“Simply Stated "Amazing vacation"”

North Beach Plantation
St. Albans, Vermont
“Simply Stated "Amazing vacation"”
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We loved this Resort!! I chose it because of the reviews and photos on trip advisor. After finding it, I did more research and chose to do a private rental through the VRBO website. I knew exactly what room number and floor we were on, 1409. My family was so euphoric upon arrival and we couldn't see or do things fast enough. The room was more beautiful than the photos and larger than I expected. Awesome balcony, 200 ft, and a breath taking view that went on for miles. The Beach is beautiful and so tropical looking. We swam in every pool, even the cold ones, and played in the lazy river and enjoyed the sand and ocean. It is such a tranquil place and it was so nice not to have to fight the crowds to enjoy the amenities. I loved that there was no housekeeping and our garbage was picked up daily. If you have a "do not disturb" sign out they wont come in and its up to you to call for pick up. We had a beautiful fire place in our unit that we utilized daily! It was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed!! I'm sure once more units are sold it will be very busy but for now its great to enjoy the quietness and beauty of the place!
I would love to go back and I felt it was worth every thing we payed for it. It was not cheap but once we arrived I knew why. I took many photos but there are already many of the same posted...maybe I'll add more later.
So if you have the chance....go! It's Myrtle Beach at its best. It doesnt get more beautiful. We were all very sad after spending a week there, my 9 yr old and 13yr loved were just as sad as my Husband and I as we drove away. I want to go back!!!

1 Thank RTJOPfamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
PA
Reviewed May 6, 2010

What can I say? The pictures online are REALLY what this place looks like. Traveled with spouse and 13 yr old daughter and we all had one of the most relaxing vacations ever. The view from our balcony was unbelievable. 16th floor looking right down the coast. The people who worked there were super friendly. And the pools and beach are super clean and so easy to just walk right out the door and enjoy them. We lucked out and had 80 degree and sunny weather every day, so we were really able to enjoy the pool area. The rooms are super spacious ( stayed in a 2 bedroom which actually had 2 queens in the second bedroom) . And they give you everything you need! Hair dryer, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, wine opener, --its all there. You can hit the supermarket about a mile down the road across the street and stock up on just what you need. The hotel is located in a "less cheesy" part of town and in fact, you forget about all the Bargain Beach shops when you are on the premises of the property. We went mini golfing a few miles down the road at MAYDAY GOLF. SO fun! We ate at Bonefish Grill and had a delicious meal. Barefoot Landing stores are literally right across the street from this property. Fun for an evening stroll. We even checked out Alligator Adventure which again is almost right across the street and is so much more than we expected. If you have kids, this location is perfect! Pools, shops, but away from all the riff-raff. We cannot wait to go back to North Beach Plantation!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
CT
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed at North Beach Plantation from 4/10 through 4/17. (side note: I came back 2 weeks later to the same place to play golf with the guys) There were 8 of us, my wife and our children, 18b, 16g, 15g, 13b, 11b, 6b. In addition we had 4 other families that were in our party that also stayed at NBT. We had a great time, the complex is awesome, the rooms were all top shelf. I rented from a private owner but the other families went through the rental agency. Nobody had any problems with anything. The pool complex is fantastic but as someone said, the pools were on the chilly side. There is one heated pool...it is the one that my kids say looks like a lego piece.

The rooms are as advertised. They are beautiful.

One thing to note is that the complex is not nearly sold so there are more than 1/2 of the units are unoccupied. We felt like had the entire place to ourselves and we loved it.

The staff that we encountered were always pleasant and always asked if there was anything they could do for us. We didn't need anything but it was nice to be asked. If you go here you have to go down to the 3rd floor to the coffee shop which is slowly becoming more than a coffee shop. Down there you will meet Lou of Hell's Kitchen fame. A great guy and always ready with a smile and a story. Try the panini sandwiches! The prices at the coffee shop are very reasonable, $1 coffee, $5 sandwiches etc.

I've stayed at Mar Vista and the Sandy Beach Resort and MyrtleWood Villas and none compare to this.

Shout out to Mike & Ellen...nice to meet you guys and share a refreshment.

Bloomingdale, Illinois
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The North Beach Plantation are condo's rented out to lucky guests! We were initially a little worried when we called and no one answered, but as we pulled up we were in awe of how beautiful the "hotel" was. The grounds were well kept and when we picked up our keys we were greeted with southern hospitality. Our room was fabulous!!! We stayed in the Indigo Tower on the 3rd floor and had a great view of North Myrtle Beach. Our room included a whirlpool tub- took the best bath ever! We had a 6 person dining table and kitchen fully stocked with dishes, pots, pans, utensils- everything you would need if you wanted to cook a romantic dinner for two. Room even had a washer/dryer, huge flat screen TV and comfy couch. It was extremely clean- looked brand new. Definitely a 5 Star stay and would highly recommend anyone stay here. If you want a romantic getaway this is definitely the spot!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2010

This was my first trip to the Myrtle Beach area and I chose North Beach Plantation (NBP) after looking over the reviews on TripAdvisor and the website for the property.

