“Awesome and reliable Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Umberto's

Umberto's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Butler, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome and reliable Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

When in Myrtle Beach...eat at Umberto's. The food is consistantly outstanding and the 3 course standard appetizers are a generous, delicious treat. Nothing is basic here. One can tell that the chef staff takes pride in it's flavors from the sauces, to the doneness of the steaks and chops to the freshness of the seafood. We try to mix it up and try other restaurants in the area, but few compare to the quality and value at Umberto's.

• Visited November 2013

Sharon
“Surprise Italian SC YUM via Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

A relative of a friend recommended checking out this restaurant--so glad we did. What an amazing place--definitely worth a repeat visit or 2 or 3. Food was quality, fresh and well prepared. The 1st course is a bread and family style beans and greens--think of a white pasta fagoli --but amped up. Bread is amazing as well. The server actually printed out the bean recipe for me to replicate at home. 2nd course, basic tomato/onion/cucumber salad with homemade dressing. Main course for me was veal marsala and roasted potatoes. Every mouthful, a joy. Got take away boxes for every course, so will have wonderful dinner the next night. Dessert and coffee--the coffee--WOW! No bite and no aftertaste--just COFFEE! Put this on your travel plan when visiting SC.

• Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best meal I had in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Went to 4 different restaurants on my recent golf trip to Myrtle BEach. Umberto's was far and away the best. Their chops are fabulous (pork, veal or lamb). I had a mixed grill chop meal with 1 lamb chop and one pork chop. My friend had the veal chops. All the chops are over an inch thick and very well prepared. I was unable to finish my entire meal.

• Visited October 2013
Pennsylvania
“Great pick for a large Italian, family style meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

My aunt and uncle, who moved to the Myrtle Beach area several years ago, suggested we go to Umberto's with our group of six. The atmosphere was welcoming with a nice buzz from tables of people enjoying one another's company. The service was very friendly. I especially enjoyed the family style courses that precede your entrée ...bread, vegetable salad, and pasta. Our waiter was more than happy to accommodate our request to space the courses to allow us to digest. We did not feel rushed at all. The pasta, sauces, bread and seafood were excellent. I also enjoyed the touch of Pittsburgh; an homage to the owner's hometown.

• Visited September 2013
Greenwood, Indiana
“Looking for a nice Italian dinner , but found a loud restaurant with just ok cuisine!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Umberto's, boy are you a loud place! I don't know if it's always like that but we could barely hear each other across the table. Now the food was pretty good. They give you a. Greens and bean thick soup like appetizer to start we enjoyed it. Even my 11 year old daughter, but they could do better on the bread. It was hard and very crusty making it difficult to chew. Our waitress was flighty and forgot our iced tea several times after we had asked. She also was hurrying to clear plates from the table next to us and dropped several. It was the only time the restaurant got quiet for a second. They brought a salad made of tomatoes, cucumbers and red onions next. It was ok but really the red onions were to strong and even a bit spicey. Next we got our pasta and entrees. It was angle hair pasta with a red sauce. Pretty runny sauce but again ok. I ordered the eggplant/veal parmigiana. The breading was a little overpowering my husbands chicken parmigiana was the same. We didn't have dessert, it was just to loud of an atmosphere. They did have several men's golf groups in our seated area. One man was drinking from a wine bottle, not what a family wants to be seated next to!

Visited October 2013