“Nothing to Write Home About”

Ryan's Grill Buffet & Bakery
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I'm truly not that picky, but I wasn't impressed by this restaurant. I don't expect a lot from an all you can eat buffet, but I do expect variety and hospitality. I got neither on my visit.

The main food choices were salad and salad fixings, fried chicken, pizza, and spaghetti. That was really it. No fish or beef.

The staff acted like I was in their way, and a complete inconvience to their work. It took me a half hour to get a diet coke.

The best part was dessert, but even that was limited.

I will avoid this location in the future unless I'm really hungry and desperate. Old Coutry Buffet or Golden Corral would be a better choice. Sorry Ryan's.

3  Thank ClaudeLW

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This restaurant is a regular for the fun times of my life!! The food is Very Good , and everyone can get as much of whatever you want. The salad bar is enormous and very fresh. It almost takes two huge tables, Some salads are made up and one table is everything you can imagine for you to mix up. The Seafood Salad is delicious!!. The cut fruit table is likewise, Wonderful.

Their Fried Chicken is delicious and your can hear the excitement of return guests taking it. The New Orleans Chicken is excellent. Hungry for Pot Roast...you'll love Ryans. There must be 20-30 other entrees, from Lazanna, to Tocos and from Southern Specialties to Northern Dishes. As it is 45 min from my house I eat there at Lunchtime..BUT I HEAR DINNER IS SPECTACULAR... YOU JUST CAN'T MISS!!

OH!I FORGOT THE DESERT BAR..Fresh Pecan Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, just baked Apple Pie
Cookies right out of the oven. Oh got to go..TO RYANS OF COURSE

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We recently were in North Myrtle Beach on vacation and went to Ryan's for dinner. We went by one evening at 8:30 and they were already closed, so we went back another evening. We went on a Thursday, which is family night, and it was pretty crowded but still no problem finding a seat. There was a lot of varitey in the food selection and it was all good. I would recommend this restaurant, especially for families.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We went to Ryan's, today, on Easter, as we were on vacation and after reading some reviews on here decided to give it a shot. It was a dinner buffet for $12.99, which was a good price for all of the food that was available including prime rib. The food was "good", average buffet style, nothing spectacular, but we didn't expect any more for the price. Staff was very friendly. I didn't have the prime rib, but my FIL said it was the dryest he's ever had. Okay food at a good price.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

It's my first time in Myrtle Beach and my sister told me about Ryan's. What a pleasant surprise. The food is great and reasonably priced. Service is fast and friendly. If you go between one and three your drink is included. I wish we had restaurants like Ryan's in Canada.