“Great Escape”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Great Escape”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to room 430, a spacious three bedroom. We were extremely pleased with the view of the ocean and the pool. We loved walking the beach & watching porpoises. Even though the temperature was in the 40's, my boys had a blast in the heated pool/hot tub. The room decor was great. I loved the cleanliness of the condo. We were surprised at how quiet the room was. My only request would be for extra dish towels & rags.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide an upgrade for you. We are so glad that your kids enjoyed the pool. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
New Jersey
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed here to visit Coastal Carolina University between February 15-18. It is about a 30 minute drive to the University, but we wanted to stay at the beach. It was an easy commute and worth looking out on the ocean after having a terrible snowy winter. We had a ocean front king 1 bedroom condo with 2 bathrooms. When booking look for K1M. It had a comfortable murphy bed in the living room as well as a sofa bed. The condo was updated and looked exactly as the pictures posted on the website. We booked through AAA and got a good price. Shortly after booking, towersatnorthmyrtlebeach.com emailed me with a special and we got the same room for a little bit more of a discount.
The balcony was small, but excellent ocean front view. Great to have an extra bathroom for my daughter. The separate bedroom had a king bed, but the bedroom was small for a king bed. It was almost pushed up against the wall so there was very little walking space on one side. It had a separate bathroom with a big jetted tub and a nice rain shower faucet. Kitchen counter space was small, but this was a mini vacation and didn’t cook. There is a small washer and dryer which one regular load needs to be split into 2. The property is partially owned by Wyndham and another management company. We booked through the other owner, and had to check in at the Prince Resort which is right down the street. It wasn’t a big deal and didn’t have to return there to check out. However, we were told if we needed anything we would have to contact the Prince.
The Towers does have its own lobby and we needed to get a key card for entrance into the Towers at night. The doors lock at 11pm. I also had to use the computer in the lobby to print out our boarding passes and the people at the front desk were very helpful. They work for Wyndham.
We decided to return again in August when we have to drop our daughter off at college. They (towersatnorthmyrtlebeach.com) gave us a 30% discount for being a return customer.The overall experience was excellent and as you can see, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank lwestnj
Joe V, General Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.
snowhill
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Housekeeping DOES NOT do there job. I am n room 1121 nd I checked n @
8 p.m. on 2/21/14 nd my boyfriend took the bags up. We went out came back around 10:30....I did my check over the room nd found all 3 pillows to the King Blvd view eff room pillows to all have yellow stains on each 1. Bed pad had hair every were. I called down stairs nd all the manager had to say was housekeepers r gone nd u checked n @ 8 p.m Me checking n @ that time nd coming bac late does not justify why this room was nasty. She said all rooms were booked up.....that I do not believe nd I asked her what do u expect for me to lay n this, all she then said was I dont know what 2 tell u every 1 is gone. I asked for manager nd she stated I am the manager, well guess what that was so poor customer service skills. After all that she then found some 1 to bring up 2 pillows to a room were 3 people are staying. HIGHLY UPSET I do have pics as well.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank drkchoco84
Joe V, General manager of Wyndham Vacation Resorts at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with cleanliness issues. We know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties. Please rest assured we will address these concerns with the managing agent for the unit you stayed in. If you prefer, you could personally reach out to the Prince Resort to review your experience. Again, thanks for your comments.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We will start with basics. Check in, fast. Parking, fast. Spiel @check in about time share...longer than normal. Staff that gave "the chat" tried too hard!

Had room 1920. I hear from a staff member the 20s are the best rooms. As we figured when requesting room type. The layout of those rooms gives you much more ROOM and FLOW. Beach view was spectacular!

Room appointings: pretty good.
Room furnishings: pretty good.
Room Cleanliness: eh, could have been better. Now, mind you having said that...I expect a 10 of 10 on this...and this room was an 8.

Dirty toilet tissue holder, white something splattered on bathroom cabinets, furniture in living room with grimy fingerprints. Mind you not the someone touched it after polishing kind. The greasy, been there a while because no one notices it kind. And scratches gallore! I won't even tell you about the visible crud on the remotes.

The sliding glass doors whisteled the entire time as well, the vent that leads from the master bath to the outside made noises all night as well. And you can hear everything from neighbors!!!!!

Other than these things, the room was great. Had good space, good view and everything was in working order. It really looks as if Wyndham has not had the chance to completely reno this property to be their own!

GOOD STUFF: best bed ever away from home!

