“Good staff, dingy accomodations”

Charleston Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel is very convenient to the airport and the shuttle is great. The desk staff were also courteous and helpful, but they cannot hide the fact the this hotel is in desperate need of a complete facelift. The carpets are filthy. the dirt has accumulated in the corners and the furniture has cigarette burns. I would not go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John65743
DeEtte C, Front Office Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay.

As of November 26,2012 we are going through a complete refresh of the hotel. Our target date to be completed is March 31, 2013 but we appreciate the feedback , and I hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

DeEtte Clay
Radisson Charleston Airport

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this radisson the night before our cruise and it was great. The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the port. It was cheaper then paying the fees at the port to park your car. The hotel was very clean and quiet. Our hotel package also included a morning buffet breakfast which had a lot of items to chose from. We did have a small problem with the shuttle time that we signed up for but the hotel staff was quick to resolve it, (someone took our time slot on the shuttle and we had to wait for the next one, which was fine because we got our own shuttle). I would stay at this hotel again and they are working on upgrades.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
DeEtte C, Front Office Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and took advantage of the Cruise package that we offer. Sorry for the miscommunication regarding the time slot for the shuttle, but we are glad that everything worked out. Once again, thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very nice. Has indoor heated pool and hot tub. Resturant. Large visiting area. Sleep nunber beds. Free internet. Free parking. Safely lit. They are upgrading as they go along, carpet, tv, etc. Great friendly staff. Thats why they have repeat business

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank diver0247
DeEtte C, Front Office Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how recent stay with us was. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and we are glad you are seeing the improvement we are making through the renovations.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

No problems at all. Parking was free and abundant. Location is great for just about anything you might want to do in the area. The price was right. Very nice beds. Friendly front desk staff shared their boiled peanuts with me. Thank you!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DeEtte C, Front Office Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how recent stay with us was. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and the boiled peanuts.

Once again, thank you.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at his Radisson three different times. I was impressed with the service at my most recent stay. When I arrived, I had help with my luggage instantly. This was very helpful to me. I was in Charleston for an earlier meeting, and I had unfortunately strained a leg muscle prior to driving two hours to get there. The front desk staff was helpful and efficient. The Radisson has all that you need in amenities, spa and fitness, breakfast at the restaurant, non smoking property, and a microwave and frig in each room. My favorite part of this hotel is the premium bedding. I love their sleep number beds, and the one time I did not get a Sleep Number bed, the bed was still top quality and very comfortable. My muscle strain had gotten worse that day, and I was happy to report that I was assisted when I asked for the phone number to the nearest pharmacy, and even the general manager checked on me. My stay was for one night, and though my pain caused me to sleep only four hours, the next day I felt able to go to the nearby pharmacy, and also shop at the Northwoods Mall. The staff had been very courteous and nonjudgmental, as I was displaying a slight limp. And due to the extenuating circumstance, they allowed me a later checkout. I can say that even though my trip had a glitch because of my unexpected injury, that the service and comfort I felt was outstanding. And I am giving them an excellent rating, due to the caring staff. I have been to other hotels where the front desk staff acts clueless, with questionable service, and that aspect is important to me. Also, the location is convenient to all things, - highways, the mall, downtown Charleston, Tanger Outlet, and Mount Pleasant. So, I will stay at the Radisson in the future again, and I recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and We hope that your muscle strain has since gone away.

Please know that having you as a guest is always an honor and on behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed here because of the promotion by the Carlson Club of staying one night in any of their hotels and get a Free Night Award for a later stay in any Carlson hotel anywhere. This hotel needs renovating badly but has some amenities we enjoyed: free internet; free airport shuttle; free buffet breakfast with AAA rate; reasonable rates. The hallway carpets are badly soiled. There was a large carpet stain in our room. The shower head did not function very well. There is no flat screen TV. Management noted that they are beginning renovation. I would not recommend the hotel until after the renovation.

Room Tip: Although the hotel is near an interstate, the rooms are soundproofed and very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
DeEtte C, Front Office Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your room during your recent stay with us was not up to par. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. We are currently going through a refresh and I would love to have you come back and give us another chance . Do not hesitate to contact me directly at deette.clay@radisson.com if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Radisson should close this hotel immediately. The room's carpet was stained in several locations, the walls in the bathroom and in the room had holes that were not repaired, the bathroom floor was stained and dirty. I have stayed in Radissons and hotels all around the world and this has to be very near the bottom of the list.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DeEtte C, Front Office Manager at Charleston Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your room during your recent stay with us was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. We are gearing up for a refresh starting this month and I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at deette.clay@radisson.com if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.

Warm regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#2 of 59 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#3 of 59 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#4 of 59 in North Charleston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlesto...
#8 of 59 in North Charleston
North Charleston Marriott
North Charleston Marriott
#22 of 59 in North Charleston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview

Been to Charleston Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!