My daughter and I stayed in the only room available - a room with King bed and sofa bed. The room was clean, which to me is the most important thing. The room had all the amenities - iron, microfridge, microwave, blow dryer. Nice TV. The only complaint is that the bathroom door would not close. The hotel itself shows signs of age and is not very modern. The business center computer was outdated and not easy to work with.
Breakfast is not included, however there is a restaurant in the hotel. Unfortunately, the service was horrible. We waited by the "please wait here to be seated" sign for 10 minutes without anyone acknowledging we were there and then left.
The hotel staff was not helpful. Checking in, I had to ask where the room was as the information was not offered. Checking out, I had to ask for a receipt. It was not automatically given to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOCATION Conveniently located just off I-26, the main route into Charleston, at the corner of Rivers Avenue and East Aviation Ave. Hotel is two miles from Charleston International Airport, 1 mile from I-526, ten minutes from Charleston historic district and downtown Summersville, twenty minutes from area beaches, five minutes from the Charleston Convention Center, Coliseum & Performing Arts Center, 2 miles from the Charleston Air Force base and is just a short drive to the Naval Weapons Station and several business centers. GUEST ROOMS The Charleston Airport Hotel is a full-service hotel, offering 159 guest rooms, each comfortably furnished to ensure a quiet, relaxing stay for the business and leisure traveler. Each room features a coffee maker, remote controlled cable television, in-room movies, high speed internet, work desk, sitting area, full size iron/board, microwave (upon request), refrigerator (upon request) and hairdryer. EVENT FACILITIES The hotel features six meeting/banquet rooms with over 8,000 square feet of event space, accommodating groups from 10-400. Each meeting/banquet room is equipped with high-speed Internet access, light dimmers and individually controlled heating and air conditioning systems. A variety of catering services is offered to suit any occasion. From banquets and receptions to breakfasts and luncheons, our professional staff provides personalized service to handle every detail. RESTAURANT The Haven Restaurant offers Low Country cuisine from 6:00 am - 10:00 am and dinner 5:30 pm to 10 pm. Room service is also available. LOUNGE Haven cocktail lounge, open 4:00 pm - 10:pm am, is a popular after hours gathering place. AMENITIES The Charleston Airport Hotel features are variety of amenities to please any guest including: same day laundry, laundry machines, ample free parking, on-site fitness center, heated indoor pool, and whirlpool. AREA ACTIVITES Tennis courts and championship golf courses are nearby. Fort Sumter, Patriots Point, Tanger Outlets, plantations, gardens, beaches, parks, shopping, the Battery, and the historic district are just minutes away. TRANSPORTATION Complimentary airport shuttle service is provided 6am to 11pm, seven days a week. Transportation to North Charleston's Visitor Center is provided at a small fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charleston Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Charleston Airport
- Radisson North Charleston
- North Charleston Radisson