“I would stay there again”

Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Ridgeley, WV
“I would stay there again”
Reviewed October 27, 2009

It was clean, staff were friendly. Maintenance was a little slack, but that could have been due to it being the off-season. We had an oceanfront room; it was a bit small, but fine for just the two of us. A no problem stay, all in all. In comparison to the other properties on that block, this was a smaller hotel, but seemed to have more amenities. And prettier - the palm trees and landscaping were nice.

There are some nice places to eat and drink nearby. Hoskins Restaurant was always busy, and the OD Arcade and Lounge was a great place to hang out.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linder24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Chicago
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Our room was clean and the staff was friendly...location was almost perfectt...walking distance to a number of restaurants and bars...and of cource miles and miles of beaches!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2009

My husband really enjoyed our stay at this resort. The room was clean and we enjoyed swimming in the ocean and the pool. The staff was friendly. We stayed in the oceanfront room with a King bed. My only recommendation is more comfy mattresses. Everything else was great. Housekeeping was wonderful in keeping our room clean and lots of towels. Having a kitchenette worked out well for us. The view from our balcony was great. Taxi services to restaurants if you need it.

1 Thank travelzgr8
Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This was my third visit, and each time my opinions on the OD Resort have declined somewhat.
First off, the location is fantastic, but for the price, it just is not a good value. Rooms are small, but clean. One of my concerns was with Housekeeping. On our first day, they didn't even get to our room until 4pm, and at that point I told them not to bother, as my Wife had called and asked for clean towels. They did get better as the week went on though. Another issue are the slow drains in the bathroom tub, and the kitchen sink. Also, you better be REAL quick on your feet when an elevator opens, as the doors close quickly. Another issue, not a big deal though, there was rust on the side of the Refrigerator. For the price they charge, they should update the furnishings more often.
One more thing, if you plan on using their wireless Internet, you better be very patient. My connection was weak (I tried two different computers) and it was always getting disconnected. I got tired of the grief, and thankfully had a 3G card.
Don't get me wrong, the OD is an OK place, in a good location, but just some advice from a frequent visitor. You will do better off getting a Condo somewhere in NMB. You will have more room and you can probably get it for the same price.

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We had a room for a few days in May before the startup of tourist season. The property was well maintained. We had an oceanfront efficency with a balcony. Yes, the room is a bit small but we have no kids so it was no problem. It was clean and comfortable.

It's located away from a lot of the heavy congestion of Myrtle Beach and yet close to major attractions. There are a few good restaurants and shops within walking distance as well.

The stay overall was very nice. As the weekend approached however, and more guests checked in, the place took on more of a party atmosphere then I would expect at a "resort". Above our room there were a bunch of kids (early 20's) blasting music, smoking pot, and hitting on every female that came within 20 feet of them. I did complain about the smell of the weed which was coming in our room through the AC vents. It still smelled pretty bad a half hour later. I guess if you have 3-4 young people paying for one room, their perspective is a bit different than a couple who pays the same amount looking for a little R&R.

The hotel itself is fine and I would stay there again. I guess you will run into rude/loud....etc guests pretty much everywhere. The reason we stay in North Myrte beach is to try and get away for a nice quiet vacation. If a place like this upped their minimal rental age a bit it would be great. I know that's not being realistic....I'm just saying.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
fort meade, md
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I have stayed at other beach hotels that stunk and sand was everywhere, but this was not the case. The hotel is well kept and clean. We had a suite, which was 2 rooms -one king and one double with 2 tvs. Also a fridge and sink- the kitchen was stocked with utinsils, etc. The bed and pillows were comfortable and I woke up rested. The view was fantastic, the staff friendly, and there is easy access to the beach. My kids loved the pool and lazy river which was great after a day in the sand. I am not easily impressed, but I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Myrtle. We spent 3 nights and got the 4th night free.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
taylorsville nc
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Paid for OF room for 2 nights and was very dissatisfied with what we got for the money. Very small room with no baclony and mattress on the floor.
Our room also had 2 double adjoining doors to the next room and we could hear our neighbors eating chips. After being told they could do nothing except maybe upgrading to another room next day...no promises we got 1 nights deposit back and left. They could have cared less...no way I would stay here again!!!

3 Thank sam55TaylorsvilleNc

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#6 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#13 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#19 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!