“weekend getaway”

Ranked #17 of 52 Hotels in North Myrtle Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“weekend getaway”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arrived Friday afternoon, went to the pool area and found a local "transient" lounging in the
hot tub. He proceeded to peel off his sun burnt skin into the hot tub!!!! Needless to say, we were not the only couples who got to witness this. He came back later to freshen up in the hot tub, again. Only after paying customers complained, they sent him away. I don't foresee us returning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

For the money this resort is a good value. It was clean and the location is perfect. You can even walk to a few restaurants and shops. The pool area needed some attention, but overall the resort is acceptable.

• Stayed June 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with my 3 year old adn myhusband over father's day weekend. The front desk was alright, they weren't happy to be at their jobs, but they were pleasnant enough. The room was ok, a bit dark, but it suited our needs. Trying to sleep in the room was a WHOLE other story. The walls are paper thin. We heard the people in the neighboring room come back to the hotel around 2am. I heard their conversations as well as them using the bathroom, laughing, and generally carrying on until about 4am. Not only did we hear our neighbors, but the noise from the street was very loud (think ambulances, people walking home from bars, etc.) Needless to say, my huasband and I were exhausted the next day.

The next day, we went back to the room around 11:30 to put our son down for a nap and it was during the time the hotel staff was cleaning rooms. Everytime they openened a door, the door would slam shut and our walls would shake. My husband said it sounded like artillery he heard in Iraq and Afghanistan. Our son didn't sleep long due to all of the noise. The second night we were all dreading going to sleep. The second night was worse than the first. There were a large group of recently graduated high school seniors satying next to us and they all slammed the door every time they went in or out. They were up drinking all night, screaming, jumpung, hitting the walls, and just carrying on. My husband asked them several times to please keep it down because he knew they were under age and that they had illegal substances and he told them they didn't want the police to show up. They would calm down for about 30 minutes, then start up again. Finally we called the front desk and the front desk told us they would take care of it. Well nothing was taken care of. Our son did not sleep well due to the noise and the shaking walls. The next morning, at 630 we were all awake, only to find the kids still up drinking/partying. They were hanging off teh balcony at 630 in the morning drinking cans of Bud Light. We wanted to just get out of there and go home.

At check-out we infomred the front desk of all the problems we had with the kids next door and their response was "there is nothing we can do about it...what they do it their room is their business." They implied that we should be thankful that it wasn't more kids carrying on since it was senior week at the beach. We were told to call the manager during the week to see if we could get our money back. I have called several times and left messages, however no one has called me back. I spoke to the front desk this afternoon and asked if they knew when the manager would be in and was told that the manager does not clear his schedule with the front desk.

Bottom line: DO NOT STAY HERE. Fine another place to stay with friendlier and more accomodating staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Daniela D

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this resort one other time, about two years ago. I wasn't that impressed with the room the first time around, but it wasn't so bad that I wouldn't stay here again, which led to our recent visit. We love North Myrtle and we were in town for a concert at the House of Blues, so this was a perfect location. We had an oceanfront room with a king size bed. We were on the 9th floor right across from the elevators. This was a perfect location. It seemed like our room had been recently remodeled because everything was so clean. The furniture didn't have any nicks in it, the tub surround and shower curtain were spotless (things you don't always find in a 3 star beach resort). There was a full size refrigerator which was a nice suprise as I was expecting a dorm size fridge. This meant we could actually make ice and freeze things. The front desk staff was very nice. The common areas and pool area were also clean. The access to the beach is so easy. And at night you can walk to several bars and eateries right on Main Street. Very convenient.

The only thing that keeps me from giving this resort an excellent rating is our experience at hotel's bar\grill. My husband went in there one afternoon to purchase a beverage for each of this. He returned to our spot on the beach after a long wait empty handed. When I asked what happened he explained that he walked up to the bar and waited at least 5 minutes without even being acknowledge by the bartender. She did have a few customers but didn't make eye contact with him, didnt' say "I will be with you just as soon as I can." Nothing. So he left. An hour or so later I went with him to see if maybe the situation was better or he was exaggerating. There were maybe 4 or 5 other people waiting at the bar. There was one bartender but another person (seemed like a manager) came in to help. When another patron ordered a fronzen drink (from the advertised list of all of the frozen drinks the place offers), he looked like a deer in the headlights. He did eventually make their drinks, although it took forever. He then took our order, which did include a frozen drink. He turned us over to the bartender who seemed put out that she had to make a drink for me. My husband had just ordered a mixed drink, which was made quickly. But mine took so long my husband had long finished his drink by the time mine even arrived. Needless to say we weren't going to take a chance on ordering food when we got hungry later.

