“Upscale seafood at its BEST!”

SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Port Dr
Description: Since July of 2004 SeaBlue has been serving Contemporary American cuisine with a French flair featuring fresh local and organic produce, sustainable seafood, an array of specialty USDA Prime Beef Cuts. Our emphasis is placed on the quality of the ingredients and unique, but rustic farmhouse presentations. In addition, we also have one of the largest and most awarded wine lists in the Carolinas. SeaBlue is the only recipient of Wine Spectator's Prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" since 2012 in the Myrtle Beach area and one of only eight in the entire state of South Carolina. Our extensive wine list boasts over 500 selections by the bottle and over 100 by the glass. Our dining room is surrounded by a private collection of art from local artists. Our atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable suitable of a beach town atmosphere with a casual fine dining flair We invite you to ...DRINK. DINE. DISCOVER.... The SeaBlue Experience. OpenTable's #1 Restaurant in America 2014
Charlotte, NC
“Upscale seafood at its BEST!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here for the modern, romantic atmosphere and excellent dishes. Both goals were obtained :) From the martinis, fresh seafood entrees and side of mac n cheese, it was great! The modern, cool blue restaurant is very unique for Myrtle Beach. We will go again for sure!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MarieNC13

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not So Great....”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having read previous reviews we were looking forward to dining @Seablue, however, we did not have the same great evening and great food that we read about. Place is beautiful inside, but that's where the beauty ended for us. At the end of our evening, the appetizer cheese plate and chocolate gelato dessert were the best courses for 4 of us.

Part of the problem was that our server as well as other servers had to also play bartender. For an upscale place, a full time bartender is definitely needed. It took 20 minutes to get our drinks; dipping oil for bread also arrived, however bread showed up 45 min after being seated.

Our entrees were fairly bland due to lack of seasoning: seafood risotto and Dover sole special were just okay; I had the grouper with exotic mushrooms.....only flavor in this dish came from grilled asparagus; maple sauce with duck made this dish okay.

Server forgot one of our sides so he promised to make good on it. We figured he would buy at least one of the desserts or after dinner drinks or something........NOTHING.....not even an apology.

Sad to spend the money we did and not have a great fine dining experience. Needless to say we cannot recommend this place and we will definitely not be returning.

5 Thank chigham
Nmbtax1, Owner at SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I would like to apologize for falling short of expectations after reading so many great reviews. The team at SeaBlue takes pride in the product and service we provide. Our cooking style uses ultra high quality ingredients that we allow the natural flavors of the cuisine to shine through. The Dover Sole, the Rolls Royce of all fishes according to Gordon Ramsey, is a very mild flat fish found in the North Sea. It's taste, texture, and firm flesh sets this fish apart from all others. All you should need is a little sea salt, white pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon to enjoy. In addition, the Black Grouper dish is also a mild delicate fish found off our coast. It was so fresh Saturday evening it came out of the ocean that afternoon. We paired that dish with some exotic mushrooms, portabella ravioli, grilled asparagus, a sweet Ligurian olive oil, and a splash of Fleur de Sel. I agree the preparations of the Grouper and the Dover Sole are fairly simple and do not express bold flavors that will overpower the delicate flesh of the fish. They are designed as healthy alternatives that will not break the calorie bank. As for the lack of service I take full responsibility for not having enough adequately trained staff on the floor that evening. We were short and it showed in this review. Once again we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations and you should receive a telephone call shortly inviting you back so I can properly take care of you in the future.

Update:

We invited Mr. and Mrs. back for an enjoyable $240 experience for the two of them on the house a few days later while they were still on vacation. I visited the table and Mrs. CHighham said her experience was totally different than the hustle and bustle of the Labor Day weekend crowds. Mrs. CHighham proclaimed to rereview with an OMG experience while I conversed with her at the table. She had the short rib entree and her husband had the Dover Sole dish that we ran out of the prior Saturday evening. They expressed to me that they thoroughly enjoyed there time to myself and the server.

Ken Norcutt
Chef Proprietor
The Villages, Florida
“Great for Foodies or Those Celebrating That Special Occasion - Expensive but Worth It”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited on August 30, 2013 for another excellent dinner. Our first visit to Sea Blue was on our pior trip to North Myrtle Beach. Because it was so good that time - it was a must do this time. We were not disappointed. Sea Blue is one of the few upscale fine dining opportunities in the area. True Blue is a nice break from the touristy buffets and chains that are common along route 17. The restaurant is located in a strip mall situated next to one of the tacky oversized lit up souvenir shops. Not where one would expect a restaurant of this caliber. However, once inside, the atmosphere is upscale modern art deco lit in soft blue. This is one of the more expensive restaurants in the area, but the food is worth it. For starters, I had a Arugula Salad with vinaigrette dressing and my girlfriend had the baby spinach salad. For our main course, my girlfriend had the Fruits of The Sea, which consisted of shrimp, scallops and lobster served over risotto with vegetables. I enjoyed the Grouper served over a double order of vegetables. (I skipped the Lobster Ravioli part of the dish for dietary reasons). I also enjoyed a side of spinach creamed in Goat Cheese. For Dessert, my girlfriend had the Crème Brule and I had a mix of mango and lemon zest sorbet. My girlfriend and I enjoyed every bite. Dinner for two as described without beverage and before the gratuity was $124.87.

Raleigh, NC
“The best seafood I have ever had!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am so glad we went to Sea Blue for our Anniversary. The food was the best seafood I have ever had! Everything was great quality from appetizers (try the kobe beef sliders) to the entrees and drinks, you cannot have a better dining experience than here. The Love booth made it extra special, wonderful service! I would come back again in a heart beat! The only downside is it was expensive, some thing overly priced. I had a shot of Bailey's for dessert, $12.50 was a bit much!

Cary, N
“Excellent all around”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Everything from the drinks to the service to the food was absolutely excellent. The espresso rubbed ribeye was to die for!

• Visited July 2013