“Was good for us!”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

From reading all the reviews on here it sounds like this restaurant is hit or miss - some love it, some don't. We went for the first time on our honeymoon a year ago and enjoyed it, so we returned this year with family and enjoyed it again. I had their gyro platter - it was delicious. My mother's side of the family is Greek so we tried some Greek appetizers - they were good. We also tried bruschetta - also good. My husband had eggplant parm last year and this year and enjoyed it. Not sure what happened that others are disappointed - that's too bad, because we found our experience to be enjoyful.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was our first time to Dino's and won't be our last! The food was delicious and prepared just the way we asked. The decor is beautiful and well kept. Our server Sara was excellent and very professional. She catered to all our needs and provided excellent service. Great job Dinos!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I've never written a bad review, generally don't feel good about doing so...
Went to a concert this week at HOB and stopped here before for dinner. Usually we don't go to tourist type restaurants or chains, but saw this place at Barefoot and thought it sounded like it might be okay and didn't look like a chain. The fact that it wasn't busy and everywhere else should have been a clue, but we were didn't feel like going on a wait to eat. We were seated right away and the place was beautiful! Looks like a new, modern, hip spot. The menu was not ambitious and entrees were between $12-$25. We waited for ever for drinks, martinis were tiny and we ran out of water often. We ordered salads, pizza, a gyro and grouper. We waited forever for the food and when it finally came it did not look or taste appetizing. I wish we would have sent it back or left but we don't do that. Everything looked frozen, including the meat on the gyro, the pizza and the fish, which looked like popcorn chicken from KFC. Greasy, soggy, not fresh, over salted and frozen just about says it all. Our bill was close to $90 w/o tip and I would have rather eaten the hotdogs the were serving at HOB. I was hoping that this was a family-ran restaurant w/ homemade authentic food; I was wrong. I hate to see a restaurant fail especially when it seems like they put a lot of $ and effort into making it. I hope the owners will change the menu and food to reflect the atmosphere and prices and succeed. As for us we will cross this place of the list

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were seated immediately. The restaurant was fairly empty as we arrived at about 8:00 pm, and we just assumed that it was after the dinner rush. We waited about 15-20 minutes without even an acknowledgement from any staff member...no water, nothing. We watched the waiter (?) who seated us return to the table in front of us at least 3 times and also watched him wait on another table of people seated about the same time we were with not even a glance in our direction. Since there are many other restaurants at Barefoot Landing, we got up and left. My niece explained to one of the wait staff why we were leaving and she looked very confused but did not try to stop us from going. We went somewhere else, had great service and wonderful food. Your loss, Dino.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We regularly vacation in Myrtle Beach and this year decided to give Dino's a try since the majority of our party is Greek. We should have paid a little more attention to the little blurb about the restaurant we found before dinner - the chef is supposedly from Greece, yet his name is Luigi? Hmm... first red flag.

Second red flag - we walk into the restaurant during prime dinner rush, it is practically empty. Yet all the other popular restaurants at Barefoot Landing (Joe's Crab Shack, Flying Fish, Greg Norman's Australian Grille and T-Bonz) are mobbed with long waiting times.

Third red flag - atrocious spelling errors abound in the menu. Dino's claims to be a Greek and Italian restaurant. Yet, they can't even spell their own dishes correctly. I wanted to take a red marker and mark up the menu since it was so bad.

Fourth red flag - the majority of our party split a variety of Greek appetizers for the meal while I ordered an Italian dish (chicken parmigiana). The waiter wasn't even familiar with the names of the Greek appetizers and had to be shown the names. Granted, he did say it was his second day at the restaurant. However, that only showed that the restaurant didn't even bother to show its waitstaff its menu and get them familiar with it.

Fifth red flag - The food was abominable! The cheese pita appetizer wasn't even cooked - it was stone cold! And it wouldn't even have passed for a real cheese pita in Greece or in our households as it wasn't made with feta. One of the appetizer platters was supposed to have a variety of items on it (e.g. lobster) but when it came out, the lobster was not there. When asked why the lobster was not there, the manager stated that the menu had changed and it was no longer offered. Yet, the restaurant had never updated the menu or offered a substitution in its place. But one would still be paying the inflated price for a platter that didn't serve lobster.... The rest of the appetizer items were hit or miss, mostly being a "miss." As for the Italian dish - one would think you can't mess that up, right? Well - sure enough you can! The cheese was not melted properly so when I cut into my chicken (which was overcooked), the cheese promptly slid off in one thick congealed slice. I lost my appetite after one bite. The accompanying spaghetti was overcooked and the sauce was tasteless.

Sixth red flag - When our dining party alerted the waiter to the unsatisfactory food, he promptly got the manager who waved away our concerns about the lobster-less platter with his explanation that the menu had been changed with respect to that particular platter but had not been updated accordingly. He was not receptive or willing to listen to our concerns about the rest of the food in general. He did say that they would offer 20% off the bill for our inconvenience. After a replacement cheese pita dish was brought out (hot this time) and found to be just as unsatisfactory because it was tasteless and not even close to the real thing, we asked to see the manager again. After explaining to the manager why we were dissatisfied with the meal overall, we asked to see the owner. The manager never got the owner for us as he kept avoiding the issue and leaving us. We did find out from the waiter that the owner was on-site and just didn't want to deal with us. Eventually, the manager came back to us and said that they would take 50% off our bill.

The only positive we had from this visit was the waiter himself, he was very nice, responsive and pleasant. The management and cooking at this restaurant leaves a lot to be desired and I will never return and will tell my family and friends not to eat here as it was not worth the time, money or aggravation in dealing with the management.

This is one restaurant that I think will be shut down when we return to Barefoot Landing next summer.