“Best Fine Restaurant in Myrtle and North Myrtle Beach”

SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Port Dr
Description: Since July of 2004 SeaBlue has been serving Contemporary American cuisine with a French flair featuring fresh local and organic produce, sustainable seafood, an array of specialty USDA Prime Beef Cuts. Our emphasis is placed on the quality of the ingredients and unique, but rustic farmhouse presentations. In addition, we also have one of the largest and most awarded wine lists in the Carolinas. SeaBlue is the only recipient of Wine Spectator's Prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" since 2012 in the Myrtle Beach area and one of only eight in the entire state of South Carolina. Our extensive wine list boasts over 500 selections by the bottle and over 100 by the glass. Our dining room is surrounded by a private collection of art from local artists. Our atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable suitable of a beach town atmosphere with a casual fine dining flair We invite you to ...DRINK. DINE. DISCOVER.... The SeaBlue Experience. OpenTable's #1 Restaurant in America 2014
Geneva, Illinois
“Best Fine Restaurant in Myrtle and North Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Loved this restaurant. Contemporary eclectic atmosphere with impeccable service. Fabulous wine list and longest list of single malt whiskeys I've seen anywhere. You can't go with anything you order. Everything is super fresh, organic, creatively prepared, cooked perfectly to order and delicious. My favorites are the jumbo diver scallops and the duck "lollipops". If you want a true dining experience, this is it. Prices are right in line with the caliber of food, service and atmosphere you get. Only go here if you want to be wined and dined.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jessdewetagain

Weddington, North Carolina
“Good food/Bad Decor”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband and I recently re-visited Sea Blue for the first time in years. We were regulars when it was an upscale tapas restaurant. After a change in ownership, the menu changed and the quality went down so we quit going. Saw the great reviews recently so we decided to give it another try. Food was very good. A little pricey but definitely one of the few upscale choices in the area. Our server was excellent. The decor is similar to before but the addition of garish big screen TVs and tacky nude photos on the wall made me feel like I was in the basement of a fraternity house. I had to change my seat so I didn't have to stare at nude women all along the wall. The server was apologetic when I explained why I changed seats. The TVs and frat boy posters on the wall just don't go with the gourmet fare that is offered. Would love to bring my family in but probably won't because of the offensive artwork.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Walters88
Nmbtax1, Owner at SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are glad you enjoyed our cuisine. I am thrilled you had the chance to return after a 5 1/2 year hiatus. That is how long I have owned the restaurant. That is how long Carl Kerridge's art pieces have adorned the walls of SeaBlue Restaurant. The history of the restaurant has been only two owners since SeaBlue first opened their doors in July 2004. There have been several management changes during the period prior to my purchasing of SeaBlue in September 2008. The current owners, chefs, and staff are proud of our accomplishments as being one of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Country and have one of the largest wine lists in the Carolinas. While we still maintain a heavy Tapas/Small Plate menu featuring exquisites like Escargot, Jamon Iberico Bellotta ($90 a pound ham), Wagyu Beef, U-8 Scallops, Maine Lobster, Perigord Truffles, and other local delicacies, we also added several eclectic entrees and a USDA Prime Steakhouse Menu to enhance our offerings over the years. There are only a handful of restaurants from Wilmington, NC to Hilton Head, SC that use some of the ingredients that I search the globe for. Our staff is well trained in casual fine dining service and we believe our total experience is the best within 100 miles. We understand a small portion of the population may not agree with our decor and artwork, but we believe it fits the personalities of the owners, the Contemporary American cuisine we offer, and the cutting edge wine list, spirits, and craft cocktails we serve.
So come explore SeaBlue Restaurant and Wine Bar and decide for yourself if our dining room looks like the basement of a Fraternity House or a Contemporary American Eatery bucking the trends in our ever evolving world.
You can check out Carl’s Artwork here:
www.carlkerridge.com
Tracy, The Staff, and I invite you to:
DRINK~DINE~DISCOVER
The SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar Experience
Let all your senses come alive...

Cheers,
Kenneth Norcutt
Chef Proprietor
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“SUPER SERVICE ... SUPER FOOD +++ very pricey”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Truly a great evening / appetizers were great and tasty but very very small portions. Most appetizers were in the $16 -$21.00 price range. Main course ranged any where from $25.00 to $120.00 EACH. Loved the food but seemed overpriced for the area. My wife and I had 1 appetizer 1 salad 2 drinks each 2 entrees. Total for two with tip $199.00

• Visited March 2014
Nmbtax1, Owner at SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for joining us at SeaBlue and taking the time to write a review. I am glad you had a great evening and enjoyed the service and the food. We are a white tablecloth fine dining restaurant. There are only a handful of true Fine Dining Establishments along the Grand Strand. Our pricing is equal to or less expensive despite using higher quality boutique ingredients. We only use USDA Prime for every cut of beef including the filet mignon. Once again less than three restaurants can make that claim along the Grand Strand. Our entrees range from $25-$36 not including our Steakhouse Menu which is priced accordingly with the other Fine Dining Steakhouses in the area serving USDA Prime, (The only other one is NY Prime in Myrtle Beach). Our Appetizers range from $8-$21(for Foie Gras and our Iberico Ham Appetizer) ($100 per pound wholesale cost). Once again we at SeaBlue consider our restaurant a value when you compare our ingredients apples to apples and oranges to oranges. I hope this helps everyone understand that SeaBlue is not trying to be a Myrtle Beach restaurant. We want to compete with the top 100 restaurants in the country. This is a destination restaurant to enjoy great service, incredible cuisine, and a tranquil environment to relax and enjoy your moment. We bring true passion to food and wine.

Cheers,
Ken Norcutt
Chef Proprietor
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“THE BEST”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Food, Service, Value The best from the nc state line to Charleston..Remember, Price is long forgotten where Quality remains!!!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Carey P
Philadelphia, PA
“Always great, sometimes special”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Have been to Sea Blue many times and it has never disappointed -- always great food and great service in neat atmosphere. This particular visit was our 40th wedding anniversary -- let them know when we booked reservation and were treated even more specially than normal, even though we were there on a very busy night. Tried the Chef's Tasting Menu for first time and every dish was exceptional, accompanied by a very appropriate and excellent wine! Can';t recommend this place enough -- very few comparable fine dining options in the North Myrtle Beach area and Sea Blue is at the top of my list for sure.

Visited January 2014