Message from TripAdvisor:

“Great stay, Great Staff”

Atlantic Breeze Ocean Resort, Oceana Resorts
Longs, South Carolina
“Great stay, Great Staff”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This was the perfect place for our family to stay for my daughters wedding. The pool and beaches were great. Friendly staff, very comfortable rooms. It was just a ggod time for everyone.

• Stayed August 2010
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Atlantic Breeze Ocean Resort, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, September 22, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you choose our resort for your daughters wedding and that it was perfect. I am happy to read that everyone had a good time and I hope that your daughter and son-in-law will come back and stay with us for the 1-year anniversary.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We returnned again this summer after our first visit in 2008. Our first visit we fell in love with the beach and the size of our suite. This time around the impression of the beach remained but the resort had slipped.

We are just a family of four and stayed in a three bdrm suite. With the pull out and two queens in one of the rooms the suite could accommadate as many as ten people. However even though we did not do a lot of cooking the suite came with one small frying pan. We requested another frying pan and were told a flat out "NO". We made due, but if you plan on doing any cooking you many want to pack an addition pan.

The other thing that was annoying is there late check out fee of $15.00 per hr. I have travelled enough to know that a request for a late check out cannot always be accommadated due to incoming guests. When I asked for a late check out I was initially happy when they said I could check out at 2pm. I was then told that this would only be possible if I agreed to pay the $15. per hr from 11am-2pm. To use the late check out fee as another source of revenue seems petty in light of the fact that I had spent over a $1000. to stay six nights. To me this is something that if it can be accommadated is a much appreciated added value, but to be told yes you can check out late but it will cost you leaves a bad taste.

As for our suite it could use a new coat of paint with all the scuff marks on the wall. Aside from the pettiness it is still a good property and an excellent beach.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you and your family came back to stay with us again this year. However, I am sorry that the kitchen wasn’t properly stocked and that the staff didn’t get you the items that you requested. The check out policy has been the same since the resort opened in 2008. I am sorry that this wasn’t explained to you properly. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again next year.

Hancock Md
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We had a very nice time while at Atlantic Breeze. The suite was very nice and clean. The view of the beach was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The only problem we had was getting towels and supplies the first couple of days. I think they were very busy getting rooms ready after checkouts. The location is out of the way and quiet. The resort could use some more amnemities like a snack shop or restaurant. It also could improve on the swimming areas but overall it was a very good stay and we would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your suite and that the staff was very friendly. I am sorry that the housekeeping staff didn’t stock your room properly on your first day. I hope that this was taken care of the next day. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you visit the Grand Strand.

Frederick, MD
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Just back from a trip to NMBeach. Have stayed at many properties there and Atlantic Breeze delivered good value and a decent location. Room was comfortably furnished and clean but, oddly, sparsely decorated. Seemed a little sterile but that's better than not sterile enough! Pool is a bit small as well. Check-in and parking are a little confusing but you get past that quickly. Staff was very nice. You might do better in the NMBeach area but it will probably cost considerable more money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that our resort delivered with a good value and the decent location. I am happy that you liked the furnishing and that the staff was nice. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We canceled our planned trip to Panama City Beach due to oil spill concerns (I know, but we had to plan this trip well before we knew that nothing really came on shore there). Picked the Atlantic Breeze in the hopes that it would be comparable to the PC condo hotels. I read some of the negative reviews and was a bit on edge, but was very pleasantly surprised! The hotel and staff were really very nice and we had a great stay for 7 days. The beach is great, the water nice and there is quite a bit to do in the N. Myrtle Beach area as long as you have transportation.
All in all a great value for the money!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you still came and stayed with us even though you had read some negative reviews and that you were pleasantly surprised by the resort. I am glad that the staff was very nice and that you enjoyed the beach. I hope that you will come back and stay with us.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Great stay. The pictures on the internet was everything it said it was and more. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I am planning on come back and staying there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you had a great stay and that the pictures of the internet properly portray our resort. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you visit South Carolina.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We rented a three bedroom condo at the Atlantic Breeze the week of 7/24/10. We had called ahead to make sure they accept the 10 % AAA discount (which we heard about in an email sent to us from the Altantic Breeze confirming our stay ) and we were told that they did. Upon checking in, we were told that we already received a discounted rate and they were unable to honor the AAA discount. I was very disappointed by this because I joined AAA the week before we left specifically for this discount.

