“Had a great time!”

Shore Crest Vacation Villas
kingsport, TN
“Had a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

We stayed in Shore Crest Villas II across from the beach . We had a awesome room. Everything was clean and the rooms were real nice. We stayed in the 2 bedroom and loved the huge garden tub in the master bedroom. We would love to return again!!!

• Liked — the rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank lildesray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Anderson, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2007

My family had stayed at Shore Crest in North Myrtle. First let me say how wonderful our room was it was clean and everything that was to be there was. Two things concerned me during our stay at Shore Crest II. One day we had called and signed up for one of the activities that was being held at Shore Crest one’s pool area we arrived and with in 30 minutes we where asked to leave the reason we where given was because “Shore Crest one’s pool area is only for guests that are staying in Shore Crest one”. Then why are we being invited to the activities then? Second, there are many residential homes around Shore Crest property; one day there was four teenagers from one of the houses across the street at the pool because we watched them walk back to the house. Another day there were six young men between ages of 19 and 24 in the stair well of Shore Crest II parking deck pool side smoking marijuana and they came from one of the houses across the street. I thought someone should be making rounds to check all the property areas, but I guess not. Everyone just needs to watch out for these activities and report them ASAP and do not wait.

• Liked — The rooms and being close to everything.
  • Disliked — People from across the street using the pool. Not being allowed to do the activities at Shore Crest One.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank Tim C
Brentwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2007

We are Bluegreen members and just got back from Shorecrest II. We have stayed at several Bluegreen properties since becoming members and our biggest beef with them is the inconsistency from one property to another. This trip was no different.

Shorecrest is actually two properties, there is Shorecrest I on the beach and Shorecrest II across the street from Shorecrest I and an easy walk from the beach. Both have their own pool and lazy river although the pool at Shorecrest I is considerably larger and that is where pretty much all the organized activites take place - sandcastle building, tye dye, live entertainment, bingo, etc.
The best thing about Shorecrest II was the unit itself. We had a two bedroom and it was very spacious and well-appointed. Washer and dryer were in the unit which was nice. There is no maid service unless you are willing to pay extra. The unit was nicely decorated, clean and functional for our family of four. We had a west view looking directly across the marsh at Barefoot Landing.

The downside to Shorecrest II is the pool is very small and you feel like a second class citizen relative to Shorecrest I. One day they chased people (Shorecrest II guests and owners) away from the pool at Shorecrest I, which is probably 3-4 times the size of the Shorecrest II pool (the number of total units at each property is similar). This did not sit well with guests and owners. Technically as a Bluegreen owner you have access to ANY property at ANY time. We were told the fix week owners at Shorecrest I had voted to keep Shorecrest II guests and owners away from their pool during peak times. This seems to be in direct contradiction with the benefits and features of Bluegreen ownership which allows complete access to any property. All of the activites, game room, beach access, internet access, etc. are at Shorecrest I. So while staying at Shorecrest II you are certain to spend at least some time over there. On the day they were chasing people away from the pool they had nice live entertainment with music on the deck and no such activities were offered at Shorecrest II.

Otherwise, we had a nice stay in a nice unit and were able to utilize the pools, beach, internet access and enjoy the comforts of the nice room.

It had been a long time since we had been to Myrtle Beach and Shorecrest offered a good location with easy access to restaurants, Barefoot Landing and other activities.

10 Thank jojobeach
Jerzee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2007

We've just returned from a 3-night stay. Let's see...where shall I begin...? Upon entering our unit, there was the pungent smell of fried fish that permeated the entire unit including the linen. A pillow that I assumed was from the previous guests was left in the living area and the unit looked like it was long overdue for a thorough cleaning. In fact when my husband and I cleaned the shower prior to using, it was filthy. The coffee table in the living area was a cottage-style white and it looked like it had never been cleaned. I tend to have high-standards when it comes to travel accomodations and I had never visited Shore Crest but it seemed on paper to be quite nice. It was quite the opposite.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank JCRultes96
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2007

We stayed at Shorecrest2 in late September and absolutly loved it...I was sick(getting over bronchitis) prior to leaving for the well planned out trip and was misreable untill arrived at the resort and was able to relax and enjoy our oceanview and a very spacious room. We visit myrtle beach every year and I try different resorts untill I'm happy..and I must say I was very happy...Only 1 complaint..our guest shower clogged up the entire visit but the water power was way better than main shower...We had so much fun, I didnt even complain about it : ) Thanks Shorecrest

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank Greenie01
Mryle Beach, Korea, Guam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2007

My friend and me needed personal time to be with each other so we went to this hotel. Are bedrooms were ok but there was a fly constantly coming into our food. After that brown stuff showed up in the pool so we got out and went to the beach. I will admit that the beach was not croweded but cigaretters were a problem. Guy next to was drinking beer and asked us if we wanted any? We replied no. My friend went into the water and nothing was wrong so I decided to join. We booked only 4 nights with 2 bedrooms. If you're going don't have the luck I had!

• Liked — Nothing Except the beach!
  • Disliked — Almost Everything
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank Expertteeeeeeess!
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2006

Shore Crest I is on the ocean and it was awesome. The rooms were great, the views were priceless and the location is the best. The swimming pools and lazy river were great and the short trail to the ocean is great with 2 showers to get the sand off. The resort has activities every day and they play music around the pool. The other pictures I saw are not from this resort, but look very similar. The lazy river is on the left side facing the ocean. Anyways, House of Blues is right down the street and they always have something going on. I can't wait to return to Shore Crest I.

• Liked — Very nice, had to call to get better directions and they got me right there.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Enjoy
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,159 reviews
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,409 reviews
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
North Beach Plantation
North Beach Plantation
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,551 reviews

Been to Shore Crest Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!