“Fun Place To Dine”

Handley's Pub and Grub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fun Place To Dine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend, our 2 sons & my son's girlfriend. We came during happy hour, and sat ourselves in the outdoor section (it was too loud inside). We had a nice waitress, who took care of us. The chairs outside were wrought iron mesh, so most of them had cushions on them (but not thick enough for comfort). I ordered the yorkshire pudding, my boyfriend ordered the shepard's pie, both were good, but not great. I had vegetables as a side & I like butter on my veggies, so I asked the waitress for some butter so she tried to find some for me & she came back saying they didn't have butter, but I could get the liquid margarine (which I tried, but didn't like). My son & his girlfriend both had some kind of chicken wraps, which they both loved. My boyfriend's son had a prime rib sandwich, which looked better than all of ours & the portion was a nice size...he couldn't finish it, so his dad finished it, he said it needed to be seasoned more. As for the prices, they were fair, the happy hour drink special was $3.00 margharitas, made in a rocks glass & not enough salt (I asked for more salt on the 2nd one, but it still wasn't enough. The kids all had a great time as team trivia was just getting started when we sat down, that kept them at the table for a while, until the 10 year old spotted the corn hole-ing game outside (in the rain - LOL), that interested the teenagers, so it was just my boyfriend & I sharing a nice evening of "competitive braining" together. we made it through 4 1/2 out of 6 rounds before we had to leave. The trivia was the best part of the evening for us & the kids loved the corn hole-ing in the light rain.

• Visited October 2011

Raleigh, NC
“You know it's good when you find the locals there!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

I have been to Handley's Pub and Grub the past two years while vacationing at Myrtle Beach. It is a casual, comfortable place that appeals to both vacationers and people who live in the area.

The inside is a sports bar atmosphere, with a bar, multiple TVs showing sporting events, a pool table, etc. and looks like it would be a fun place to hang out. However, I have sat on the covered porch the two times I've eaten there. It is huge, and there are ceiling fans in the summer and (I understand) heaters in the non-summer months. It is very comfortable! This visit, there were also several people in the yard just off the patio playing corn-hole. They host special events on the patio on certain nights of the week, such as Team Trivia and Team Bingo, which makes for a fun atmosphere. Check their website before you go for details.

The menu is varied, including appetizers, a wide variety of salads, sandwiches and burgers, more extensive entrees, side dishes, and desserts. I have stuck with burgers and salads on my visits, and thoroughly enjoyed them. One of my family members had the chicken quesadillas this time, and they also looked terrific. Considering you are in a vacation area, the prices are okay.

The wait staff is young, hard-working, and very friendly.

I will be returning to Handley's in the future, and I recommend it without hesitation for a casual dining experience.

• Visited July 2011
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“It was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2011

I came here for an end of the school staff party and I had a nice time. the servers were very nice. They were very busy serving everyone, so it was sometimes hard to get their attention. The beer is pricey, even for happy hour. their outside area is decent. I had a chicken finger appetizer, and the chicken was hand breaded which was a plus. All in all, this is an okay place to go to.

• Visited June 2011