The parking is free and the first 4 levels of the resort is the parking garage. The spots are pretty narrow but it is nice to be able to park right at the resort. It was always easy to find a spot.

Our three bedroom unit was large enough to accomodate three couples very comfortably...although the bedrooms are not very big. The master bedroom had a queen bed, two nightstands, TV, dresser, full-length mirror, walk-in closet (with an ironing board, iron and a vacuum), a large bathroom (with a hair dryer) and it's own entrance to the balcony. Bedroom 2 had two queen beds, a nighstand, desk, dresser, large bathroom (with hair dryer), TV and a full-length mirror. Bedroom 3 was smaller with one queen bed, nightstand, dresser and a smaller bathroom (with hair dryer) with a stand-up glass shower. The furnishings were very nice, loved the flat screen TVs in every room and there was also a large, very nice dining room table. The kitchen had granite countertops and nice appliances. The light fixtures and door handles were also very nice. The walls did have some scuff marks like the previous reviews state, but I didn't think it looked bad at all. The scuff marks are hard to avoid with everyone moving suitcases in at out all the time. In some of the photos that were posted with other reviews, the living room area of the condo looked really narrow, but in person it was not narrow at all. The unit also had a washer and dryer.

The condo did smell a little moldy/musty upon arrival and the vents up near the ceiling actually had a little mold growing around them. They frequently dripped water during our stay.

The balcony floor needed a good powerwashing as it appeared pretty grimy but the view was great! There are no tables on the balconies, only little plastic chairs.

The beach was great at resort! When the tide is out (which was every afternoon) the beach is very long! The resort is in a good location in N. Myrtle Beach, not too crowded. About a 5 min walk each way down the beach led to very crowded, busy beaches. At some spots there were 4-5 rows of beach tents, umbrellas and chairs...had a spring break type of feel. There is parasailing and banana boating (which we LOVED) right off of the beach about a 10 min walk from from the resort. We found it very convenient to just walk down there instead of having to drive somewhere else and waste time.

The pool area was also bigger than it looked in pictures. There were plenty of lounge chairs available throughout the day. They don't allow you to save chairs with your towels, so that helps with the lounge chair availability. We didn't spend much time at the pool because the water was pretty cold. Half of the pool is under the parking garage so the water doesn't get a lot of sun. It was nice to jump into to cool off from the beach though. There is a little Italian Ice stand set up by the pool, it was very good! There is also a kiddie pool, two hot tubs and a lazy river.

We didn' t have housekeeping clean the room during our week stay, we washed the towels ourselves, took our trash to the trash chutes and bought our own toiletpaper.

Between all of our family members that attended this vacation, we rented three condos at the Atlantic Breeze (two 3 bedrooms and a 2 bedroom). All of the two bedrooms units are ocean view (I believe), but both bedrooms have their own balconies. The three bedrooms units are all oceanfront (I believe). All three units were decorated exactly the same.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Atlantic Breeze and would stay there again. We normally go to the Gulf, but had to change our plans this year due to the oil.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to such a detailed review. I know that many people will appreciate the time you put into writing this review. First, I would like to apologize to you for not being able to use your AAA discount. On certain rate plans the staff isn’t allowed to add additional discounts. The staff should have looked up your reservation before telling you would able to receive a discount. Second, I am glad that you found the rooms were large enough to accommodate everyone you had staying in the room. It is unfortunate that the rooms get so beat up during the summer month. Let me assure that our staff is always working on getting the rooms repainted and spruced up for the next guest. I am happy that you enjoy the view from your balcony and that the beach wasn’t as crowded. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.