“Excellent hotel at Cherry Grove Beach”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent hotel at Cherry Grove Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our family has stayed here each year since they opened. We love our room, the amenities and the beach. It is a very clean facility. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable,and helpful. can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our resort and area accommodations. It is great to know our friendly staff was helpful during your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Apalachin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have been vacationing at The Towers since it opened and have been visiting this hotel ever since. We rent through the Prince and we know the drill. You don't get maid service and you have to check in at the Prince. Neither of these factors is a problem for us. Both the Towers and the Prince staff are helpful and friendly. My husband lost his shoes in the pool area and the security guard went above and beyond her duty to find them. The condo we like has a great view with a very comfortable bed and all the amenities we need. I have come to love this area of the Grand strand. Good restaurants and a grocery store right down the street-What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: If you are not into time-sharing and just want a condo at the towers book through the Prince but kno...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laurie P
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hi Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback along with some tips for future guests. We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay with us since we’ve opened. We hope you come back to stay with us!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This area is really quiet and nice. The rooms are very nice clean and comfortable. Real homey feeling. You can walk to all the local restaurants for great food like pizza, seafood (The Flounder has the best Crab Cakes I have eaten in a long time.) Boulgaria's/IGA is in walking distance and has everything you would need from fresh seafood groceries..it's another Walmart with a family name. Awesome. The pier is in walking distance it's about 0.7miles 15min walk and cost 2 dollars just to walk on the pier. Everyone is so nice the locals and the visitors. There is a Harolds Bar a spin off of FAT HAROLDS were they shag and dance both places are awesome. I didn't have any bad food the whole time we were there great seafood.

Room Tip: Best view on the 15th floor if you not afraid of heights ocean front.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I hate to have to give this nice hotel only 3 stars but your security staff freaked me out! First off we rented the room through Elliot Realty, a King studio 9th floor street balcony, room was fantastic for 2 of us! Bed was comfy and had ample kitchen stuff. We stayed 7 days, and had amazing weather the entire week! Back to the "security" issue.....I guess I got off on the wrong foot by being repremanded at the pool Monday afternoon for not having a pool pass bracelet? All I knew was that we we not asked or approached all weekend about this and we had no idea we even needed one. The female security guard, (who obviously has weekends off) needs to be reminded that people staying there are NOT children! When she suprisingly approached my husband and I about the bracelets we were already in the lazy river and what she said and how she said it was an INSTANT turn off. I asked if I could get it when we went up to the room as we were only hitting the pool area for a few minutes between a day at the beach and heading inside to clean up. She said, "Ugh, NO. this is the rules and YOU are breaking them, do you even belong here."? I said I have my Towers on the Grove key with Elliot Realty on it I can show you but she wasn't interested. She "suggested" that I get out of the lazy river immediatly and go get the bracelet......REALLY? I understand why they use this method, they dont want their pool overrun by folks who arent supposed to be there but not everyone is in that boat. I am an adult, who paid good money to stay there who was comepletly unaware that was the rules. I am not a rule breaker nor am I paranoid but everyday after that it got even more wierd. The next morning hubby and I decided to head to the pool early, to enjoy it before all the kids got there. We had our bracelets on so were were following the rules, picked out our loungers and were having a relaxing quiet morning BUT everytime I looked up from my kindle a man dressed in regular clothes wearing a headset was starring and talking into the headset like he was giving updates on the folks at the pool. He even came in the pool area, sat down and continued to watch and report.....very strange! all the while the lady dressed in security clothes "patroled" her area of the pool/ parking aea!! I had no reason to feel he was watching us I mean we weren't doing anything but VACATIONING!!! I know its wonderful to have security in the area, on the premisis but not in your face all week. I would NOT go back to this resort for this reason. This is a nice hotel in a nice location, rooms are not cheap so I'm not sure what kind of people stay there that need this much security or are they just playing big brother a little too much?? All of this did not make me feel more secure, I mean from what other vacationers? So if you are someone who enjoys their privacy this might not be the place for you.... MAJOR TURNOFF!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
ElliottRealty, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations at Towers, but we are saddened that you encountered such stringent security officers. We will be sure to pass along the information you have provided to the Building and Grounds Property Management, so that future guests do not experience the same problems. We hope that you will choose Elliott Beach Rentals for your next vacation and allow us the opportunity to provide with the wonderful accommodations you can expect from our company, both in the condo and on the grounds.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom ocean front - perfect for a couple. Too small for more than two people. Little storage space for luggage. Everything was immaculate and in good working order. Attractively decorated and well equipped. Private balcony with two chairs and a table. We enjoyed breakfast and drinks on the balcony with a beautiful view on the beach. Nice grocery and stores a block away. Several bars and restaurants nearby. The staff at the check in desk was busy - no niceties. Maintenance and security were very pleasant and friendly. We enjoyed our stay and will come back.

• Stayed September 2013
Reading, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We are Wyndham owners and recently stayed in the 3BR Oceanfront Deluxe Unit with friends and it was absolutely beautiful. I have to say that I was not sure what to expect after reading some not-so-good reviews, but was extremely pleased. Sure...some of the furniture has taken a beating, but that is to be expected where so many guests come and go and don't treat the condo as their home and take care of things. The Grove staff were all friendly and very helpful. Our check-in was a breeze. The view from the unit was breathtaking and waking up to that every morning was fantastic. Being steps from the beach was great. I would highly recommend Towers on the Grove to anyone looking to have a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We are frequent Myrtle Beach visitors, and this hotel was cute. Smaller then our usual stay but we didn't stay in the room often anyways.
It is some distance from Broadway and other amusement areas.
It wasn't crowded. Easy acess to the beach and the lazy river and slide were amazing.

• Stayed August 2013