“Love, Love Love......baby tigers....what else can you say!!!!”

T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station
More attraction details
Owner description: T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station is quite possibly the country's only FREE living tiger museum. Located inside Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach, SC, it offers families the opportunity to see tigers up close, through glass, absolutely free of charge. For those interested in meeting a tiger or an ape in person, we offer (for a fee)the opportunity to pose with one of the animal ambassadors for a photo. The animals spend only a couple hours per day, in the late afternoon, at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station and funding generated from our photos and gift shop sales help support various wildlife conservation projects we conduct worldwide through our Rare Species Fund. We are open from mid-March to mid-October and hours of operation can be found by calling our listed telephone number.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The hours were a bit weird, 6pm - 9pm, but it was what it was. My daughter had the time of her life. Getting your picture with the baby tiger and the baby white bengal tiger made her day. She is 25 so she isn't a little girl but she has always loved all animals and this was a great experience for her. Next time we hope to go the bigger reserve and take the tour. It is a bit expensive but I didn't mind since it goes to help with the baby animals they support.

2  Thank kduda64284
in 12 reviews
"well taken care"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

After seeing many ads for this free tiger encounter members of our party really wanted to check it out. We drove specifically for this "free experience" which is basically visiting their store front in Barefoot Landing. There are a few animals in cages and you can get a picture with them for a fee or purchase tickets for the full experience. If you are already in the area check it out and see the adorable babies!!! If you are looking for a free tiger encounter it is not worth the travel time just to see a couple baby animals behind a glass wall.

4  Thank Whitney P
MBSafari, Manager at T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your interest in T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station. The "FREE" exhibit at Preservation Station is quite possibly the only location in the country where the general public can view tigers absolutely free of charge. While many people decide to take a photo with the animals, it is not required and no one will push it upon you. We have many guests who say that their visit to Preservation Station is the highlight of their trip and many people who come to Barefoot on a nightly basis, during their stay in Myrtle Beach, simply to watch the tigers through the glass.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a fun place if you love animals!
Don't go before 6pm because they don't bring the tigers from the preservation until then. It's too hot for them.
The prices are like this for the pictures : It's $79 - tiger OR a monkey, $99 for both a monkey and a tiger. You get one picture but it's a nice souvenir. You can also get all the pictures on a cd for $45. Remember all the money goes to the Preservation, so if you think it's expensive, think that you're donating them for the animals.
You cannot request certain tigers for the picture, they are on a feeding schedule and they rotate them for pictured. The conditions of the cages are ok, you can tell they take good care of the animals.
There are other animals for display only that you can see up close.
It's a great experience overall, especially when you pet and hold the animals. The monkey with the diaper usually hughs everybody! <3

1  Thank Roxana M
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We took our 6 year old. We knew the price ahead of time so we didn't care. A lot of people were surprised about the price. It's $79 +tax to have your picture taken with tiger OR a monkey. It's $99+tax to have one picture taken with both a monkey and a tiger. You get ONE 8x10 of your choice. You can buy additional pictures for $20 a sheet or the photo cd for like $80, also you can pick and choose pictures for the cd so it's a little cheaper. My daughter loved it. We all got to hold the monkey and they sat the tiger on me and my daughters laps. It is very quick, they have a system so the animals don't get "fussy." But we were on vacation and it was something we really wanted to do. You can see the animals in their cages for free. I read a few complaints about the cages they are kept in. They are small cages. The animals are brought in from the "reserve" so they are locked in these cages for 3 hours. The workers clean the cages and sweep them out before bringing the animals in. It was worth it for my family.

1  Thank 4emz