“Simply awesome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flying Fish Public Market & Grill

Flying Fish Public Market & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bonz Restaurant Group's newest concept, Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, is located in Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. The newly renovated waterfront building located next to the Alabama Theatre features an assorted mix of local seafood, Lowcountry recipes and a raw bar with a wide variety of steamed shellfish and sushi. Flying Fish offers guests an additional and unique option for great casual dining on the water.
“Simply awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

If you love fresh fish, you have to try this place. We have eaten here multiple times and never been disappointed. It is appropriate for families, but still cool enough for friends or dates. Can be a little pricey, but we do the happy hour specials from 4-8 on the bar level. The crab fritters are beyond good!! The drinks are great every time as well.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JodieBC
thanksfordining, Guest Relations Manager at Flying Fish Public Market & Grill, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for visiting Flying Fish Public Market. We are so happy you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!

Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Fish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The waiter I had for this visit was very helpful. I asked for his suggestion and he was very helpful. I had fresh mahi mahi which was grilled to perfection with a wonderful Cajun seasoning. When I first sat down I was given a complimentary fish dip and crackers which was delicious. I went around 1pm in March so it wasn't busy.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Heidi D
Thank you for visiting Flying Fish Public Market. We are so glad you enjoyed our selection of fresh seafood. We hope to see you again soon!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Flying high”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

We visited this spacious restaurant around 2pm so we missed the lunch crowd and preempted the dinner rush. Seating was prompt, the service was quick and the food was definitely worth the brief wait. We had the fried shrimp, oysters, and scallops which were cooked to perfection along with a huge complement of fries. The view of the intercostal was attractive.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lmira20
Thank you for dining with us at Flying Fish Public Market. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, nice atmosphere looking over the water, regular spot when in MB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have eaten here more than a few times. I have always had some sort of fish or seafood. It has always been great! I try to go here every time I am in Myrtle Beach. They do have fresh fish and seafood available by the pound if you want to cook it elsewhere.

The view out over the water is very nice. My wife and I love the back porch area that is screened in. But it was closed when we were there, we were a bit disappointed since it was still quite nice outside.

From my experience you cannot go wrong with any dish of food here. Their fish in chips is awesome! Also, the salmon fire grilled with Asian Sesame glaze is Awesome! It is ok with the lime butter or something or other. But the asian glaze on the salmon is nice. My wife loved her Mahi mahi that was fire grilled.

One nice thing here is you can also get lunch or dinner sized portions. I have only had lunch portions here and I'm not certain how much more dinner portions are. Lunch portions are sufficient. If you are looking for good seafood you will enjoy your dish here.

Also, the service has always been good here. It is one of our regulars when in Myrtle Beach.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank trckn4life
Thank you so much for visiting Flying Fish Public Market. We are so happy that you enjoyed your recent experience with us. We hope to see you again very soon!
“Way over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is overrated and over priced because of its location. Dont expect fast service at happy hour