“Indoor option helps”

Molten Mountain Indoor Miniature Golf
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Good concept.
Wish they had more animation, etc., indoor.
The outside pond has some cool looking fish.
We truly appreciated the indoor option, as it was hot outside.
Staff was very courteous.
Wish the indoor course was a bit more challenging though.

1  Thank luv2trava
All reviews
"rainy day"
in 15 reviews
"outdoor courses"
in 8 reviews
"nice break from the sun"
"super hot day"
"north myrtle"
"lava"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Pros: Inexpensive, pleasant associate at front desk, cooler than being outside at noon, course plaques are humorous but still appropriate for little eyes.

Cons: Wonky smell. I suspect there was some water damage at one time. Have to wait quite some time if a large group is in front of you (but that's true at all courses).

1  Thank MeInFL
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We bought the all day pass, which was 10.50 with a coupon we found online, and had a great time playing both courses twice. Went early in the day, took a break for lunch and came back for two more rounds. Found the place to be very clean and staff was friendly. I noticed air fresheners kept the indoors smelling very nice, so the later review about smells seems outdated.

1  Thank Car0linaGirl
Reviewed May 4, 2013

When you’re visiting Myrtle Beach in the summer, it’s just plain hot. That’s usually okay when you’re on the beach and the wind is strong, but it can be downright miserable when buildings around you block the wind. Luckily, this place is an indoor mini-golf course: that fact alone made it one of my family’s favorites for years.

Don’t expect much in the way of scenery. You’re in a volcano, so there are “rocks” everywhere, along with a few huts and other decorations. The reason why you’re here is to golf. The course is relatively challenging compared to some of the others at Myrtle Beach. Be careful: a few holes feature water flowing through them, and you don’t want to lose your balls in the streams.

At the end of the course, you drop your balls off in a machine where you might win prizes, such as a discount for your next time playing.

It’s a nice, cool course, even if there’s not much to see.

2  Thank AmuRima
See more reviews
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I went here with my two kids to the indoor course and we couldn't get through the first 3 holes without leaving. The indoor course had absolutely no air circulation and the place smelled like cat litter. My son went with a fairly bad cold and a very stuffy nose and could smell it.
I swear, my cats would have had a better time there then my family and I. Although, the employees there were kind and I successfully got my money back. Indoor course certainly not recommended.