“lots of room and clean”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff was friendly, down to earth, and respectful. This was my first visit to South Carolina and the staff was very knowledgable about the area around their hotel. The complimentary breakfast was excellent. The quality of the of my stay and service was overall excellent. I will definitely stay here again when I visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm generally a very easy to please customer and I have never taken the time to actually write a poor review on a hotel because I've never had an experience so poor that I felt I had to save future guests from this experience. This hotel was awful! The room smelled of smoke and mold, i opened the windows but couldn't even air it out. all of my clothes and bags smell horrible now for being in there for only 2 days...absolutely disgusting. I washed them and still couldn’t get the smell all the way out....$75 later at the dry cleaners and i can finally wear them again. Additionally, 1 of the 2 beds had dirty sheets...fine...i understand this happens sometimes and things get over looked...however! when we called and requested the bed be changed i was informed that the maids had gone home for the day! mind you, this was only at 6:00 pm not early morning or late at night. Because the maids had left a man from facilities bought us sheets so that we could re make the bed ourselves....the "do-it-yourself" mentally is not meant for the hospitality industry. I'm not even at the best part yet! The hotel failed to inform me that during my two night stay we would also be sharing the hotel with a college fraternity in the adjoining building. The frat brothers and their dates were up all night both nights screaming and being loud. it was unbelievable. The hotel and its rooms were in desperate need of an update and deep deep cleaning. its only redeeming qualities were a couple friendly staff members and the Italian restaurant across the street. I will never ever ever stay at this hotel or another Wydham hotel in my life.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Minneapolis-St Paul
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent 8 nights here and highly recommend it for work or leisure. It's located near shopping (Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, etc.), movie theater and easy freeway access. Staff was 100% great... friendly, always asking if we needed anything, etc. Was surprised to find a fireplace in our room in addition to the standard full kitchen. No, it's not located in downtown Charleston if that's your destination (it was ours!) but it's only a 10-12 minute drive by freeway and the value more than made up for the location. Comfortable bed and pillows. Pool, whirlpool, breakfast and happy hour snacks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Overall my stay was pleasent. Clean rooms, helpful staff, breakfest was ok. My only issue was that the bed was hard. I personally like a soft pillow top.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Charleston
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
SpringHill Suites Charleston Nor...
#14 of 58 in North Charleston
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston University Boulevard
Wingate by Wyndham Charleston Un...
#11 of 58 in North Charleston
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & ...
#26 of 58 in North Charleston
North Charleston Inn
North Charleston Inn
#45 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
Hyatt Place North Charleston
#4 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham North Charleston SC? Share your experiences!