Room Tip: Stay in the middle of the building near the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarenPinNC
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall good room, don't like all the tile in the floor. Became slippery. Guest from other units through cigarette buds down on our balcony, burning some of our towels that were out there drying. Could have easily caused a fire. Hotel needs to install smoke detectors on the balconies to catch smokers. There was even smoking at the pool. I found that to be unbearable so I went in to the beach. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Location, one if the best. Within walking distance to some great restaurants. I had a great time overall.

• Stayed June 2013
Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I try to always find something to compliment a place I stay on..so here goes....Location is great if you want to walk to the beach clubs and not drive....good shopping area off Ocean Drive and Duffy's Seafood Shack food was pretty good.....at the resort the main grounds...entrance..elevators.... indoor pool area...good...floors were constantly being swept, mopped, etc. and pool bathrooms clean...hot tub in the indoor pool area was only lukewarm and dispite their attempts to heat it up...wasn't hot....outdoor pool and hottub were okay...hottub..while hot was full of sand and yuck...two jets didn't seem to be working properly...so didn't get in it but once...pool was just okay..lazy river was full of sand and not much fun.....
Room was okay..but prices I thought were too high for what you got....Stephanie our housekeeper was awesome! Kept us in clean towels and our room was clean..but it is very narrow...was hard getting from the front door to the front living/kitchette area with a couple of people passing....very tiny kitchenette and small undercounter fridge didn't hold much..if you bring groceries..get a bigger room with a bigger kitchen...bathroom sink area was a single sink and was tiny and shower/toilet area was too..oh..btw..our tub water control was backwards..hot is cold and cold is hot...had to call front desk to find this out....trying to get several women ready was a juggling act...our room was only suited for 2-3 people but boost sleeping up to 6...would be way too crowded with luggage, beach chairs, etc..not alot of places to stash anything away....I slept in a murphy bed in living/dining area..while bed was comfortable it only had sheets and a very wornout..but clean blanket..no duvet or bedspread....it was freezing cold in there while the back bedroom wasn't as cool. my room had the air controls for the whole room.....so I froze while the other gals were comfortable..needs dual air conditioning to adjust temp to suit everyone.......balconies are average size...room cost was not great but it was the location that sold it.....we had stayed there before years ago and I can' t remember anything remarkable about it then....but then the Tiki Bar area was not as great as I remember it was the last time I stayed.....had no entertainment all weekend or music goijg.....used to have someone playing music..just a bar area...didn't utilize it either...
The boast having the Spanish Galleon nightclub there which has a very nice with a extra large dance floor and sitting area..but they charge guest 10 bucks to get in..and ladies didn't even get comped in....but it .had a good band one night The Entertainers ..we went but the crowd was small...I guess since they charged ladies everyone 10 bucks to get in..most spent their time and money at Fat Harolds or Ducks just down the street...which happily admitted ladies free and only charged men 5 bucks...

There are alot of other condos in the vicinity that look nice and I think next visit I would check into one of them and rent them from a condo rental agency or use home away or VBRO.com and get a condo with more room for 4 ladies to spread out....parking is good if you don't leave...you can walk to most anything...dining...shopping...etc.
All in all.....just an okay place to stay....

Room Tip: Look at layouts when selecting rooms and pay careful attention to the kitchette size you want..suite...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JanGeorgia
Browns Summit, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Despite tropical storm Andrea coming thru, had a good stay. The staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. Kudos to the cleaning staff. Very convenient to restaurants and bars. Everything you need is within walking distance. Nice pool area and beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Myrtle Beach
Avista Resort
Avista Resort
#5 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
The Prince Resort
The Prince Resort
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Center
Bay Watch Resort & Conference Ce...
#7 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#12 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Ocean Reef Resort
Ocean Reef Resort
#17 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Ocean Drive Beach and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!