“Bad customer service”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed at totg for 8 nights in a one bedroom deluxe. I could not imagine what the non deluxe room was. lol The room was not bad just very small. The small dining table was in the bedroom. It did include everything you needed.(washer, dryer, dishwasher, nice big bathtub,ect) My problem started when I noticed something crawling on the towels that I just assumed were clean. I think it was lice? Not sure because I have never seen lice. After calling the front desk, someone came up and said it was head bugs and would bring me more towels. Thank god my family had not used these yet! I wanted another room not more dirty towels and went to speak to a manager. The manager stated the bugs were sand fleas and the hotel was full . Well after a lot of hassle, we got to change rooms. The staff acted like this was no big deal. No apologies. No one cared. I thought dirty towels with bugs was a big deal when they were decoratively placed in the bathroom like they were clean. They stored some grocery items while we were waiting on a new room and we never saw those again. Overall we has a good time at this condo. However just know that you have to wash your own towels, dishes, and take out the trash. There is no maid service. I did not know this when booking my room. They have a nice pool area. Both rooms I looked at looked nice. However the 2nd room I stayed in had stains on the floor and the whirlpool tub did not work. Otherwise everything looked clean. I don't think I would stay here again just because of my experience with the staff. Crazy things sometimes happen and managements response can make things either better or worse for the customer. My experience made things worse for me and after reading the reviews on here, I think its a trend at this property. Also they push timeshare presentations on you. They even checked my credit during the presentation, yuck. Just say no to the presentation if you do decide to stay here. I am also still waiting on wyndham to refund me my 100 credit card hold. I hope they do and I do not have to file a complaint.

Room Tip: Anyways if you do decide to stay, I hope you don't have any problems with the stay. Management w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our first time in Myrtle Beach. Absolutely loved this resort. The location is amazing, within walking distance to a lot! The covered pools, hot tub, and water slide were great especially because it rained most of our stay!! Close to an awesome beach spot. Our room was a two bedroom two bathroom kitchen living room laundry suite and it was amazing. We loved our stay and all the staff we encountered were super friendly!! Parking was convenient with the 9 floor parking garage. The only issue we had the whole stay was waiting for an elevator once but it was during lunch time so I assume a lot of people were leaving at the same time so we did have to wait a bit. HIGHLY recommend this place and we will be staying here on any return stays!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lelebug08
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A follow-up on previous Towers on the Grove review. This was our second time back at this resort in two years. We traveled with our teenage daughters for a summer week at the beach. As previously posted the resort remains a basic bread and butter no frills, beach side, high rise resort. As veteran timeshare vacationers we continue to be extremely happy with the quality and service found at Wyndham owned resorts. The Wyndham owned units live up to the Wyndham standards. Location, location, location, and great staff secures our return business. As reported last year, the resort is well maintained and very clean. The units offer pool towels that can be exchanged at the front desk if fresh towels are desired. The proximity to the beach and a local grocery store make this resort a gem. The beachfront is clean, white, fine granular beach sand just 100 feet from the resort’s back gate. No car required as Boulineau’s is a short 225 yard walk from the front door. In an update from last year’s comments on Boulineau’s, this year we found Bouilineau’s to be much more expensive than in the past. Yet, they still have everything a traveling family could need. Just be prepared to pay handsomely for it. This season (2013 summer) the fresh seafood was reasonably market priced.

Despite the negative comments on the web regarding the layout of the 2-bedroom standard ocean front units we decided to save some Wyndham points and give this unit a try as we were only staying for four nights. This was not a Wyndham 2-BR Deluxe model. All of the units ending in 28 have these floor plans. After a short week we came to the conclusion that the unit is workable if you are accepting of “cozy” and confined quarters. We can see how many of the negative comments are posted if you are accustomed to the spaciousness that Wyndham has made their norm. The layout is odd and can be overcome. The persons sleeping in the second bedroom just have to be sociable and open to the rest of your party traversing through their sleeping quarters. Our major obstacles were in the kitchen and “dining” space. The unit lacks kitchen cabinet storage space and a hall closet for general storage. The small 24” x 28” area of counter space between the sink and the stove/range constitutes the kitchen counter space. It is workable but it takes talent and organization. This is truly a one-cook kitchen. The dining area is a 32” x 32” square table in the ocean front living space. We experienced extreme difficulty seating a family of four at the table. Thank goodness the coffee table is within arms reach and worked as an auxiliary table. The master bedroom also lacks storage space for clothing. It has just one armoire for storage. However, you do get a television mounted in the master bedroom en suite. Our guess is these oddly designed units were inherited by Wyndham when they took over this property.

