“Expect the unexpected. ”

Flying Fish Public Market & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Bonz Restaurant Group's newest concept, Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, is located in Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. The newly renovated waterfront building located next to the Alabama Theatre features an assorted mix of local seafood, Lowcountry recipes and a raw bar with a wide variety of steamed shellfish and sushi. Flying Fish offers guests an additional and unique option for great casual dining on the water.
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner, with a great overall experience. We went about 5:15 with a party of four and was seated in five minutes. A free appetizer was a pleasant surprise as others mentioned in their reviews.
All meals arrived hot and well prepared. We will be back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Family dinner - we shared crab legs, which were awesome - cooked perfect!
My daughter had mahi-mahi, which she said was great - and ate every last bite! I had grilled shrimp - no complaints - cooked just right. Husband had broiled scallops, which I also tasted and was very good.
Sides were good - wine good - I can't complain - and only offer advice to dine here if in N. Myrtle Beach and looking for a nice restaurant in Barefoot Landing.
Staff was very friendly, reasonable service and great food!

thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for dining with us at the Flying Fish Public Market and Grill. We are delighted to hear your and your family enjoyed their fresh seafood meals and our service! Thank you for the feedback and we hope you will come dine with us again very soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

For the price, the food was below average. Oddly enough, the french fries were better than my flounder or shrimp. This was our 2nd visit and it will be our last.

1  Thank 50orchids
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My daughter, my grandchildren, and I had dinner here. It's a lovely spot and crowded in the seats with best views. But we came to eat and were seated immediately in their first come-first serve less scenic area. Our server was genuinely friendly and attentive. Our food came quickly and was delicious. The seafood was crispy outside and the inside, tender and flavorful. I am known as a big eater but despite my best effort and sharing shrimp with my tablemates, I couldn't eat all of my food. I marked it down as a "first" and it says a lot about the generous servings. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Thank you for dining with us at the Flying Fish Public Market and Grill. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your seafood meals with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The fish and chips was very poor. The fish tasted frozen. Several in our party had fresh fish and was rated good but very expensive.the crab cakes were good Our waiter appeared to be out to lunch- service was slow.

1  Thank twlb4