“"Horrible Stay"”

and 1 more site!
Charleston Airport Hotel
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We booked this Hotel through Hotwire on our way back from Myrtle Beach. There was only 1 person at the check in desk & the line was very long. We checked into the 1st room & the TV was broken. Called down to the frontdesk, no answer. Went back to frontdesk and got a new room and this TV was also broken. I again, walked back downstairs to get a new room and at this point there was a lobby full of guests complaining about various things. The clerk finally gave me my 3rd room. The TV was only showing local channels but it was late and we were fed up at this point. About 5am we woke up to what seemed to be an argument and loud banging on the room next to ours. The bathtub was also horendous. I'm not sure if it was clean or it natural run down appearance.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RENATA B
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

There are newer reviews for Charleston Airport Hotel

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I often stay at a Radisson but this is absolutely the worst Radisson that I have ever stayed at. Check in was so incredibly slow that I nearly walked out. I finally asked the receptionist whether there was a problem and after clicking away at the computer for another few minutes she finally gave me a room.

My room was OK, everything worked as it should, but there was a strange curry-like smell from it. The elevator doors looked like they had been smashed up and patched by a poor craftsman. I walked into the restaurant one evening and promptly walked out because it looked so uninviting. Part of the ground floor, a stores and maintenance area, is caged off by the emergency stairs and looks like something out of a prison movie.

The entrance to the hotel itself from the main road is poorly signposted and the car park layout by the hotel entrance itself is narrow and dangerous. You could easily damage your car on the crazy stone wall opposite the hotel entrance.

The hotel itself appears to be locally in a poor area of North Charleston.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank alkonost45
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We booked through Groupon and they also charged our card. We had to get it straightened out. The rooms smell and they are seedy. They painted everything in an awful dark depressing color. The rugs need updating. There were no tissues in the room and we were told we couldn't get any because housekeeping was locked. It made me wonder what would happen if we ran out of toilet paper. HOWEVER, I wanted to mention the people in the restaurant because they were all so nice and accommodating. They should train everyone else. That part of the experience was really good. Oh, and by the way, the maid had a pack of cigarettes right on her cart and I think she might have smoked in some of the rooms because she was trying to cover something up with strong, strong deodorizer (and why else would you have cigarettes right out on your cart ) Pay a few bucks extra and stay and stay at a different place

Room Tip: stay someplace else!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SCNancylee
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my life...I didnt feel safe at all..There was a strong odor throughout the hotel once you left the lobby and it was unbearable once you got to your room. I had to sleep with a shirt over my nose in order to attempt to get any rest. I also slept in my clothes on top of the covers. The sheets and pillows had black stains on them..The bathroom ceiling was missing a tile..I could go on..The hallways are dimly lit and it just overall seems run down. It seems like an old hotel that they attempted to fix up by adding flat screen tvs ... It was just bad...so bad that I contemplated going somewhere else even though I had already paid for this one, the only reason I stayed is bc it was so late.

Room Tip: Dont stay there..that's the best tip I can give
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank AmberB91
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I called the hotel 3 days before my reservation we had family emergency. I asked if we could simply switch days. Thinking we could come in a few weeks. The lady was happy to do this for us when she asked the date I wanted to confirm with my fiancé. I asked if I could call her back in a few hours when he arrived home she said sure. I called back in a few hours and a different person answered the phone after putting me on hold until the phone hung up. I called back she same person without even saying hello said hold please I was on hold for a hot minute. She got back on line ( side note if you work in customer service and hate your job) Please do all us a favor who spend our hard earned cash to vacation and stay at the business that pays you be a little pleasant. LOng story short she gave me this mumbo jumbo she wouldn't switch our date. I explained the lady 2 hours before actually took the time pulled up reservation and was ready to switch our dates due to medical emergency. So much was going on that I wasn't able to get this problem resolved lost our night in north Charleston and our money. This is a customer service problem Plain and simple

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 782Jolene782
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our front desk staff member in regards to adjusting a reservation due to a medical emergency. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best customer service.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I can't believe this place got 3.8 stars on another website! That's why I booked it for one night. You should avoid it at all costs. It is a dump. The pool is closed (probably for a very good reason). The vending machines only worked if you have EXACT change. The neighborhood is questionable at best. They have tried to renovate but it's like they tried to slap lipstick on a pig and say it's not a pig anymore. If I was booked for more than one night, I would have eaten the cost and gone somewhere (anywhere) else! Radisson should be embarrassed to have their name on this location!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trishie66

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay, including the swimming pool and the vending machines. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked and paid for this hotel through Groupon. The hotel charged our credit card also. NONE of the ice machines worked. The washer and dryers did not work. The hotel staff was not very-well trained in how to answer questions. The entire hotel has an odd smell. There are PLENTY of hotels in the area and I would strongly recommend that you book elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank No N
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014