“Horrible and nasty rooms”

Motel 6 Charleston North
Ranked #34 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Horrible and nasty rooms”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place was the worst motel or motel 6 I have ever stayed in.... I thinkg $39.95 is to much for this trash bin... I only booked one night there and immediately realized after walking in my room that this was a bad decision. The room was the worst smelling motel I could imagine ever existed. The carpet was dirty and wet. The crappy tv was dusty.The bed sheets smelled like they were donated from the local salvation army. No bath tubs. Showers were small and awkward. The towels and wash cloth smelled as bad as the room. I spent extra money at the local Wal-Mart buying bed sheets, pillow cases, febreeze, Lysol and Glade plug-ins. The other residents were either blue colar workers on business or local losers who hang out or maybe even live in this dump. I checked my car at random times because I didnt feel it was safe outside. After switching two rooms I was offered complimentary wifi witch sucked!!! I cant believe this place is open for business... Ive stayed at many motel 6 before with no complaints until this one. Id advise anyone to spend the extra cash and go far away from that place...

Room Tip: The best tip is to just go somewhere else! Dont consider this horrible motel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jarvae W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Roebuck, South Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The building is older, but I found the room to be clean. Just because something is old doesn't mean it's dirty. The hotel was filled with mostly men working on the road(traveling repairmen), so the parking was somewhat daunting. I did not feel unsafe at any time. I left my home in a rush and forgot shampoo. They did not have any complimentary shampoo, and the clerk did not offer to direct me to the nearest store. There was no continental breakfast or free wifi(2.99per day). I did not realize at the time of booking, if would have affected my decision to stay at this hotel. I will not be staying here again. I stayed in another North Charleston Hotel a couple of months ago. It was also an older building, very clean, super friendly staff, continental breakfast, free wifi, complimentary toothbrush(for an unexpected guest staying the night with us), etc...ALL for less per night than this Motel 6. That hotel was booked or I would have been there. Not a bad hotel if you just need a place to sleep for the night. It just doesn't have ANY amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DLHTEH06
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Charleston North, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear DLHTEH06 - We apologize for your unsatisfactory stay; thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience so we can serve you better in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I came to Charleston for my Uncle's funeral. Upon arrival, my kids and I walked into the room and were overwhelmed at the stinch of nastiness. When I looked at the bed closest to the wall, there was a blood booger on the head board. We were supposed to stay 2 nights and we were so disgusted we left. There was very obviously prostitutes and the like at this particular location. Those who had a police presence were lucky, as we had no such presence on our visit. I can assure you that we will not stay at this location EVER again. When I went down to the front office to complain, the front staff was less than helpful and told me to come back the next day if we wanted a refund. Um, no thanks.

Room Tip: There is no good room here! This place should be condemed!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Goodyear AZ
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Oh My God!! This is **The Worst Motel I have **Ever** Stayed In** !! Registered for two nights and checked out after the first. I am **not** kidding in this title. I was with a recovered crack addict and there were dealers on every angle of the balcony rooms. There was even a police car out front and an officer in the office "for presence". **Yes**, he was only there for presence and probably in on the profits as my roommate relapsed, bought on the premises and used after years of being clean. I was uncomfortable from arrival and did not feel safe standing outside my door to have a cigarette. I was asked if I "partied" by one of the dealers personally. **Any** police officer could have seen what was going on without one ounce of public service training. I have often stayed in Motel 6's, I will **Never** stay in another. Worst experience of my life. My advice, stay closer to the Navy base or farther out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Taylors, South Carolina
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a room with 1 queen bed on the ground floor. We planned to stay here 3 nights but checked out after 1 because it was terrible. For $10 more we found a motel that was much more comfortable. I suppose the room was clean because it had an over-powering smell of industrial-strength cleaner, but it felt grungy and old. The air conditioner did nothing to cool the room and smelled like dust. The pillows were limp, the covers were dingy, and the carpet felt gross. The staff members were either completely overwhelmed or unhelpful. The location isn't bad, only 15 minutes from Charleston, but there are so many hotels/motels in that area, I'm sure you could find a better place to stay than here.

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The beds were convenient and the pillows were soft.
The rooms are definitely not very clean, including the floor, towels and shower. The blankets had holes (!) and were not clean either. Some of the staff was not very knowledgeable and helpful, but some were very good.
I would rather spend some more money and stay in a better place next time.
The location is ok. It is about 15 minutes to the downtown Charleston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is your basic Motel 6, which suited my needs fine. Bed was comfortable, clean room. Some of the furniture looks dated, but that is fine if you are just using the room to mainly sleep, shower and change clothes. Staff was very nice and helpful with my questions. Even printed out directions from mapquest for me! I liked having a police officer in the parking lot. I know alot of people automatically say that must mean that the place is bad, but I rather have the police there. I feel safer that way especially if I am travelling solo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the front.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo