“amazing”

North Beach Plantation
Effort, Pennsylvania
“amazing”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was by far the best vacation. We arrived early but where still able to check in and use the pool and beach...When our room was available they brought us the key. The service was amazing...from towels at the pool to a gorgeous room and view. We already booked our week for next july. I strongly recommend this wonderful place. If you do go bring your own beach chairs as the rentals rent out quick. The dophin watching trips sell out quick too so book that early also. There are fabulous grocery stores near by which where very reasonable and we cooked in our fully stocked kitchen often. The boardwalk is amazing but its not the one near the hotel.. you have to drive 10 min down rt 17 to get there and wear walking sneakers..alot of walking to fabulous stores. The rooms have washers and dryers which are HE so bring your own laundry soap and they all have their own blow dryers, irons and ironing boards so thats one thing you don't have to pack. I strongly recommend this hotel!!! book it and you will have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
2 Thank maria198609

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
Oak Ridge
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We visited NBP in May 2012 from New Jersey. The place is absolutely beautiful. I booked my trip based on reviews here on trip advisor. The reviews are right. I booked a one bedroom and it was gorgeous inside. The place was spacious and luxurious. I felt like I was home. The pools are amazing and the beach was great. Overall my whole Myrtle Beach vacation was great. I loved being close to barefoot landing. I traveled with my husband and 7 year old son. We were all impressed.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dana A
Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The property was very nice. No complaints. Luxury accommodations and good service. I was most pleased that some previous complaints seem to have been heard and addressed by management. Coolers are not permitted in pool area yet this is not enforced. Several people walking around with small coolers full of water, juice, and beer. Balls and water toys were allowed in the pool. My son and I was throwing a small football in the pool. The lifeguard said it was too big yet gave us a smaller ball that we could use and keep. I witnessed several rafts in the pool. The pool closes at 10:00pm yet on most nights people were allowed to stay and swim past 11:00pm. I was pleased with the attitude and approach of the staff and the services they provided. Keep up the good work,

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alvito
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our (couple in late 40's) fourth golf visit to MB in the past 10 years.

After our third visit, I swore I wasn't coming back. We had stayed at popular centrally located resort. During that visit our car was broken into while in the parking garage, my boyfriend got Pink Eye from the pools, and the management couldn't have cared less about either. Plus we had the added bonus of catching the end of Black Biker Week. We were told it wouldn't be an issue yet we could hardly walk from the parking garage across the street to the resort.

Based on Trip Advisor reports, we gave it another chance and booked NBP. It was twice as much as the other places but worth every penny. Our one bedroom condo was nicely appointed with granite countertops in the bathroom and kitchen along with state of the art stainless steel appliances. The balcony had real patio furniture not plastic. The pools were amazing and the outdoor bar was open for our entire week vacation (week of Memorial Day) not just on weekends. There were even lifeguards on duty which I haven't seen recently. We especially appreciated the gated entrance and onsite parking.

There were just a few things that could use improvement such as the furniture and kitchen ware. They were cheap but that's up to the individual that owns the condo not the resort itself. The lazy river is mostly underneath a roof and wasn't as nice as others (the couple times I went over there nobody was using it).

If we come back to MB, this is definitely the place we will stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower facing the ocean directly and the view was nice but the view from the opposit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MaryBluEyes
Muncy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was our first stay at North Beach Plantation and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in the Indigo Tower on the 16th floor and the view was spectacular! The balconies are so spacious, we spent many evenings watching the sun set. The condo was beautifully furnished, it felt like being in a luxury hotel.
Our only point of confusion was checking in. We kept our eyes on the towers and drove up there, we in actuality you need to turn right just off off 48th St. S and check in at the Plantation House. I hope that helps. We will be coming back every summer. This was the best vacation my family ever had. It was a very private area of the beach...and we found lots of beautiful seashells! We will be returning every summer!

Room Tip: Stay in the Indigo Towers, there is a beautiful view of the shorline and pick a room that is high up...
1 Thank Connie C
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

An extended weekend is never enough time for this excellent stay...right on the water! Very nice and welcoming room for our 5-bedroom condo! If only I can convince my family to visit for Thanksgiving :)!! Something for everyone and close to area shopping, restaurants, etc. the views are breathtaking!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank cdballa1
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2012

One word to sum up North Beach Plantation would be...PERFECT! We stayed a week in the Indigo Tower and our view was awesome! The pool area is wonderful...with so many pools to choose from, it was never over crowded. The beach is beautiful and the ocean water was so warm. Our 2 bedroom condo was decorated beautifully and the balcony was huge! The elevators were so fast and the parking was convenient and easy to get to. Whoever designed this place thought of everything and did it right. Right across from the complex are many shops and restaurants. There is so much to see and do in the area, but when you check into North Beach Plantation you just don't want to leave! Already booking our trip for next year. By far, one of the best place we have ever stayed!

Room Tip: Indigo Tower is the best for a beautiful view of the coast!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
#3 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Marriott's OceanWatch Villas at Grande Dunes

Been to North Beach Plantation? Share your experiences!