“Towers at North Myrtle Beach 521”

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 26, 2013

521 has pics of view from balcony up that show what you think is the ocean but it is really the balcony ledge. The pic is from before the parking garage was built because now all you see out the sliding glass door is the parking garage. The "condo" is smaller than a hotel room with no storage. Beds were comfortable, bathroom is nice if you like seeing the stove from the toilet. The check in process was too "hectic" and unorganized. The elevators are quick. I hated having my car across the street in a parking garage. I will go back to the smaller condo's from now on. Not worth the money. Also spoke to other neighbors who were "hoodwinked" with the phony picture of the balcony.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel/condo. Bigger isn't always better.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I am in fact currently staying at this resort. If you like a quieter part of north myrtle beach in a really pleasant and clean hotel. This is the ONE. Awesome pool. Fantastic Rooms. Have to get the oceanfront. Amenities in the room itself is amazing. We have stayed in a lot of fully equipped room resorts and this one goes way above and beyond. I mean a washer dryer in the room. C'mon if that's not an A++ then what is. And plenty plenty parking just opposite the hotel. NICE!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We are here this week as guests and are having a great time. We have a very nice room with two very comfortable beds (they have very few single rooms with king beds and as guests, not owners, we were unable to get a king). The rooms are clean and the kitchens are VERY nice. Top of the line appliances and full of dishes and accessories though storage is minimal. The place seems well maintained and the staff we have met are very cordial and want to make sure you are having a nice stay. There is garage parking across the street though I imagine in high season the traffic might make crossing the street a challenge. The pool area (a lazy river pool) was clean and the chairs are comfortable. We also went over to the grass patch next to the pool however found it to be very buggy so we didn't stay. Overall, a very nice resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Please stay away from this dirty roach motel unless you like to stay at a nasty hotel. My family and I came down May 10-12th and stayed at roach motel. We were very displease with the service. When entering the room it was a big red spot all over the carpet an to top that off my husband found roaches. When we called and spoke with management about the issue it appeared we should be thankful to be here. The last I checked, we paid to stay here, it was not free.They stated they had no more rooms to change us in. They sent someone to the room to spray. Just for everyone to know we have a 1& 3 year old. The guy came in and just started spraying. They did not give us chance to get out the hotel.We don't spray chemicals around our kids what make them think it was ok. It took 1st Manager "Zack" over 1hr to call to call us back to voice our opinion Is this good customer service? The manager advised he would have housekeeping to come and resolve the issue. My family and I left the room at 1 pm so the issue could be resolve. When we return a 10pm the mess and dead roach we had put on towel were still in the floor! YES THIS MOTHER is UPSET! Second shift manager had some to come clean up the towel. It seem like no one was concern about my issue. I am not the one to write reviews but I don't want anyone with a family to come stay at this dump! What a Mother Day weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Lovelygirl13
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at the Towers on the Grove for the first time in late December for 3 nights, and will probably plan on making yearly trips during the office season because we enjoyed our stay so much. The resort was nowhere near capacity so we always kind of felt like we had it to ourselves. We weren’t able to enjoy the pool or the beach because of the colder weather, but what we lacked in outside time we more than made up with shopping and dining out without having to worry about all the hustle and bustle the busier seasons bring. We were told that the pool was heated if we wanted to swim, but the lazy river was not. We never had any issues with waiting on elevators, or whether or not we would have a parking spot available. But what we could not get over how nice everyone was that we came in contact with at the Towers. Everyone from the parking attendant to the front desk clerks to room maintenance employees to the timeshare salesmen always met us with a smiling face and “hello.” It might not sound like a lot, but it really can make a difference in your stay to always come in contact with people who are glad you chose to stay at their hotel.
We changed our reservation from a 1 bedroom oceanfront to a 1 bedroom oceanview at the last minute because we thought we would have a better layout for our stay. This couldn’t have been a better decision. We learned most of the 1 bedroom oceanfront rooms have 2 double (or maybe queen) beds, whereas we wanted to have 1 king that came with the 1 bedroom oceanview room. We were put on the 18th floor, and the oceanview rooms have floor to ceiling windows so you can imagine the amazing views we had, as well as 1 balcony on the west side of the hotel, and 1 on the side of the hotel looking east. The west side balcony is quite small (only maybe room for a chair or two), but the other balcony is a comfortable size with 2 chairs and a small table provided.
The living room area would feel cramped for a week stay, but for a few nights we found it adequate. The couch was a little uncomfortable for my taste, and there were no other chairs except for the dining table chairs. Nice flatscreen tvs in the living room and bedroom, as well as good wifi access. We did not use the dishwasher, stove or microwave since we ate out every meal during our short stay, but the full size refrigerator was fantastic for holding drinks. We also did not use the stackable washer & dryer, but this would be such a nice amenity during a longer stay. The bathroom was large, but somewhat oddly shaped and arranged. The vanity is not very large, but the whirlpool tub was an added plus. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The closet and one dresser are on the small side, but as I keep saying again and again it was perfectly suitable for our stay.
I must add that we stayed as guests from Wyndham owners, and the timeshare was a real push during our stay. We were scheduled right off the bat at check in for a breakfast meeting. We were told for an hour or so meeting we could receive our choice of many different show or restaurant gift certificates. The meeting did last longer than we expected, and the sales team is definitely good at what they do so if you don’t want to buy in make sure to be firm with them. We really enjoyed our $50 gift card to the Liberty Steakhouse & Brewery (which I also reviewed), plus 2 tickets to the aquarium though.
We are interesting in trying different rooms at the towers (found out from the sales team there are something like a dozen or more different room layouts!), but I am very happy that our first stay was in a one bedroom oceanview. I’m not sure I would want to stay here during the summer season, but that’s only because of how busy it would be. Otherwise I think this is a wonderful place to stay, and plan on coming back in the future!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheshrliz
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our first time staying at Towers on the Grove, and I give it a 10 out of 10! The rate I got for booking early could not be beat. We stayed in a 1bed/1ba. Oceanview on the 10th floor. Checkin was painless, parking was plentiful and the buliding has great curb appeal. The hallways and common areas are nicely decorated and well light with vintage photos of the area. Our room was spotless! Nice appliances, updated furniture, dishwasher, jetted tub, washer and dryer, and all the necessities for cooking. Our unit had floor to ceiling windows that let light pour in and for us to enjoy the view. We had a small balcony off the living room with a nice view of the area and the marsh. The bathroom was spacious, well light and had a huge, deep jetted tub. The bed was very comfortable and the black out curtains did thier job well. We never waited on an elevator. The pool, lazy river and childrens area was great. It was super clean and there was a lot of space. There is not one compaint I have about our stay here. I will recommend this resort to all of my friends and family. We are already discussing our plans to return here in the fall.

Room Tip: Please choose an ocean view or ocean front room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey M
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed here for a 3 day weekend with a friend who owns with Wyndham timeshare. We had an Oceanfront 1BR/1BA...sleeps 8 as it had 2 queen beds, pullout sofa, and murphy bed. Plenty of room for 2 with full kitchen amenities......oceanfront balcony. Very comfortable......unfortunately we did not enjoy the lazy river or the hot tub or beach because the weather turned very cool and rained.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends