appear to inforce it. They also advertised a game room, but that was closed, appeared to be doing something to change the room over. There was a ping pong table in a room off to the side of the front desk.The resort is very compact so you don't have to walk far to get to all the amentities, everything is at your fingertips.
The front desk was very helpful whenever we inquired about things, but they weren't openly or overly friendly (they didn't greet us when passing by or entering the lobby.) The maintenance crew however were all very friendly and kind.

Good things: All amenities were within easy access and they opened them early and closed them late. Room was pleasant and updated. Beautiful view and lots of good breeze through the balcony doors. Two balconies! Beach front!! The exterior has been repainted and is tan and burgandy (not pink and blue as shown). Informative at the front desk, friendly maintenance crew. Local vendors selling wares in the lobby (jewelry, hand bags, soaps, etc) on selected days, you could walk right by or browse without pressure, nice. 4-5 blocks to a couple places to eat, a bar or two and a few shops. Felt safe, there was ALWAYS at least one person at the front desk, usually two. Plenty of parking. BEACH FRONT!!
Downside: Double bed in the master. Small "closets" no doors. Bedrooms were on the small side. Master bathroom was very small, no tub but the shower was awesome (looked small, but had a great bench and had plenty of room). Might I suggest a shower curtain that lets light in. it was pretty dark with no overhead light. No washer dryer in the room. Towel exchange only 1x per week!
I would definately recommend this to someone who is not overly uptight or pretentious, and who wants to enjoy their family at a safe, simple & comfortable beachfront location!

Room Tip: foors 2-3 probably can't see the beach, due to the dunes. And overlook the pool, very closely. B...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family