Charleston Airport Hotel
  • Pool
$98
$129
$116
Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
$129
$116
SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate(North Charleston)(Great Value!)
$85
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 12, 2014

When we got here, the temp outside was near freezing. We walk in to check-in and it was just as cold in the lobby. The poor desk clerk was standing over a little space heater behind the desk. Then we make it up to our room on the second floor and guess what... Yep, the heat doesn't work in the room. We go back down and they put us in a new room. We get up there and there is no remote for the tv, so we pick-up the phone to call the front desk and the phone doesn't work. Luckily there were two phones and the other one did work. We call the front desk and they just told us to go back to our original room and take the remote from it. Once we settle into our room, we are watching tv and the heater comes on and it is soo loud, you could not hear the tv. Try sleeping through that. The chest of drawers looks like it has been kicked in, one lamp doesn't work, one lamp makes a wired noise when you turn it on, and it has a sleep number bed that has one side fully inflated while the other side is fully deflated. I could go on, but you get the point. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Jjf150
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, especially the lack of heat, broken telephone, and faulty sleep number bed. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was at the Radisson for 3 days and 2 nights visiting for a softball tournament. I must say this was by far the worse hotel that I have ever been to. My tub was dirty when I arrived. There was no wash cloths in any of my softball players rooms. I had to call downstairs at least three times in order to get some for my room. The breakfast on a scale from 1-10 was a 2 only because they had cereal. They did't even have orange juice. The lady who was working in the breakfast atrium had to go across the street to buy juice out of her money in order for us to have something to drink. Every room had sleep number beds and they barely worked. Those beds were hard as rocks i could not sleep at all. On top of that the entire hotel cable wasn't working. There printer is down and they haven't had a working fax machine since sometime in 2013. It was the worse experience. Most of the employees were nice I can say that.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank ElljJ
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services in the areas of housekeeping and breakfast and the rooms. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am not usually one to complain but this hotel is not worthy of the Radisson name. No wonder the rate was dirt cheap on Priceline. Won't stay here again. Checked in about 8:30 pm. The woman at the front desk was too busy making up key cards (for no one else at the front desk) to take care of me. After several deep, clearly annoyed, breaths by me she put down what she was doing to check me in, warning me that there was no television. Comcast had a hotel wide problem and while some rooms had OK service I probably wouldn't. Well she was right. No TV.

The bathroom sink had no hot water but shower did. The room was ratty, run down. Paint chips, stained furniture. The walls are paper thin and I heard every flush of a toilet, slam of a door, all night long. Guess I am thankful that the TV was out or I guess I would have heard that as well.

Went to check out. Printer wasn't working so they could not not print me a receipt. Really? I asked the front desk person what was up with this hotel, no TV, no hot water, copier doesn't work? She just referred to the fact that the TV issue was Comcast's problem. No apology. Told her I was not impressed with the hotel at all. Again, no apology. This was tolerable for what I needed which was a hotel close to the airport for a one night's stay but I would never stay here again. And yes, there is a smell to the hotel. I read in a response from the hotel to a previous complaint hat they were under new management. Again, really? Get it together Radisson and becomes worthy of the hotel chain's name or just close. Got to the airport many hours earlier than I wanted because I just had to get out.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CHG

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services especially in regard to the rooms and the staff. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My experience at the Radisson in Charleston, South Carolina was pathetic. I made reservations for two nights/ two queen beds through Groupon . Upon arrival, I was told that they did not have my reservation. After they were able to pull it up, I was given keys to my room and upon entry I realized that it only had a king size bed. I called the front desk and was told that they were completely out of queen beds and I would have to call back to the front desk in the morning to request that I be switched to another room.
I began to settle in and prepared to spend a night with three kids in a king size bed when I realized that the bathroom was not supplied with ANY washcloths. I called to the front desk and requested some and was told that they" could not get to the towels" and that I should call and request some in the morning. I asked what time they would be available and he asked what time that I would need them. I told them that I would need them at 6:00 am because I would need to leave by 7:00. He said no problem. When I called to the front desk I was told that housekeeping did not get in until 9:00. She said she would send some up as soon as housekeeping arrived. That never happened. I could continue on and on..... I did not get my was cloths until about 12:00pm and I finally moved rooms about 5:00pm. This is after speaking with about five different people.

The customer service was appalling. Leadership seemed non existent.The facility has been recently renovated and is not bad but the area is dangerous. There was literally an arrest made by the SWAT team in the lobby on our second day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank luckikarms

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Apathetic staff, zero sound privacy, terrible beds, embarrassing breakfast. Booked a king bed, upon arrival there were none available for myself and my pregnant wife. Had to change rooms 3 times to find a room with no one next door because of sound issues. Online reservation included breakfast, had to fight with front desk to get a voucher to eat. Breakfast a step down from microwavable. Wife burned herself trying to get old pancake unstuck from paper. Water leaking into hallway, paint thinner and smell down the hallway, beds collapsing from wear. Lost most all of the nights sleep due to the trauma and was struggling during my conference the next day due to no rest. After all this, no refund was issued. Staff reluctant or unwilling to help. As the title of this review states, I have not one good thing to report.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank David M
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our Yes I Can! culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.