“Great Find!”

Berry's Seafood Express Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Haw River, North Carolina
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We found this place by accident looking for ingredients to make a Lowcountry Boil. We stayed for lunch and enjoyed the grouper and triggerfish. You can pick the fish out of the case and have it prepared right there to eat at one of the small tables or take it to go. Talk about fresh!!! We started talking to the owner, Thayla and she told us about their Lowcountry Boil to go. We decided to let Berry's do the cooking: shrimp, clams, chicken, sausage, corn, potatoes cooked with wonderful spices. It was less expensive, no work(for us) and more than enough food for our crowd of a dozen people. Delicious! Homemade tartar sauce is good and the mustard sauce makes anything taste better. Also got a Key Lime Pie to complete the meal.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank ncdawgdoc

Blackstone, VA
“So worth stopping at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband is a seafood addict. We read the reviews about Berry's, and they are so right.... it is delicious. Between four of us, we spent less than $50, and were so full I thought we would have to roll ourselves away from the table... lol.
We opted for the dinners, two shrimp, one scallops, one whiting, and they were all grrat. Everything was fresh and seasoned just right. I LOVE the hushpuppies.
The people inside are wonderful as well... very friendly, funny, and they know their seafood.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Christy C
Atlanta, GA
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

We lucked upon this place. We were planning to dine at The Shack next door, but then I remembered the five star reviews I'd seen for Berrys, so I took a peek inside. Berry's reminded me of a takeout place home in Atlanta. The prices were right and the staff was friendly. The food was unbelievably good. If you're looking for takeout or an uber casual dining experience this is the place. Your stomach and wallet will thank you.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank RennyN30
Hinton, Canada
“Excellent seafood. Nothing else.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The seafood here is top notch. Might be best taken away, though. We were put off by the fact that water costs $1 with "no refills." (?!!) Fries are good, seasoned. Hush pups way too sweet. Quick service.

• Visited May 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“You Owe Yourself to Give this Place a Try!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

There are countless restaurants in and around MB that claim they serve the freshest fish,but really do they? My wife and I popped into Berry's Seafood on a Wednesday for a early lunch. When you walk in you will think you can only purchase seafood to go, but drift up to the glass case, pickup a menu and order what I believe you will think some of the best seafood on the strand. We have come to the Myrtle Beach area for most of our lives and are always searching for that special off the wall, local, just plain out good seafood joint. Well I think this is one of those. Our lunch was fantastic. It was fresh and cooked with a real desire to please us.
Berry's is small, certainly not fancy and only has 6 or 7 tables. The slaw, tartar sauce and cocktail sauce are all homemade and taste great. Have I mentioned the fish is fresh. I had a Flounder and Shrimp platter which included hush puppies and hand cut fries (outstanding) Both were lightly breaded and some of the best I have had. My wife had a Flounder sandwich which was huge.
Give this place a try, you will be happy and seafood satisfied.

Visited May 2013