“The best hotel experience I've every had.”

North Beach Plantation
McConnells, South Carolina
“The best hotel experience I've every had.”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

There is nothing lacking at this resort. It is a memorable vacation experience. The rooms were unbelievable. I felt like I was in someone's home. The rooms were furnished with quality furniture and beautifully decorated. The hotel is on the ocean and has a huge pool area with a pool bar and the view is spectacular. The staff was very helpful and informative. When we checked in , Heather greeted me with a smile and explained everything thoroughly. Even though we were early, she gave us passes to the pool to wait until our room was ready and even had the room keys delivered to us and we were able to check in early. The cafe is open for breakfast and lunch. The food was delicious and surprisingly inexpensive for such a high end resort. The chef even came out and chatted with us. I did not have a chance to use the spa but was told by other guests that it is quite the experience. We will definitely return to North Beach Plantation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tonkie26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
chicago
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Just finished our six night stay at North Beach. The grounds are beautiful. Easy walk to the beach. We stayed in a two bedroom condo on the 19th floor. The view was speculator. Worked out at the Fit Club. They were very friendly. We did get new towels every day of our stay, but they did not pick up our trash. I called and asked for plastic garbage bags and they were delivered within ten minute of my call. I emptied the trash myself which was not a big deal to me. I would stay here again.

My only observation is that this is an expensive resort with beautiful condos and grounds and I was a little shocked the the carpeting in our unit was already showing signs of wear and tear. There was two huge stains that looked like bleach marks. Also, the walls looked a little beat up. I do not fault the resort for this but the people who rent the units. When ever I travel I always treat the condos with respect and treat the unit like I would want them taken care of it I owned them.

Had a wonderful trip!!! Can't wait to return.

1 Thank laldesigner
Lancaster,SC
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Each room is tastefully decorated..so roomy & separate of other rooms. You do not feel cramped like so many places we've stayed with everything in one open area. The master bath had a whirlpool with a nice & roomy glass enclosed shower. Master bedroom with two walk-in lighted closets with TV. Kitchen was large with a double door refrigerator with ice & water dispensers granite counter tops dishwasher stainless steel appliances. Washer and dryer closet off kitchen. Large dining room furnishings with beautiful chandelier. Nicely furnished large living room with flat screen TV with nice entertainment center. Large oceanfront balcony with real table & chairs (not plastic)!! No claustrophobic feeling AT ALL..

As others have said the pool area with so many pools one doesn't have any problem finding a chair. Gorgeous area the pictures on the sites do help but to see is to believe! The only thing & this is not a big deal we did wish the Tiki bar had longer hours at the pool. The water area around the bar had tables in alcoves which helped you stay cool you could sit at tables which of course are above the water! Very unique!

All in all this place is fantastic as I said above and we throughly enjoyed our stay, Just arrived home last night August 30 2010 we will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank woowoo10
NJ
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We just concluded a 4 nights/5 day stay at this property and thouroughly enjoyed the beach and pools. If you do not care for full service hotel style service, but you would rather have luxurious condos with full kitchen, then this is the place for you!! The only complaint I have is that the units do not seem to have proper sound insulation from one unit to the next. Two days into our stay, someone moved in the unit next door and we were constantly bothered by the snoring filtring through the walls at night. You should however hope that you do not have a similar situation, because the beach access, pools, hot tubs, etc., are top notch. I wish their lazy river was a bit longer and was outdoors.

The units are absolutely gorgeous. We had a three bedroom unit that had a large patio accessible from family room and master suite. The shower and tub in master suite are top notch. The kitchen has granite counter tops and is equipped with GE profile appliances including front loaded washer and dryer. The only minor concern is that they have carpeting underneath the dining table. Just take care not to spill anything and you will be fine.

Garbage collection is regular and towel service is rather spotty. Some reviews here have raised concern over the parking garage and we faced no issues with our SUV. We almost always found a spot under the Jasmine tower, where we stayed.

1 Thank Jayhir
Wayne, New Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2010

First I want to say that these are condos, owned by someone and rented through an on premises service. There is no room service, which is why I rated it 3 stars for service, not because it was bad service, they just don't offer a lot. There is no bellman, maid service, ( although I heard you can arrange for it beforehand for an additional fee). They do take out your trash and will do a towel exchange as long as you are in the room when they come, or if you request it. There is a washer & dryer so you can launder them also. They provide toilet paper, tissues and some small sundries in the bathroom. Also have dishwashing machine detergent and hand dish soap, enough for a few days stay.

This place has all the amenities of home, including flat screen TVs in all bedrooms and in the living room. Each unit is decorated to the owners choice, so each is different. Our unit was professionally designed as I believe most of them are. There were IPod docks everywhere. There is a large walk in closet in the main bedroom. Very roomy and clean, afterall these units are barely a year old at most. Every room has an ocean view and outside deck with table and chairs.

The only down side is that there are only a limited amount of sold units that can be rented so it;s not easy to get a reservation suited to your needs. The more units that sell, the more that will be available. Also, the development is still in the process of adding more buildings, and at the time we were there there was only a cafe open for breakfast and lunch, but it was actually a really good value. We had a large breakfast for 1/2 the cost of one out on the road. Good quality too.A steakhouse was set to open soon after our stay, as well as some shops. There is a spa which I didn't use, and a gym.

They still need to get a lot of the wrinkles out, since they are so very new and still in the process of expanding to a full resort.

Pool area is beautiful, not a lot of kid oriented things (like slides) but has a lazy river, and many many pools of all depths, beautiful and clean, spread out over a large area. Kids are vey welcomed. There is a swim up bar too, offering snowcones and non alcholic drinks as well as cocktails. The beach is a walk over a boardwalk. Baefoot Landing is right across the main road.

I have to say it was the highlight of our trip to be in such a nice resort styled place. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Definetly would recommend this to friends.

1 Thank Judie074
OH
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We have been to Myrtle Beach about 10 times and I have to say that this is the nicest condo that we have ever stayed in. The property was amazing and the staff was great!! Never had to wait for an elevator and the parking and pools were great.

I had reservations last year but they were cancelled 2 weeks prior to us leaving since the units were not ready. I'm sure glad that we decided to try again this year.

I sure wish that they would rent out their electric cars . :)

1 Thank MPillion
Redlands, California
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I live in S. California but grew up in NC. We travel to NMB every summer for a week. My family LOVES IT. We've stayed at The Avista and the other "higher end" NMB and Cherry Grove spots. North Beach wins easily. Beacuse of it's furnishings, the ease of parking the # and speed of the elevators, the location and because of the POOL(s) area. Simply terrfiic. MUCH BETTER than the competition. It's also a VERY lovely piece of beach. A little worried though. This place is struggling. A LARGE number of unsold units. Great this summer because we had the place largely to ourselves. Not comfortable this will be the same next year or in the future though..

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#6 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!