“bad wine”

Carolina Vineyards Winery
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stopped in and decided to try their wines, though I had read negative reviews. Well, the reviews were correct. We like dry wines, so 5 of the seven we tried were dry. Nearly every wine we tried was bad. The nose was bad, the color was bad, and the palate was bad. Not totally undrinkable (unless you are a total wine snob) but they were bad. The cabernet approached being drinkable. We left without purchasing a single bottle, which is the first time I can say that after a wine tasting. I have to say that our bartender was very nice, informative, and friendly. I would not recommend this place.

1  Thank tootsOH
There are newer reviews for Carolina Vineyards Winery

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place with my sisters while vacationing on NMB, the bartender was very entergetic and actually let us taste more like 10 wines plus a wine smoothie for the regular price of $3. The address was confusing... FYI it is located in Barefoot Landing.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I love wine! and 7 samples for $3 is a great deal! But our hostess was very quiet and didn't seem very excited to have customers in the store, even on such a slow day. Most of the wines were fruit wines, and they had about 9 or 10 different kinds - the only difference is the amounts of sugar they add to their wines. It was enjoyable, but we did not buy any of the wines because they all had the same sour taste. I would have to pass if given the opportunity again, especially on the "wine slushies" in the back.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Great visit! The girls did a wine tasting and the bartender made it so much fun! I wish I remembered to get his name. He was so full of energy and it was a fun night!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a small winery way in the back of a shopping complex. We went on a rainy day and sampled some wines. The cost is $3.00 per person for 7 samples. Most of the wine is fruit wines. The cost per bottle is around $13.00. We found a few we wanted and bought half a case. It's not a winery like what you would find out in the country, but it's a good thing to do on a rainy day.

1  Thank Hugh C