“Very Enjoyable”

SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SeaBlue Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, American, Wine Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Port Dr
Description: Since July of 2004 SeaBlue has been serving Contemporary American cuisine with a French flair featuring fresh local and organic produce, sustainable seafood, an array of specialty USDA Prime Beef Cuts. Our emphasis is placed on the quality of the ingredients and unique, but rustic farmhouse presentations. In addition, we also have one of the largest and most awarded wine lists in the Carolinas. SeaBlue is the only recipient of Wine Spectator's Prestigious "Best of Award of Excellence" since 2012 in the Myrtle Beach area and one of only eight in the entire state of South Carolina. Our extensive wine list boasts over 500 selections by the bottle and over 100 by the glass. Our dining room is surrounded by a private collection of art from local artists. Our atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable suitable of a beach town atmosphere with a casual fine dining flair We invite you to ...DRINK. DINE. DISCOVER.... The SeaBlue Experience. OpenTable's #1 Restaurant in America 2014
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Very Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I give SeaBlue 4 instead of 5 stars only because both my husband and I were disappointed in the Prime steaks. Given the quality of the meat and the corresponding price tag, both my husband's steak and mine were not as tender or juicy as you would expect (cooked medium (mine) and medium rare (my husband's)). Don't get me wrong - the steaks were delicously flavored but when you pay extra for the Prime you just expect a "melt in your mouth" steak.

The wait staff were excellent, the wine selection great, the atmosphere was great - overall a very good experience. I just would not order the steak next time.

P.S. The au gratin potatoes were "to die for." I could have eaten an entire entree of just that side item!!!

Wilmington, North Carolina
“You Won't Be Disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Absolutely my favorite restaurant in Myrtle Beach. From the seafood, to the steaks, to the Colorado Lamb, you won't be disappointed. Friendly staff and excellent service. Reservations needed. Truly a hidden gem!

Cape Fear Coast
“Sea Blues...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

The service was wonderful- our server was attentive and not overly so.
The food- well, the food was good. But that's it, just good. We started with the cheese tray which was very tasty and the short rib ravioli which was also very enjoyable. My grouper entree was fine, I enjoyed it and I did eat most of it. My husbands bone in ribeye was good as well. But that's it. Just good.
I will say that I did have a fantastic dirt martini- one of the best ever. Perfectly balanced.

I don't think I'll go back - but I don't regret giving it a try.

1 Thank anne1975
Alexandria, VA
“Another Fine Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Despite its location in a strip shopping center and an unappealing patio w/ traffic noise, once inside we have always been treated to fine food, wine and service. As other reviewers have stated, this is not a tourist stop unless fine dining is your goal. We had Elizabeth as our server thsi time, not Steve, but we were pleased. Only distraction is two TV's over the bar but a number of patrons were enjoying wine and cocktails while watching the football games. But you can be seated in the rear and not view.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“First time, but we'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to SeaBlue on a spur of the moment decision, Sat night. We started with an excellent pomegranate martini which the were kind enough to split into two glasses, since we wanted to share the cocktail. We then split two small plates, the Jamón Ibérico de Bellota, and the Baked Escargot & Exotic Mushrooms. I really liked the prosciutto style ham served with cheese, fresh bread and mixed( a little heavy on green versus black) olives, but the mushrooms and escargot were not my style, with large mushrooms and chewy mollusks. We then split the Macadamia Encrusted NC Local Grouper, and this was one of the best fish dishes I've eaten in a long time. The Grouper had a spectrum of subtle flavors and was perfectly cooked, the Lobster & Vegetable Risotto was creamy,rich and melted in my mouth. Combined with the sweetness of the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Drizzle, this dish really knocked my socks off.
The service was also excellent with a knowledgeable, attentive waitress named Brandy.

The reason I rated this restaurant 4 instead of 5 stars was the escargot dish and the rather stiff prices for this particular area/market. The ambiance was appropriate, but I would have liked a Jazz/ torch singer type soundtrack on a sound system that piped the music discretely throughout the room without being intrusive. Minor details. As far as a meal, this was one of the better ones I've had on the Grand Strand, on a par with Frank's and Collectors.

• Visited September 2012