“Great time!”

Shore Crest Vacation Villas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our second visit to Shore Crest and it was just as good as the first time. We stayed in Shore Crest 1 overlooking the pool and the ocean. At night we could open the sliding doors and listen to the ocean. My four year old daughter loves the pools, hot tubs, and the lazy river and of course the beach! Beach access is very easy and there was always plenty of room on the beach. Only complaint with Shore Crest were the elevators which were very slow. Wait time for the elevators could be at least 5 minutes. Other than that, no problems and we had a lot of fun.

3  Thank AlisonU752

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have a family of six, and we decided to vacation with friends of ours who have a family of five. Both families stayed in Shore Crest I. We both had partial ocean view rooms. There were definitely pros and cons to our stay at Shore Crest. I will start with positives...
1. The beach access was wonderful. Whether you are staying in the beachfront building or the one across the street, getting to the beach was a breeze. The street it's located on is not busy at all. We felt comfortable allowing the children to cross with us without having to rush across.
2. The pool area was great! We all enjoyed the pool, lazy river and hot tub.
3. Our units were very clean and orderly. We found the cleaning staff and maintenance staff friendly and very helpful.
4. We enjoyed the location of the hotel. It's far enough away from the boardwalk area of Myrtle Beach that you don't get overwhelmed by all the activity and noise, but close enough to take a quick drive down for an evening.
Side note: I've read a lot regarding the elevators. We didn't have any issues with slow elevators throughout our stay. The only time things slowed down was during our check-out when many other units were checking out as well.

Now for the cons...
1. Our first impression of the whole experience was soured by the check-in staff. We had contacted the hotel several times before arriving to verify our rooms proximity since we were two families vacationing together. We had our rooms booked on the same day. We were ASSURED that our rooms would either be across the hall from one another or stacked one floor directly above the other. Neither happened. They claimed they gave one of our rooms away even though we had verified which room we would have. They were unapologetic and apathetic regarding our situation. It wouldn't have been as big of a deal to us, except we were vacationing with smaller children and we wanted to stay as close to one another as possible, which we explained to the staff during our multiple phone calls to them. Throughout our stay, we found the front desk staff to be a little off-putting.
2. The bedrooms were very small. Not much room to move about. We had a room with old appliances and old tube tvs. I wouldn't have minded the tvs, except that they had terrible cable service. A lot of the time, we got static sounds and fuzzy pictures.
3. I read several reviews regarding the parking situation. It is very true that the parking spots are narrow, but worse of all, there are not enough parking spots for each unit. If you arrived later in the evening, you would have to park across the street. I find it hard to understand why there are less parking spots than units.
4. There are no bathrooms close to the pools and there is plenty of room to add a bathroom, so I find it strange that they haven't done so.
5. We enjoyed the pool-side music when it was playing, but the front-desk staff didn't always make sure it was playing. Minor complaint, but it's a detail that is noticed.
6. This final complaint is not regarding the hotel, but the time of year. When we booked our vacation a year ago, we didn't realize it would be bike week. Hearing the motorcycles squealing and roaring, at all hours of the night, got really annoying. Having multiple bikes weaving in and out of traffic, cutting you off constantly, got really old, really fast. If that is something that would bother you, I would recommend you double-check your vacation dates if you are going to head to Myrtle Beach next spring.

All in all, we love the beach, so our time spent playing in the water and sand is always wonderful. I will NOT choose to stay at Shore Crest again. I'm glad I know not to go back.

Room Tip: Don't go during bike week
4  Thank MOMS0977
Reviewed May 20, 2013

After reading a lot of reviews, I was expecting a so-so villa, but it was a pleasant unit. Very clean and well maintained. Great beach view and access. Yes, a few minor details that were not perfect, but I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Staff were very responsive to our every need.
2  Thank eiffeltexas
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I chose this location based on the proximity to the beach, which was perfect, even with us being in building #2. I went with 2 other females and 3 children so it made things easy to lug our belongings and when we didn't go to the beach we had the pool right there which was really nice since the water was warm. The location worked for us too with its closeness to restaurants and shops. Room wasn't as big as I'm used to with Bluegreen, but still accommodated us and had all the amenities we needed.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank WTravfromEP
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We loved the fact that this property is situated in a quieter area than the bustle that is Myrtle Beach. Our time here was very relaxing. The unit was up to date with newer appliances. Our balcony overlooked the marsh and sunsets were spectacular. The staff was absolutely amazing and extremely responsive. Yes the property is probably the oldest in the BlueGreen inventory but you'd never know it. It was well maintained and incredibly clean. There was even the added bonus of free WiFi in the room. All in all we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Don't get hung up on the ocean view. The sunsets over the marsh are incredible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I guess for those looking to find their own thrills when vacationing this place is not bad. Don't get me wrong, the place was nice and clean and the rooms were comfy. However, I felt like it was very dry and boring.
When we first arrived it was a little confusing where to check in. There is not really any signs, directions or inviting paths to lead you. It's not too hard to figure out it's just that you don't know where you are supposed to park when you get there. We stayed in the Marsh View Building which is on the other side of the road from the beach so no beach view. That is our fault for not booking earlier. It is not a bad view though. You are just looking at other rental properties and a marsh in the distance. We were there first of April so the weather was a little chilly for our liking so we did not spend a lot of time at the beach. This is where I was a little disappointed in the resort. They did have a calendar of events but not a lot of things that sounded very interesting. I feel like they could have had more things going on to entertain since the weather was not great. I guess I only say this because some of the other BlueGreen Resorts we have stayed at offered a lot of fun things to do for the whole family. I just felt like there was not much presence from the staff.
That being said, next time we plan a trip I will be checking on the other resorts in hopes that they have more to offer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SCOTT M
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Loved, loved, loved Shore Crest Vacation Villas. The views were spectacular. The room was spacious, clean, and homey. Staff was excellent. The outside hot tub was awesome. Everyone was so friendly and down to earth. Short walk to the beach. A very romantic setting. Loved the location. It was 2 minutes to Barefoot Landing and had a cheap, great place to have a burger, hotdog and mixed drink within a one minute drive (Hamburger Joes). I could live her. Just incredible!

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a villa in ShoreCrest I.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple