“We like it here!!”
Review of Windy Shores II

Windy Shores II
Ranked #29 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our 5th time to Myrtle Beach at Christmas time, and our 5th different Defender resort location. They might all be the older resorts, but we love the fact that they are super clean, smaller, and quieter. This time we had a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom unit (301) and it was just wonderful! We were a corner unit, so our balcony was open on the end. This balcony is the largest we've ever had! Definitely will come back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank robinlbe
Gayeleen U, Manager at Windy Shores II, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to say such great things about our resort! We appreciate our guests and hope that everyone has an enjoyable vacation when they stay at our resort.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stay here all the time. It is not new and shiny, but it has everything I want; in fact, I bought a unit here 3 years ago.
On the plus side:
*Oceanfront
*Spacious rooms
*Nice, clean pool
*Polite and friendly/helpful staff
*Neat and clean
*Small - I prefer the smaller, more quiet and private condos
*Location, location, location! Close to shopping, restaurants, golf. It's Myrtle Beach!

Minus (If there are any - these are things I am pointing out for others but they do not affect me in the least)
*Parking is tight. However, I prefer to walk; additional parking is about a block away, and I feel secure leaving my vehicles there.
*Not a lot of activities for families if you are used to that sort of thing
*Short on amenities such as restaurant and fitness center

Room Tip: Choose units away from elevator or stairs. Be prepared for a week of walking the beach, watching the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank sol72

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a two bedroom and two baths. Place was very roomy, with a large ocean front balcony. I have not ever had such a large balcony at the beach before. There was a washer and dryer in our unit that was very nice.
There are a couple of things I did not like. The maid makes the towels into a bird shapes. I felt the towels were already used just because of all the twisting of towels. We did not have enough towels in our unit. I probably could have gotten more towels, by calling the office where ever that was. No office staff on stie. Also parking is very tight. They do have extra parking up the street about one block.
One evening after the maint. man went home he had to come back and fix our unit heating. We did not have heat and it was going to get cold outsiide. He had to call the heating and cooling people to come and fix it. Work got done quickly.
I would stay at this place again. As the location is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank suem0215

Reviewed February 10, 2012

The rooms were a little outdated when you walked in but the space was amazing. We had three bedrooms and three bathrooms a very nice living area and very spacious balcony with a wonderful view. Would definately go back there.

Also when we arrived there were towel animals in all of the bathrooms.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank crudd49

Reviewed September 4, 2011

I actually didn't stay here this year but I stayed here a couple years ago and although it was older it was clean. The staff was very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. I wil be staying n the Windy Shore I in a couple of weeks! I can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Anita G

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Could not sleep because my bedroom was next to the elevators and stairs. It was very noisy with people running up and down the stairs at all hours. People were shooting fireworks on the beach sometimes till midnight. The unit did not feel clean. The floors were sticky and the furniture felt sticky as well. Parts of the ceiling and flooring were in need of repair. The parking was very limited. Be cautious when using elevator because I was stuck in there for a few minutes which can be scary especially when you are 6 months pregnant! They had a rude timeshare owner. While my husband, daughter, 20 month old and myself were trying to enjoy the swimming pool the timeshare owner jumped in the pool and started smoking. My husband asked her to be considerate of the children and not smoke and she told him to shut his mouth because he was not an owner. The only good thing about the stay was the timeshare is located on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank nolagirl38
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We have been staying here for the past 5 years. It's clean, safe and family friendly. Each year we see the same people and it's like a "family reunion". We have made so many friends here from NY to FL. Wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family