“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station

T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station
More attraction details
Owner description: T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station is quite possibly the country's only FREE living tiger museum. Located inside Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, SC, it offers families the opportunity to see tigers up close, through glass, absolutely free of charge. For those interested in meeting a tiger or an ape in person, we offer (for a fee)the opportunity to pose with one of the animal ambassadors for a photo. The animals spend only a couple hours per day, in the late afternoon, at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station and funding generated from our photos and gift shop sales help support various wildlife conservation projects we conduct worldwide through our Rare Species Fund. We are open from mid-March to mid-October and hours of operation can be found by calling our listed telephone number.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This is an awesome opportunity! It is a little pricey but well worth it and it goes to a great cause. Only thing I would like is if we had a little more time with the tigers.

1 Thank Candi7376

Clinton, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The interactions with the animals was unlike anything I ever could have imagined. The staff was perfect, the photography was great, and the snacks were delicious. It was expensive, but worth every penny spent! And Kody was adorable!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kathy p
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Really cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

A little pricey but getting to hold a baby tiger was awesome! The money paid is used for the tigers anyway so it's not so bad.

1 Thank Miner8245
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“SAFARI - Expensive, but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We travel to MB every Labor Day and have done the TIGERS photos at Barefoot, but have always wanted to do the safari experience so this year we did! It is pretty expensive, $219/per person plus tax if you get the Sunny Day Coupon off of their site. It lasts about 3 hours and BEWARE it is HOT HOT HOT!!! I would recommend going during a month that isn't too sweltering because remember it is in the south. I think that was what made the tour uncomfortable at certain points because you are outside 90% of the time and they recommend you do not wear shorts. This is definitely a once in a lifetime experience. You get to play with tiger cubs and a lynx cub as well! They were all so adorable. The only thing I didn't like was that it seemed very rushed. Everyone sits in a big circle on a large deck and the cubs are passed from group to group and they rotate about 4 or 5, but you only get each one for a minute tops while they snap photos. The tour is scripted, so they do little bits, but also very informative and definitely a thrill for the kids! I would without a doubt purchase the photo disc, although it is expensive ($125+tax) it is worth it. We didn't purchase the DVD because it isn't just of your group, it is of everyone and I read reviews that it wasn't too worth it. The photo CD has over 100 pictures on it and memories that will last a lifetime. I was also very disappointed we didn't get to see the elephant at all. We saw the cubs, the lynx, bearcat, liger, the large tigers, a falcon, and a cheetah. They give you snacks 2x during the tour, but the first time you are already so hot that the tiny little teacups for water and ice tea did no justice. You will for sure be refilling a bunch of times! The second snack stop at the end of the tour was much better with an array of finger foods and beverages. All in all it was a wonderful experience, I just wish it didn't feel so rushed.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank cbleeker87
Cary, North Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AWESOME MEOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is so awesome to be able to hold a 3 month old tiger!!! We also got to each hold a 3 year old orangatang! The tigers are so sleek, huge, and will rush the glass wall if they see a dog walking by. Totally awesome! Thankful these folks are trying to preserve the Golden Tabby Tigers. Completely unique experience for animal lovers.

1 Thank Barbara C