“Second visit with the husband” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Windy Shores II

Windy Shores II
Ranked #33 of 54 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Second visit with the husband”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been coming to Myrtle Beach with my parents and two sisters as far back as I can remember. When we were kids it was during March Break...but now, with my parents have retired, they bought a time share week at Windy Shores 2 and have been coming for about 10 years.

For the past two years, my parents have been unable to visit and have instead offered the week to me and my husband. At first I was worried that he wouldn't like the unit, because it is a little bit dated...but, to my pleasant surprise, he was able to see the charming - ness of it all.

We are in unit 404 and I cannot express how wonderful this place is. It's clean, and pleasant...right on the beach, and as I type this I am on the veranda looking out at the beach, ocean, and enjoying the breeze. Our bedroom window is right at the elevators, and at first I thought this would be awful, but because it's such a family place, it's rare to get anyone at the elevators late at night. And if there is, they are often very courteous of other guests.

I can't say anything bad about this place. I am sitting drinking a mojito, and enjoying the ocean breeze...and contemplating throwing on my suit to go jump through those waves....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Catcon1
Gayeleen U, Manager at Windy Shores II, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to say such great things about our resort! We appreciate our guests and hope that everyone has an enjoyable vacation when they stay at our resort.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
maiden nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We rented unit 103 from Elliott Realty and had an awesome experience. Elliott Realty was very easy to work with. The condo itself was excellent. There was plenty of space and we had everything we needed. The view was perfect. It was chilly for the weekend that we stayed but the kids enjoyed the pool anyways and it was nice and clean. We would definitely recommend this condo to others and we will be staying here again as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank puravida92797
Sterling Heights
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

It was my worst experience ever. I've been renting Resorts for more than 25 years Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan,Aruba, Cancun and Bahamas just to name a few. From bugs to hinges not properly connected to the frame of the door way, lights not wired properly; when turning on and off bedroom lights the living room lights turn on. Popcorn ceiling falling to the floor and on you and your guest. Badly stained bath tub, so bad till you can't get it clean with bleach in a couple of hours. Parking is truly cramped; hated it!
The best thing about the property is the location That's it.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
10 Thank trvlbugdtw
Gayeleen U, Manager at Windy Shores II, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We are so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience while you were at our resort. We have been remodeling the interior to improve the quality of our units. All units on the 3rd and 4th floor have new paint on the walls, all ceilings have been repaired, new carpet has been installed and new couches, bedspreads, drapes and art have been placed in the units. We have been working on this project since the winter and have completed phase one of the units. Also, we have done extensive work on the exterior of the building to freshen up our appearance. We want all of guests to be satisfied and enjoy their stay.

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

new albany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our 5th time to Myrtle Beach at Christmas time, and our 5th different Defender resort location. They might all be the older resorts, but we love the fact that they are super clean, smaller, and quieter. This time we had a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom unit (301) and it was just wonderful! We were a corner unit, so our balcony was open on the end. This balcony is the largest we've ever had! Definitely will come back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank robinlbe
Chesterfield Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stay here all the time. It is not new and shiny, but it has everything I want; in fact, I bought a unit here 3 years ago.
On the plus side:
*Oceanfront
*Spacious rooms
*Nice, clean pool
*Polite and friendly/helpful staff
*Neat and clean
*Small - I prefer the smaller, more quiet and private condos
*Location, location, location! Close to shopping, restaurants, golf. It's Myrtle Beach!

Minus (If there are any - these are things I am pointing out for others but they do not affect me in the least)
*Parking is tight. However, I prefer to walk; additional parking is about a block away, and I feel secure leaving my vehicles there.
*Not a lot of activities for families if you are used to that sort of thing
*Short on amenities such as restaurant and fitness center

Room Tip: Choose units away from elevator or stairs. Be prepared for a week of walking the beach, watching the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank sol72
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a two bedroom and two baths. Place was very roomy, with a large ocean front balcony. I have not ever had such a large balcony at the beach before. There was a washer and dryer in our unit that was very nice.
There are a couple of things I did not like. The maid makes the towels into a bird shapes. I felt the towels were already used just because of all the twisting of towels. We did not have enough towels in our unit. I probably could have gotten more towels, by calling the office where ever that was. No office staff on stie. Also parking is very tight. They do have extra parking up the street about one block.
One evening after the maint. man went home he had to come back and fix our unit heating. We did not have heat and it was going to get cold outsiide. He had to call the heating and cooling people to come and fix it. Work got done quickly.
I would stay at this place again. As the location is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank suem0215
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

The rooms were a little outdated when you walked in but the space was amazing. We had three bedrooms and three bathrooms a very nice living area and very spacious balcony with a wonderful view. Would definately go back there.

Also when we arrived there were towel animals in all of the bathrooms.

• Stayed March 2011