Room Tip: Again, 20s rooms seem to have the best layout and offer the most space.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christy C
Joe V, General Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for your feedback – we appreciate your feedback which will allow us to continue to enhance your vacation stay. We are sorry you had to spend even a minute of your vacation dealing with cleanliness issues. We know there is a certain level of satisfaction expected when staying at our properties. Please rest assured we will address these concerns moving forward to avoid any future occurrences of this nature. We a glad you enjoyed the unit and the view and that everything was is good working order. Again, thanks for reaching out.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Tradition Continues! Our family enjoyed another wonderful NY's at TOG. Each year gets better and better!! I must say though....the split management thing needs to be looked at. The on-site front desk offers little to no assistance and politely refers guest to the Prince for guest needs if you are not a Wyndham Towers guest. ??? Still GOOD!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joe V, General Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and choose us as your vacation destination every year. We look forward to your next visit. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with units being managed by different companies. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing excellent customer service. Because we are a condo-style resort, some homeowners choose other property management companies to oversee their units. We apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. Thank you again and greatly value your feedback.
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I'm writing this review as I sit in the condo because I want to make sure future travelers are aware of what I am experiencing. I booked this condo through RCI on a timeshare. The description was that it slept 8, which is what I was looking for. It said two full beds, a king bed and a pull out sofa. Perfect. It's a Wyndham as well and we've always had great, spacious condos when we've booked anywhere Wyndham, especially a gold crown. But, approximately 3 weeks before our stay, we got an e-mail directly from the Towers stating that while the condo does sleep 8, it only accommodates dining for 3. What? They sent me the floor plan with the e-mail. I was absolutely blown away. I tried to see if I could upgrade and after phone calls with the Towers and RCI, no upgrade available. So 2 of the people we had coming decided not to come and thank goodness for that (not that we didn't want them to come but we couldn't have accommodated them). Though we had plenty of sleeping room for the 5 of us that did come, the place was so small that we had to stay separated from each other anytime we were in the condo. The sitting area was so small it only had a sofa with 3 seats and that's it. There was one extra fold up chair available (think uncomfortable). The dining table had 3 seats and that's it. The kitchen was not really a kitchen. There was no room whatsoever for anything. All of the utensils were on the stove in a caddy because there wasn't a single drawer. We felt so cramped the entire time we were in the condo. The pros were the heated pool/lazy river and hot tubs, fast elevators, updated appliances, clean rooms/bathrooms, good beds, quiet condos and great parking. However, if they had some type of retractable curtain on one end of pool area, it would make it so much nicer to enjoy because unless you're in the pool/hot tub/lazy river, you can't sit outside when it's winter. If they had a curtain of some type, it would make it tolerable and yet still allow fresh air in the area. Overall, I was very, very disappointed in this Wyndham property, It is not up to par for them and I felt like the advertisement of "sleeps 8" was deceiving. If you can't accommodate 8 in the living room and dining room, then you need to say that before money is paid that can't be refunded after the fact. We also went through the dreaded sales pitch and ironically the salesman felt he could get us a better room (even though they couldn't on the phone with me nor when I asked yet again when we checked in). However, we had already unpacked everything & it would have been more trouble than it was worth. On the tour, we were shown a 2 bedroom, sleeps 8 condo that was equivalent to what we normally see with Wyndham (very spacious). Again, ironic they had this condo to show potential timeshare buyers, but wasn't showing them the condo they would actually get if they tried to book a "sleeps 8" condo through RCI. So ask for a view of the floor plan before you give RCI any money to book at this timeshare.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ajb2dance
Joe V, General Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with the room accommodations. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home by providing sufficient space to satisfy the needs of all guests in the unit. Because we have 14 different condo-style units, each offer a variety of floor plans and sizes. We strive to provide this information to the guest through our website and email letter. We apologize for any confusion and will work to better communicate this through additional channels in the future. We are sorry for your experience and greatly value your feedback.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have stayed at The Towers 3 years in a row, twice during Christmas. We are actually still here now. This place is modern, has all the comforts of home, and doesn't have a typical hotel feel at all. Someone else reviewed recently that it would perhaps not be ideal for a group of more than 4, and obviously she is aware that Towers has units offering up to 3 bedrooms, with 3 full baths. My boyfriend and I are currently in a 1 bedroom king oceanfront, that has 2 FULL bathrooms,and a large living room, that also has a murphy wall bed, with doors dividing all rooms for privacy. I just wouldn't want anyone to be swayed by a review that seemed very confusing to me, and not really true according to what I know they offer. We have also previously stayed in a 2 bedroom oceanfront, with 2 full baths. I advise everyone to go to the Towers website and see a layout of all room types, and what they offer.

Room Tip: Check the bed types in rooms, because all 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units are not structured the same...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple