“Very good southern breakfast”

Tar Baby's Pancakes
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good southern breakfast”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I always make it a point to stop there and eat breakfast. I have never been dissapointed.i would highly recommend this place. The link sausage is the best. Its always where i stop when i leave the beach for home. Its a tradition.

1 Thank mrbeachbum1961

Maryville, Tennessee
“Nice local restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here twice. Once off the menu, and once eating the buffet. The menu was much better, and the buffet was 24 bucks for two people. Nice waitresses, and we liked the place. If you are tipping, give it straight to the waitress. I caught the bus boy ( chase )stealing tips from the table. He was using the napkins to pick up the money and put it in his pocket then he would shuffle off with the dirty dishes nad then visit the bathroom. It was sad for the waitresses that work so hard.

• Visited October 2012
“May have been better 20 years ago”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have eaten at this restaurant in the past but this trip was the worst ever. We were seated in the back of the restaurant and the buffet was the main reason we were interested in eating breakfast. We were shuffled to the far end of the restaurant because we had a child in a high chair. We waited forever for the waitress to take our order and then another 30 mins to receive our food. (It was not busy at all) I never got a refill on my sweet tea and when I did the waitress gave me a major attitude. (If you don't like your job, get another one).. The tables and floor were disgusting and the entire restaurant needs a deep clean. The food was good, but how hard is it to mess up bacon and eggs, and grits.
I would rather eat at a fast food location.

• Visited September 2012
Aiken, South Carolina
“A real down to earth southern pancake hose that is not PC”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The name of the restaurant comes from the original owner. After reading the original story of bear rabbit and the tar baby in dialect I found myself to be the recipient if a free breakfast. Great waitress and fun place to have breakfast with a group of your best friends. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Inkblot_doc
Brockville, Canada
“Belly Buster!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This place isn't fancy, but the buffet is terrific (as were the menu breakfast). All the items were hot and fresh and they kept it coming from the kitchen. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, ham, bacon, biscuits, sweet rolls, etc, etc... The service was friendly, but a bit laid back.
The title tells how I felt when I left. I will absolutely return on our next visit to Myrtle Beach.

• Visited September 2012