“Great food”

Dining options: Breakfast
South Bend, Indiana
“Great food”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stopped in for lunch and we're glad we did. Large portions of delicious food. Get the chicken salad!

Visited March 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Not all that.”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Connoisseur of soul food here. I've been to all the pancake and seafood houses in Myrtle Beach and none of them serve true daily soul food specials dear to Southerner's hearts. This one is about the same. The "fried" chicken had some weird sort of grainy breading on it and was greasy. The vegetables (I had butterbeans, rice and gravy, and my daughter had corn and green beans) were not fresh and served lukewarm. Biscuits were homemade but very dry. Our server plain forgot our beverages and then didn't remember our order- and the place was fairly empty. It took about 20 minutes for our food to arrive so I was expecting everything to be fresh and hot. It was not. Cracker Barrel is better at soul food and it isn't my first choice- being a chain. I wouldn't go to The Shack again.

• Visited March 2014
Asheboro, North Carolina
“A great find”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We have driven past this place many times while vacationing in NMB, never giving it a second thought. While visiting family this past weekend,they suggested we try it. We were glad we did! We all tried the seafood and it was wonderful. We had some of the best deviled crabs we have ever had. The service was as great as their sweet tea :)

Visited March 2014
Michigan
“Once again, they deliver!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I try to stop at "The Shack" every time I'm in NMB (4-5 times/year) and it has always been worth the time and effort. This week I've visited for lunch and dinner and may be back again once more before I leave.

I always leave feeling appreciated as a customer. This is a "off time" of the year so it wasn't as packed as usual so it was even more enjoyable. I didn't feel pressured to eat as fast. As expected, the service was great, our waitress was friendly and efficient. Our food was delivered quickly, as ordered and tasty.

If you're in the Cherry Grove area of NMB and looking for a new place to visit give this a try.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank drlooper
New York
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I had driven past here many times and it has always been packed, This time, we decided to stop in for breakfast. The service was great- our waitress was awesome - really fast! There were the usual breakfast items and I decided to try the "loaded trash". It's a bowl of grits with sausage and bacon crumbled on it with an egg and some cheese (not a lot of cheese was on it). I really consider this a treat because this is what I like to eat for breakfast and it's kind of hard to find so I was a happy camper. It was just the right amount and the grits were cooked perfectly. My husband had two eggs, home fries and toast, which was cooked exactly the way he liked it - no complaints there. The decor is simple and the food is good. We'll make a point to stop by for lunch when we're in the area again.

• Visited January 2014