“Pretty good”
Review of Duffy Street Seafood Shack - CLOSED

Duffy Street Seafood Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The newest addition to the Duffy Street restaurants in MB. This one is #3 owned by the same family.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went for an early dinner at Duffy's so we didn't run into service problems that other diners had. The place was nearly empty at the time. Food was pretty good. I agree with other posters that it was not as good as I remembered the original location in Cherry Grove to be. The best meal our party had was the shrimp and grits.

1  Thank TheGoffs
There are newer reviews for Duffy Street Seafood Shack

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate at the original in Cherry Grove a few years ago and had a good experience. Two years ago we ate at the location on Restaurant Row, I think when it just opened. Experience was very good. Based on that experience, we went again this past week.....

Food - beyond terrible. In short, some of us ordered fried oysters, shrimp and wings. All were soggy. We took the food home and broiled it in the oven so it would be edible. One of us had to leave during dnner to get some fresh air - he thinks due to the greasy fried food. He still didn't feel that well the next day.

Service - terrible. Our waiter was from Bulgaria and appeared to try. But, it seems that he was more interested in my daughter and her friend than actually doing his job. I had to go to the bar to get a beer because of the long wait. The next time, I actually had to yell at him as he was walking away to get his attention so that I could get another beer (after he had come by the table to check on us, or should I say, the girls). When he asked what kind - I showed him the bottle. His reply - tell me what kind, I don't know Amercan beers. What kind of show was he putting on. What an idiot.

I said he was trying, but was more annoying than anything. All we wanted to do was have a nice dinner before heading home from vacation. Poor choicde in restaraunts to do this.

I will never go back.

This is the first review I have ever written - I always just go with the flow. If we have a bad experience, whatever, maybe a bad night. No big deal. But this was awful.

1  Thank Bill A
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We didn't care for this place at all. It wasn't busy when we arrived and we were seated immediately. We ordered some calamari and it came out fast but then we waited forever for our meals to arrive and the place was busy but not every table was occupied. The waitress was very nice and friendly but they she was working a lot of other tables. The food was really greasy and most everything is fried. If you want the same grade food as Long John Silvers but want to pay more, then this is the place for you. The portions are generous, and the atmosphere is casual but the prices are just as high as other places and the food isn't as good.

1  Thank Holly M
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I didn't mind waiting to be seated, but once we were seated, we waited an hour for our food before I asked to speak to the manager. She assured me that our food would be out momentarily, but after waiting another 30 minutes, we walked out.
I can't rate the food, since I didn't get any.
NEVER go when it's busy, and I recommend that you never go at all...if you want to eat.

1  Thank amk17
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Excellent food for a good price but the peanuts were stale and the service was slow to non existant.

1  Thank TBC13