“Good value for North Myrtle Beach area”

Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Good value for North Myrtle Beach area”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed in a 2 queen room on the 4 th floor in Dec. Beds are just like all Hamptons and comfortable. Room is fine, with desk, chair, but just needs to be refurbished a bit. Indoor swimming pool right across from elevators. Breakfast was the regular Hampton buffet. Coffee is always available on the 1st fl. It is right across from a condo on the harbor but we had a parking lot view. Front desk staff was friendly. You have to physically check out at the front desk on departure. Location is just off Highway 17 and 9 and convenient for North Myrtle Beach. Rates are lower than other Hamptons so is good value for the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experiences with us regarding your recent stay. We appreciate the great feedback. I have shared your comments with the staff they are very pleased.Thank you for your patronage and we hope that your next trip to North Myrtle Beach that we will see you!

Hampton Inn Harbourgate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The staff was out of this world first class. Sadly, that's where the good news ends. The property is in need of some TLC.
One thing that bothered me, TINY ROOM, and no fridge. Seriously, I have been in larger rooms at the Motel 6. Unacceptable....
Exercise room was closed for renovation. This SHOULD have been communicated as I would have booked another property that had a working gym.
Two subpar Hampton experinces in a row now. I hope this isn't the start of a pattern. I do love the Hilton chains, but things need to change

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Iowacane
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We appreciate the wonderful comments regarding the staff and they were very happy to hear that they were out of this world. We also appreciate the feedback regarding the room and fitness center. We apologize that you were not imformed before arrival that the fitness room was under renovation. We are now pleased to say that the fitness room is back running and ready for use by our guests. I hope that this experience does not deter you from staying at Hampton Inn in the future. Thank you again for your patronage.

Travelers are raving about these North Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have stayed at this Hapton Inn several times over the last few years and I'll be back. The staff is friendly and the hotel is clean. Breakfast was good. I really enjoyed the whirlpool tub in my room, nothing better than a nice whirlpool bath after a long car ride. This location is quiet but convenient. There is a local winery nearby with events year round. Filet's restaurant at the marina next door has excellent food.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the elevator at the center of the hotel have less hall traffic and are generally...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your wonderful experiences at our property. I have shared your responses with my staff. They love to hear the good from our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share this review and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to North Myrtle Beach.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2012

There were definitely some good workers, such as robin, jeanine and shirley that I encounted. There were some questionable ones I believe Kristi ( something similar) and a Kim I believe. Being that I have hilton experience I know what is expected at a hilton property. Before arrival I requested a King size bed which I was already originally booked for 2 queen sized beds non smoking, at arrival they placed me in 2 dbl beds smoking luckily smoking wasnt an issue for us, I asked if a king size was available being that it was me and my husband staying and would rather not sleep in a full size bed. The agent then told me that she did have king size beds available but she had HHonors members checking in that would possibly want these two beds but she didnt know for sure so we could either stay in 2 doubles smoking or move to the same room non smoking... So basically we were denied a King bed because they had some members that already booked for a room type but might change their mind at arrival... So that was very disappointing. After check- in we notice a few ants outside the room door but it was only a few on the first night so it wasnt that big of a deal. The next night we returned from dinner and there were ALOT of ants all over the door knobs falling on us when we opened the room door, we call down to front desk to get maintenance, she then offers to move us to a King bed which was WAYY to late because we were checking out the next morning. My husband was irate. No one told us the pool was not heated even though I called to ask about it, neither did they inform any websites that the fitness center was closed upon booking. I expected better service and customer satisfaction from a hotel that is in an attracion area. But at least the internet worked and the rooms were fairly clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. I’ll be sure to correct the issues you mentioned with our staff. However, the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. If there is anything I can do for you, please feel to contact me directly. Thank you for your review.

Sanford, Florida
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel while visiting an ill family member who was in Seacoast Hospital. The hotel was conveniently located about 5 minutes away. The staff was nice as was the hotel. The only issue we saw while there was that the property was undergoing some renovations but otherwise our room was nice and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful reviews of our property. We understand that renovations can sometimes be an Inconvenience for guests we are excited for the outcome. I have shared your comments with the staff and they are thrilled that we made you feel welcome and have a great stay. If your future travels bring you back to North Myrtle Beach please stop back and see us. Thank you again for your patronage.

All the best,

North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have always been a huge fan of Hampton Inns in general, but this one far surpassed my expectations! The front desk staff was so courteous and helpful. Brandy, General Manager, has an outstanding personality and it is easy to tell she enjoys her job. Her staff was well trained and was very welcoming after a long and exhausting trip. The kids loved the chocolate chip cookies and the adults appreciated the coffee provided in the lobby.
North Myrtle Beach's Hampton Inn has helped set the standard for quality.

Room Tip: Great restaurants close by!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I appreciate the wonderful comments regarding my staff and I and have shared this review with the staff. The staff was pleased to hear the good feedback! It's nice to hear the positive from our guests. If your future travels bring you back to a hotel in North Myrtle Beach please stop back and see us! We love having you here. Thank you again for your patronage!

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We checked in on Saturday 1st September. The hotel is located in a convenient location-North Myrtle Beach is a 5 minute drive and Myrtle Beach is about 15 minutes away. Initially, We were favorably impressed by the reception staff and the appearance of the hotel.

We were given a room on the third floor.Having entered the room, we noticed that the carpet was soaking wet. Upon further investigation and a check from the maintenance guy, the wall separating the bathroom and the beds was also found to be fairly drenched. And we had to check into a new room. This was done pretty efficiently and without delay. The second room was fine except for an excessively loud level of noise from the air-con unit. It was so loud I actually had to switch it off during the night.

On Sunday evening, we get back to the hotel at 8PM to find it in a state of near complete darkness and hundreds of gallons of water flowing out of a pipe near the car parking. The electricity is out-no light in our room or the corridors and no air-con. It appeared that the sprinkler system had activated on the second floor covering the corridors in water. The hotel staff helped us to locate to another Hampton Inn hotel which was fine. As far as I know all guests left the hotel and went home or to alternative lodging. This is at 9-10PM on a Sunday night and the night before Myrtle Beach. You can imagine the chaos at the reception!

While the staff were always and unfailingly helpful and friendly and the breakfast was great (but for a tiny dining area), I have to say that this hotel needs to radically improve its performance. In 20 years of extensive travel across three continents, I have never seen the kind of maintenance and technical problems that I saw in this hotel.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor-Go and stay somewhere else in N. Myrtle Beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank hoxha
Brandy N, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Myrtle Beach - Harbourgate, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our property. We strive to create a wonderful experience for all of our guests; sometimes it is a bit more challenging than others and we thank you for being so understanding. I apologize for the unfortunate events that took place this past weekend. We appreciate your comments and I will be sharing them with the staff. We use all of our guest feedback as learning opportunities to know what we are doing well as well as what we can improve on. I thank you again for staying with us and we would love for you to give us another chance. Thanks again for sharing!