“Amaxing Burgers”
Review of River City Cafe

River City Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "It's all about the burger!" With seven Grand Strand locations this funky roadhouse is famous for great burgers, sandwiches, and appetizers. Bar service available, Dine-in or Carry-out, open daily at 11
Eastlake, Ohio
“Amaxing Burgers”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We ate lunch here on our last day in North Myrtle Beach. It is a fun & relaxing place to eat. We ate out on the back patio at a picnic table. The backside of the restaurant is on the intercoastal waterway which gives you a beautiful view & is fun for watching the boats go by. They do let people write on the picnic tables, place dollar bills everywhere & there are peanut shells on the floor. So.. if this kind of thing bothers you do not eat here. I find it rather laid back & fun. The menu has a large selection of burgers to choose from. My husband & I found both of our burgers to be very tasty & juicy. I did feel the food service was great. Our waittress was friendly & welcomomg. Would highly recommend eating here & will be back!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wouldn't Bother to Go Again”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This restaurant just seemed dirty. We sat inside and every inch of the place had been written on or had peanut debri. We wrote on the brown paper table cover to pass the time while we waited for our food. It just wasn't impressive. If you order a sandwich, it comes with nothing. So we both made our sandwiches a platter. The fries were mediocre as was the slaw tasteless. We could have easily done 1 platter and shared. My sandwich was tasty but not worth going back for again. Service seemed a little stretched (understaffed).

Columbus, Ohio
“Greasy Food, Greasy Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We sat on the back patio at a picnic table. It was warm and not much air was moving by the railing- there was, however a fan on the patrons under the roof. Peanuts everywhere- so those with allergies beware!
The table was a little grubby as it was outside and a picnic table. The bathroom was um gross and I may not have chosen to eat there if I had seen the bathroom before we ordered. I would NOT let my child play on their plastic toys in the waiting area- they looked gross.
I ate at a River City Cafe last year and I didn't recall it being so rundown. Guests are allowed to write all over the walls and tables and that kind of brings the ambiance down a few notches. The last visit also probably included some beers and this time it did not, so that could have been a factor as well.
Our server was ok, but seem troubled if we asked for anything- like he was on his way to do something else and we didn't seem to have his undivided attention. It took a little while for our burgers to come out and it obviously wasn't peak season, perhaps they were just exhausted from coming off of peak a few weeks ago. Burger was good, but really greasy. Fries were natural cut and just ok. Kids menu does offer applesauce as opposed to strictly fries, so that's a plus. I have nothing spectacular to say EXCEPT that my sweet tea had sugar collected at the bottom and I got grits of it in my teeth- just the way I like it!! So, there we have it.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The place was filty and smelled like garbage! Our service was horrible. I am not sure how it has so many good reviews on here.

Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummo!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Best burgers around! My husband got the Kitchen Sink burger and loved it!! Our servers were really good and kept up with our drinks. We loved the fact that you can write all over the walls there. Very fun!