The Condo-style development was uncrowded, with perhaps only 36 out of approximately 200 units occupied at the time of my trip. There are still some items that have to be finished (ie. "swim-up bar" in the pool area). Those final touches should ultimately be completed pending sales of additional units in the complex and their absence won't interfere with your enjoyment of NBP now.

The restaurant on the 3rd Floor is currently open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., serving Breakfast and light Lunches. I ate there several times and enjoyed the Omelette, Pancakes and Cuban Panini that I had. My only word of caution would be to ask about the vintage of the pastries on display, as I did have a Danish that was a bit past its peak. I put this down to a lack customer traffic tthat would help turn over these items more quickly. Chef Lou, what would Ramsay say?!

It looks like a more upscale Dining Room/Lounge is planned for the 14th Floor at NBP. I heard that this may open by July this year. You may want to check the amenities listings in future for more details. It was still under construction when I visited, but based on my quick walk through, it has the potential to be a very nice spot.

For dining off site, you have all the options of The Shops at Barefoot Resort directly across the street. There are many other restaurants, including major chains, within a short distance. There's no need to drive the 15-20 minutes to Myrtle's "Restaurant Row" unless you are heading for a particular spot there.

As mentioned in other reviews, this is a condominium-style operation, so you won't have housekeeping or bell staff to serve you. However, for a quality self-catering experience, I would certainly recommend North Beach Plantation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I found this resort on Bookit.com. I had never used this site before, but the price was perfect and the condo looked beautiful. From the NBP site, it was clear that this is a condo, and not a full-service hotel. Also, when you pull into the NBP drive, it is very clear where you need to check in. The check in staff was friendly and helpful and there were no problems with check in or check out.

The property is striking. It looks very much like the towers of Atlantis. Our 2 bedroom condo, Jasmine 1016, was absolutely beautiful-- very clean, tasteful and luxurious. We felt right at home. High speed internet access was included and was a snap to get up and running. All bedding and towels are provided. However, beach towels are not-- I had called ahead to inquire about this and was glad that we brought our own along. The unit had dish washing soap, dishwasher detergent, bar soap, conditioning shampoo combo, tissues and toilet paper. We needed to purchase napkins, soap for the washing machine (front loader-- so requires "He" soap), and paper towels. The only items that were "missing" (and it feels silly to even say that anything was missing) were a colander and a laundry basket-- but that is all... our unit had ample serving pieces and even a large and small crock pot and a mixer-- I didn't use them, but they were there.

Daily trash pick up fro the kitchen was supposed to be provided, however this was spotty. It happened twice during the 6 nights that we were there and I'm not sure why it happened some days and not others. However, it was no big deal for us to put our own trash in the dumpster in the back of the building, so we never bothered to call about this.

The pools outside were chilly. Our child shrieked each time he dove in... however, this didn't keep him out of the water. There are many, many hot tubs and they are just that-- hot. The indoor lazy river was fun and tubes were provided. The indoor pool, the lazy river and a hot tub are in the bottom of one of the towers-- so on the same level as the outdoor pools so that you can go in and out. The walls are made of heavy duty plastic so that they can be rolled up in the summer. Pool chaise lounge chairs are abundant inside and out and we never had a problem finding a chair, an umbrella table or even a hot tub to enjoy solo.

There is ample parking, and for now no one shows ID at the pool... I did wonder if all of the "guests" at the pools truly belonged there-- esp. when I saw older teens bidding each other farwell and getting into cars and leaving at the end of the day. I think they may need to tighten this up a bit in the future. However, it was not really a problem when we were there and I always felt perfectly safe. A boardwalk from the outdoor pool area to the beach is brand new and the beach was never crowded. The view from our balcony was stunning, and we witnessed many dolphins from the balcony. The images on the NBP site are absolutely accurate and the view you see there is indeed the view.

The swim up bar was not yet open, but it was really too chilly still to get in the water and swim up... so we weren't bothered by that. I was told that the chef, Lou, at the newly opened Seaside Cafe (breakfast items and lunch) was a finalist from the Iron Chef, but I didn't follow that program so that information was somewhat lost on me. We had paninis for lunch two days in a row and they were good. However, the wait was very, very long (30 and 45 minutes respectively with only one order ahead of me each day). We didn't eat there, I am talking about waiting at a counter to give an order, waiting for the sandwiches to be made and wrapped and then taking them to go. Several guests came and left due to the long wait while I was waiting. There wasn't yet a menu but you could tell them what you wanted and they were happy to offer suggestions based upon what they had. So, this is obviously a work in progress and I would hesitate to recommend this to anyone in a hurry at this point in time. I am not going to factor the restaurant into my star rating as I didn't expect the restaurant to be open at all and they are clearly in an adjustment phase and I belive that this will get better based on the quality of everything else that we witnessed.

Our child said that staying at NBT was more fun than Disneyworld and he can't wait to go again. We are very particular about where we stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend this to friends and family. We had a WONDERFUL vacation.

3 Thank TriangleFam
fredericksburg,va
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. 2 bedroom condo on 6th floor couldn't have been any better. Thanks to Henry for his cheerful assistance. 3rd floor Bistro excellent for breakfast/lunch. Can't wait to come back

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dswmjw
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#5 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!