“10/2012”

Golden Griddle Family Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 24, 2012

good food, good price, good service; really good pancakes. Minimal wait time. We will come back again

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The "Country Ham" was canned ham cooked on a grill. Country ham is salt cured ham. The rest of the meal was average at best.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I were visiting North Myrtle Beach for a very short vacation. We did a little research and found both the reviews and the location (nearby) appealing. We enjoyed our first morning's breakfast so much that we came again the next day.

We tried to come on our third and last morning but it looked like the wait was too long, so we visited a nearby chain restaurant. We were immediately seated there, but guesstimated that we would have received our food just as fast at the Golden Griddle. The Golden Griddle's pancakes and waffles were much more tasty than the chain restaurants, and less expensive, too. My husband really enjoyed his French toast (the first morning) and his omelet (the second morning.). He also enjoyed his hot tea in a carafe, which actually allowed for two cups, not just one from a small pot.

We will be coming back, even if we have to travel a bit to get there.

1  Thank Sue E
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Husband & I had breakfast here Oct 14th. I had the basic buttermilk pancakes, bacon & coffee & my husband had a Belgium waffle with bananas & pecans. Both meals were average in flavor, nothing special. The maple syrup was supposed to be hot but was room temperature. My husbands waffle was barely warm when brought to the table. The most outstanding part of our meal was our server who was attentive & friendly.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Last year when I visited this restaurant the food and service was wonderful. This year the food was lacking. It was cold and bland.

1  Thank TT J