We didn’t allow these handicaps to derail the vacation. The resort and its location are still wonderful. If booking one of these units we strongly suggest packing lightly and plan on shopping for food on a daily basis. The proximity to Boulineau’s makes the latter suggestion fairly easy to accomplish.

All in all we still prefer North Myrtle Beach over Myrtle Beach proper. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Read the full review. The 2-BR standard ocean front untis present some challenges.
1  Thank RMSaintL
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My family and I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Towers. We had the larger one bedroom and two bathroom unit that is 686 sq. feet and it was great for 2 adults and 2 children. The living room had a murphy bed and sleeper sofa with a king bed in the separate bedroom. Our unit was ocean front on the 12th floor and had a great view of the ocean. Our unit was clean and it was nice having a washer and dryer in the unit. The pool area was great, with two hot tubs, large heated pool, lazy river and a great water slide that both of our kids, ages 11 and 6, loved. Being right on the beach was a great plus too. All of the staff that we encountered were helpful and friendly and always asked if we were enjoying our stay. We will definitely be back at the Towers next year for our family vacation!

Room Tip: Check the room layout and unit pictures online so you know exactly what you will be getting.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Booked here because my cousin is a Wyndham member and wanted to stay at the same property. Some of the other Trip Advisor reviews reassured me that this was a good one and I was not disappointed. Easy check-in. Excellent parking. The parking garage is located across the street north of the hotel and is only available to hotel guests and there was plenty of parking.

The room was better than I expected. Huge jacuzzi tub shower. Super cold air conditioning. Quiet washer/dryer. Quiet dishwasher too. Bed was nice. No itchy sheets. We had a blvd view because I hate waking up with the rising sun. An ocean view sounds nice, but I don't sit out it enough and I like sleeping in on vacation.

Very well maintained. Our room phone didn't work and they responded instantly to the repair call. And then the whole property looked well kept.

The pools are great for kids. And that lazy river. They give you floats so you don't need to bring one. The pool under cover is warmed. There's a pretty fast slide. And two hot tubs. ON really warm one under cover next to the heated pool. And one out of cover that is a very good temperature.

There's food nearby and not much traffic.

I really enjoyed my stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 3rd floor. That's check-in floor. Obviously higher rooms have a better b...
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to Towers on the Grove (and N Myrtle Beach) and we can't wait to return! The hotel is well-maintained and our room had everything we needed. We were very pleasantly surprised that they provide you with starter packs of dishwashing detergent, laundry detergent, paper towels, and pool towels. They even included a lemonade packet and microwave popcorn...nice unexpected treats. The two bed room unit we were in was very spacious and comfortable and had a great very open layout with the kitchen/bar, living room, and dining areas.

The kids loved the indoor and outdoor pool and lazy river. There's both an indoor and outdoor hot tub as well. The indoor pool area was great because it allowed us to still swim during the 2 rainy days that we couldn't go on the beach. The resort is very conveniently located to the grocery store and a few restaurants around the corner. However, it is a good 25-35 minute drive from most of the shows, outlets, and other attractions. It's a 1-2 minute drive to Main Street and the Ocean Drive Pavilion fairgrounds area that is great for the kids during the evenings. Parking is in the deck across the street, but we never had to park on the top deck or look for additional parking beyond the deck like some other resorts.

We had a boulevard view as opposed to ocean view, but we didn't feel like we missed out at all since we didn't really spend much time in the room. All in all, a great stay... you can disregard the phone calls about buying into the timeshare and avoid some hassle and sales pressure. I'd recommend this resort to others for sure.

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying in the larger square footage 2 BR as opposed to the smaller 2 BR with the...
2  Thank nctarheel06
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just returned from our stay here and it was absolutely wonderful! I travelled with my husband, mother and 4 children (2 under 7 and 2 age 13) and we slept comfortably in a 2br deluxe on the 20th floor. The oceanfront view was incredible and the staff were all very friendly and catered to our every need. There are chair and umbrella rentals for 25/day and banana boat and parasialing rides right next to the building. There is a grocery store, ice cream parlor, seafood place, and the cherry grove pier all within walking distance. They pass out popsicles to everyone at the pool (which the kids loved) and the beach was never really croweded. Already planning our trip for 2014 :))

Room Tip: 2BR **DELUXE** has biggest balcony